White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
WSI Personality

Post BA's Top Thirty Sox Prospects

Just got my copy of the BA Prospect Handbook. A few surprises in the rankings. Salvador Sanchez is number 22 before he's played an inning stateside. Haigwood is ranked significantly higher than Ryan Rodriguez. Lumsden is quite a bit ahead of Whisler. In all, seven of the top 30 are LHPs. One name that I was on the lookout for but he didn't make it is Fernando Hernandez, RHP. He quietly had a great season out of the Kanny bullpen. I was wondering if Randar or any of other scout-types have seen him pitch.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
Just got my copy of the BA Prospect Handbook. A few surprises in the rankings. Salvador Sanchez is number 22 before he's played an inning stateside. Haigwood is ranked significantly higher than Ryan Rodriguez. Lumsden is quite a bit ahead of Whisler. In all, seven of the top 30 are LHPs. One name that I was on the lookout for but he didn't make it is Fernando Hernandez, RHP. He quietly had a great season out of the Kanny bullpen. I was wondering if Randar or any of other scout-types have seen him pitch.
A reliever at that level has got to be utterly electric to make a top 30 list. I haven't seen him play, but at 5'11" and 190, doubt that a 49th round pick is fits that description...
Old 03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
How much was the handbook? I got last years.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:51 PM
WSI Personality

Around $25 I think. Well worth it to me. I'm addicted to baseball.