White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005, 12:56 AM
WSI Personality

Default Great Quote from Millar about Flubs

There is a long article now on ESPN.com about the Red Sox and how things have changed now that they won the series(I was waiting for one of these). This is what Kevin Millar said when asked if the fans wouldn't mind if the Red Sox lost now.

Quote:
"The way it looks to me," says Kevin Millar, "is that these people want to win again. We're not the lovable losers here. The Cubbies can go out and have a beer and have a good time. But we've gotta WIN."
I liked this quote. Is it possible that the rest of the country is starting to realize how disgusting the Cubs and their fans are? Have people gone from rooting for the Cubs to pitying them to possibly loathing them? We can only hope, but its good to see that someone from Boston realizes that the drunken buffoonery that passes for "passionate fans" and and "a beautiful, historic ballpark" is just a bunch of self-loathing, drunken yuppy pieces of excriment who couldn't care less about the score, let alone 97 years of losing as long as there are girls flashing in the bleachers and the $5 luke warm Old Style flows like water.

"This is our rival right here. Forget the other teams. I think it's going to come down to us and (the Indians)."
-Dmitri Young, 4/10/05
Old 03-04-2005, 08:54 AM
WSI Church Elder

I doubt more than .5% of baseball fans are going to start loathing the Cubs if they already don't do so. They are what they are, lovable losers and some idiots just can't stop loving them...or being losers.

Go Sox....OH YEAH!