White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Ask Steve Stone...

I just heard Stone's report on with Telander. A called asked Stone how Carl Everett looks. Stone said that he hasn't seen Everett yet.

The question I have, and maybe if a WSI poster gets thru they could ask Stone, how many days have you spent at the Sox camp? How many days have you spent at the Cubs camp?

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 03-04-2005, 06:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

All reports have said that Everett has lost close to 20 pounds in the offseason. He should be alot more trimmed down than what he was last season, which was fat.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
All reports have said that Everett has lost close to 20 pounds in the offseason. He should be alot more trimmed down than what he was last season, which was fat.
I guess I wasn't clear. The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't seem that Stone has spent time with the Sox. If Stone had been in the Sox camp then no doubt he would have seen Carl Everett.

Carl Everett is the Sox DH, at least until Frank returns. So if Stone was there in Sox camp don't you think you'd notice the Sox starting DH?

If I were to bet I'd say that Stone has spent little to no time in the Sox camp but has instead been camped out in Mesa with the Cubs.

Today, the SCORE had Oftman and Stone watching the Cubs game and no one watching the Sox.

Just like FoxNews, the SCORE - Fair and Balanced.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Parking Lot Attendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
I guess I wasn't clear. The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't seem that Stone has spent time with the Sox. If Stone had been in the Sox camp then no doubt he would have seen Carl Everett.

Carl Everett is the Sox DH, at least until Frank returns. So if Stone was there in Sox camp don't you think you'd notice the Sox starting DH?

If I were to bet I'd say that Stone has spent little to no time in the Sox camp but has instead been camped out in Mesa with the Cubs.

Today, the SCORE had Oftman and Stone watching the Cubs game and no one watching the Sox.

Just like FoxNews, the SCORE - Fair and Balanced.
Ofman has been in Tucson the past several days. He just went to Cubs camp this afternoon.

I don't know where Stone is/was. I didn't even know he went to ST yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829
Ofman has been in Tucson the past several days. He just went to Cubs camp this afternoon.

I don't know where Stone is/was. I didn't even know he went to ST yet.
Steve Stone lives in the Tucson area.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
WSI Regular

Score use to say "For your Cubs/White Sox Spring Training, baseball expert Steve Stone ..."

Now the new promos on the Score say "Cubs baseball expert Steve Stone."

There is one commercial where Steve Stone says, "Hey Cub fans, I'm back!"

I heard him the other day and he spent the whole time talking Cubs. He mentioned the White Sox in one brief sentence. No White Sox love at all.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
WSI Regular

I've heard him on the radio a few times in the past week or so & he has nothing to say about the Sox. One question they asked Stone was "which Chicago team has a better starting 5?" I should have shut off the radio, i knew what was coming.... After a long talk on how great the Cubs are & how they have three #1 starters (Prior, Zambrano & Wood) he did go on to say he liked Buehrle, & nobody in baseball would consider Garcia a #1.

Man, I wanted to call in just rattle off Garcia / Wood stats....

Last edited by mccombe_35; 03-11-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Stone is a waste, the Score is a waste, and the Flubs are a waste

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoester
Score use to say "For your Cubs/White Sox Spring Training, baseball expert Steve Stone ..."

Now the new promos on the Score say "Cubs baseball expert Steve Stone."

There is one commercial where Steve Stone says, "Hey Cub fans, I'm back!"

I heard him the other day and he spent the whole time talking Cubs. He mentioned the White Sox in one brief sentence. No White Sox love at all.
The SCORE has Stone and Oftman reporting from ST. I don't know how many times I've heard reports, on the same day, where both of them were reporting from Mesa. Then there is Bruce LeVineLine from ESPN, the Sox station, and he'll be in Mesa as well.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIsHere
Stone is a waste, the Score is a waste, and the Flubs are a waste

wait - i thought he was going to be our next gm? wasn't that the plan of most of the people who just KNEW kenny was going to do a ****ty job this offseason?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Banned

Didn't we already have a thread about Stone? In that thread I and many others talked about how little Stone mentions the Sox. I'm sure he hasn't been to Sox camp and the more I listen to the Score the less I like it. I remember when almost everyone was a Sox fan and now it just sucks.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Official Professor

And a lot of people on this board were all atwitter at the possibility of Stone becoming the Sox TV color guy.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
The SCORE has Stone and Oftman reporting from ST. I don't know how many times I've heard reports, on the same day, where both of them were reporting from Mesa. Then there is Bruce LeVineLine from ESPN, the Sox station, and he'll be in Mesa as well.
Not to defend Levine, but I know he spends 2/3 days at each camp and goes back and forth. Unless he is just pretending to be covering the sox?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

I have heard Stone talk about the Sox, but its mainly been after a caller has asked a Sox question. Usually the vast majority of his report is about the Cubs.

I would suspect he wanted the join the Score strictly as their CUBS commentator, but station management insisted he talk about the Sox too. I'm sure he would prefer not to bother with the Sox if it was up to him.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

When I read the title to this thread, I thought it was going to be similar to the "Ask Farmeo" thread...good times...good times.

Go Sox....OH YEAH!