White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2005, 12:47 PM
WSI Personality

Default What kind of dope gets ejected from a Spring Training Game?

This guy

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerp...rt=MLB&id=4344

Old 03-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

Not surprised Joe West involved, that is one ump that holds grudges a long time...
(however I give him credit for having the guts to making the right call in Game 6 of the ALCS on A-Rod at Yankee Stadium. )

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- In a stunning series of events, Sammy Sosa was ejected from the Orioles' Spring Training game against the Nationals on Saturday afternoon while standing in right field in the top of the second inning.
Sosa was called out on strikes to end the first inning by home-plate umpire Joe West. An angry Sosa disputed the call and walked out to take his position in right field. Before Washington's Brad Wilkerson stepped to the plate to begin the second inning, second-base umpire C.B. Bucknor motioned to West at home plate, who then pointed to Sosa in right field, ejecting him from the game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Old 03-05-2005, 03:53 PM
WSI Prelate

"Beisbol has been berry, berry, goodtome."
Old 03-05-2005, 04:01 PM
WSI Regular

hahaha that's awesome. He didn't even know he got ejected til he was back on the field.....
Old 03-05-2005, 04:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Probably boning up on his 'don't understand english' routine for when it's his turn to testify before Congress.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

and supposedly Sammy hit his own car with a foul ball from his at-bat.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:04 PM
WSI Personality

Default Sosa Ejected from Spring Training Game....

Quote:
``I said, 'That was a strike,''' Sosa said, ``and then the second-base umpire was like, 'Knock it off.' I said something back to him, and that was everything. I was all the way in right field, but I guess he took it the wrong way and threw me out of the game.''
Yeah, he took it the wrong way? There's only one way to take it. Apparently, Sammy is also warning all other outfielders to beware the short-tempered umpires around the league. Someone needs to buy this guy a clue...

Here's a link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_y...305101&prov=ap

EDIT: Sorry about the new thread. Thanks to whoever moved this.

Last edited by mealfred13; 03-05-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Everybody's All-American

Default Sosa Ejected in ST game

Quote:

Sosa tossed in second inning
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- As an encore to his successful debut with the Baltimore Orioles, Sammy Sosa did something even more memorable: He got ejected from a spring training game while playing the outfield.

Sosa was tossed in the second inning of the Orioles' 9-6 loss to the Washington Nationals on Saturday. It was the first time in 34 years that Baltimore and Washington met on the baseball diamond, but the result was far less compelling than Sosa's surprise exit.

Traded from the Chicago Cubs to Baltimore during offseason, Sosa launched his career with the Orioles by getting two hits, including a homer, on Friday. His stint Saturday was much shorter.

The sequence of events that led to his ejection by second base umpire C.B. Bucknor began in the bottom of the first inning, when Sosa was called out by home plate umpire Joe West on a high third strike. Sosa briefly expressed his displeasure with the call before taking his place in right field.

After Baltimore starter Daniel Cabrera opened the second inning by going to a 2-0 count on leadoff hitter Brad Wilkerson, Sosa was ejected.

"I said, 'That was a strike," Sosa said, "and then the second-base umpire was like, 'Knock it off.' I said something back to him, and that was everything. I was all the way in right field, but I guess he took it the wrong way and threw me out of the game."

Sosa said his comments were not directed directly at Bucknor, but at West, who was well out of earshot.
"I told (Bucknor), 'Come on, this is spring training," Sosa said. "I was like, 'Wow, you can't even say anything in this game."
Linky
So much for everyone loving him...

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Sosa gets ejected from Spring Training Game

ha...roid rage?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250305101

Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?
Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.
Archie Graham: Right.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofCSoxFan
lmao!

Old 03-05-2005, 07:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Racehorse
lmao!

I'm actually watching a replay of this game on TV right now, and it was pretty funny. First Sham-Me acted like a baby on a called third strike, and I thought that seemed strange because it was at least close, and, what the hell, it's spring training. According the the TV announcers, what then happened was Sosa went out to right field where a fan shouted something to the effect of, "It was a strike, Sammy!" Sammy turned around, I'm guessing to say something to the fan, and the 2nd base umpire told him to turn back around, at which point Sammy said something to the 2nd base umpire (the TV reporter didn't say what). The 2nd base umpire tossed him, at which point Sham-Me took a slooooowww afternoon stroll to 2nd base to throw his glove at the feet of the ump.

Needless to say it was all very strange for a spring training game. Roid rage is right!
Old 03-05-2005, 07:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoxfan
hahaha that's awesome. He didn't even know he got ejected til he was back on the field.....

"Sammy did it for the fans.... Sammy just wants to entertain them... Sammy didn't hear Joe West or anyone else throw me out... Sammy came back giving the umps a chance to overturn their decision... I love baseball... I love the fans... Chicago been berry, berry good to me. Baltimore is berry, berry good to me".

SAMMY SOSA WATCH: 2/4, 1 HR, 1 RBI IN SPRING TRAINING!
Old 03-05-2005, 07:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJA
I'm actually watching a replay of this game on TV right now, and it was pretty funny. First Sham-Me acted like a baby on a called third strike, and I thought that seemed strange because it was at least close, and, what the hell, it's spring training. According the the TV announcers, what then happened was Sosa went out to right field where a fan shouted something to the effect of, "It was a strike, Sammy!" Sammy turned around, I'm guessing to say something to the fan, and the 2nd base umpire told him to turn back around, at which point Sammy said something to the 2nd base umpire (the TV reporter didn't say what). The 2nd base umpire tossed him, at which point Sham-Me took a slooooowww afternoon stroll to 2nd base to throw his glove at the feet of the ump.

Needless to say it was all very strange for a spring training game. Roid rage is right!
i believe sammy is off the juice, how could it be roid rage then?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's probably not roid rage, just the Cub mentality inside of him. While most teams are usually getting ready for the upcoming season in spring training, the cubs seem to spend all of their time thinking of excuses they'll have to use during the season.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxwon
i believe sammy is off the juice, how could it be roid rage then?
Withdrawl, plus you all know how he gets when the fans don't pleasure him... Earplugs for the Sox v. flubs games after the cork incident, last year after the media made fun of him for the DL stint and ripped him for sucking finally the 'fans' started to get on him after the collective choke job they pulled late last year. "It was a strike ShaME" nice

"I've thought about opening a bottle of champagne and pouring it on my teammates' heads. I don't care about my stats, just as long as we win. That gets us closer to my goal." C. Politte