White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2005, 04:09 PM
MMXXIII

Default Cubs, City Agree on deal to expand Wrigley

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ck=1&cset=true

Bleachers over Waveland Ave. and the new building/parking garage across the street.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

More room for the fans of the Lovable Losers to crowd.

Increased crowds + same number of troughs in the bathrooms = more urine in the Urinal
Old 03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Maybe the city is setting them up? whats going to happen when there 200 people in a bathroom that could only hold 50?

Last edited by Kogs35; 03-01-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
whats going to happen when there 200 in a bathroom that could only hold 50?
Grammar police!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
WSI Personality

I have seen the renderings, it looks horrible. The extra bleachers look ridiculous and out of place. That triangular parking garage thing looks like abstract art. It will look absolutley horrible. I am pissed at Daly for letting this happen. The place isnt structurally sound. If it is to be saved, large parts of it must be rebuilt. How can they be allowed to build on to a stadium that is falling apart without first rebulding it? Its like getting a $100 haircut for a ten cent whore.

Oh course, Moronotti was pleasuring himself over the radio when this renderings came out. "Once again... the Tribune Company got it right and the Sox didn't. Why cant they do something like this at the ballmall?" That triangular building has a catwalk on the roof that leads into the UD of the park, and he was saying how innovative and nice that is. This from the man who says the bridge across 35th from the ramps into Sox park is one of the ugliest most unwelcome pieces of architecture in the world.

The absolute worst part of this all, the media morons will CONTINUE to worship the Urinal even though it is a clash of two styles of architecture (Soldier Field, anyone?). Party at my place the day it finally falls apart!!!

"This is our rival right here. Forget the other teams. I think it's going to come down to us and (the Indians)."
-Dmitri Young, 4/10/05
Old 03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
WSI Personality

At the end of the day, it's still the urinal....

Old Comiskey (4-4), New Comiskey/US Cellular Field (12-10), Milwaukee County Stadium (4-2), Tiger Stadium (1-0), Camden Yards (7-6), PNC Park (1-1), Citizens Bank Park (0-2), Progressive Field (1-1), Tropicana Field (0-1), Old Yankee Stadium (0-1), New Yankee Stadium (0-1), Fenway Park (1-0), Nationals Park (1-0), Kaufmann Stadium (0-1), Comerica Park (0-2), Rangers Ballpark in Arlington (1-1)
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogs35
Maybe the city is setting them up? whats going to happen when there 200 in a bathroom that could only hold 50?
Just take a look at Soldier Field. The bathroom lines are just as bad even after the renovation. Get in line for the sink and trash cans.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:24 PM
WSI Regular

anyone have a link to that shows how even more ridiculous that piece of crap stadium is gonna look? i wanna see the design of the new "modern urnial"....
Old 03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42
Grammar police!
My homemade tag should become your own personal tag, kittle. I bequeath it to you! It's somewhere on the test board if you want it.
As for this thread...
:
Old 03-01-2005, 09:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Googling it came up with a few pics from the Chicago Tribune. Looks like crap IMO, but it'll be more convenient for people who drive to the urinal. It won't matter to me though, since I have no plans of ever going to Wrigley Field..
link
Old 03-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingBillini
I am pissed at Daly for letting this happen.

The absolute worst part of this all, the media morons will CONTINUE to worship the Urinal even though it is a clash of two styles of architecture (Soldier Field, anyone?). Party at my place the day it finally falls apart!!!

Daly knows what he's doing... when that building finally collapses its just a few more hundred Cubs fans saying "Oooooooh Nooooo!"
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned

And so continues the collapse of Wrigley along with the Cubs fanbase. Daly is a genius!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

It would really be a shame if the bleacher construction somehow killed all of the ivy. One could only hope. That would be treated like 9-11 in this goofy town. The coverage would be non-stop. But now that I've thought it out, I hope nothing happens. The ivy coverage would make me sick (who is it that has the picture of the guy projectile vomiting, needed right now).
Old 03-01-2005, 10:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Googling Looks like crap IMO, but it'll be more convenient for people who drive to the urinal.
No, it wont. It will be even more of a cluster ****. First of all, there are only 1 or 2 hundered parking spots in the building. Most importantly, traffic getting out of that garage will be HORRIBLE. A couple hundred cars all trying to exit at the same time onto the same street will be madness. Now, equate into that the drunken fools who casually stroll across the street and block cars. With all those morons in the streets, the last car wont be able to leave that garage for probably 2 hours after the game.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

The mayor of Chicago is Daley, not Daly.

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.