Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2005, 03:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Post Update on the CELL

I was just there yesterday for a work orientation, and I got a good look into the ballpark....

The green seats arent in place yet, but I saw a few of them sitting in the tunnel underneath the stadium...Theyre sweet

The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season, but it is starting to look good...It should look great when done

The FUNdamentals isnt even near completion, but I did find out some stuff theyll have in it....There will be a "Race Scott Podsednik", where kids can try to run faster than a mechanical Scotty Po....When the kids hit a HR, there will be a mini scoreboard that lights up and mini pinwheels will spin on top of the board....It sounds nice

I wish I had a digital camera, but there isnt THAT much to see....Guess we all have to wait until opening day....

36 days!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisox003
The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season, but it is starting to look good...It should look great when done
That's not good news. High-rollers aren't gonna be too pleased to be sitting in an uncompleted section at $170/ticket

Old 02-27-2005, 03:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan
That's not good news. High-rollers aren't gonna be too pleased to be sitting in an uncompleted section at $170/ticket
True...

But, I dont know if this is known by everyone because I didnt know, but people who sit in scout seats are basically waited on hand in foot--AND, all the food and drinks they get are FREE....Including beer

Thats a pretty good deal, as long as you get enough stuff to equal your $170 ticket
Old 02-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

I'm really interested to see how all the renovations shape up this season. It sounds like they won't be done, which won't be very pleasing. It seemed like they got off to a slow/late start.

Then again, it didn't seem like the upper deck was going to be finished but it was by opening day. And they had some really bad weather last off season to deal with too.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Thats a pretty good deal, as long as you get enough stuff to equal your $170 ticket
I agree with you. But I'm sure they still want their section complete. I'd pay $170 to sit there a game or two
Old 02-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Banned

I don't get it.....it seems as though they started the work way too late, long after the season ended...or am I wrong?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:04 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season,
I have a feeling they're going to find a way to get the Scout Seats done on time for opening day.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxt
I don't get it.....it seems as though they started the work way too late, long after the season ended...or am I wrong?
I have a sneaking suspicion that everything will be nearly complete at the start of the season. There's still more than a month to go, and I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that everything will be nearly complete at the start of the season. There's still more than a month to go, and I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.
Of course they will get it done. The Sox have sold thousands of dollars worth of seats right behind home plate with this new section. Do you think they want an incomplete seating section shown on tv from the centerfield camera for the first month of the season, in addition to pissing off the people who bought the seats? It will be finished.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.
Maybe that means with the money Jerry will save from the renovations not finishing on time, he'll be able to put up the homerun porch next winter!
Old 02-27-2005, 04:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The green seats arent in place yet, but I saw a few of them sitting in the tunnel underneath the stadium...Theyre sweet
I pretty such that the only places with green seats this year will be the 300 level and the scout seats. So it doesn't mean anything that the green seats aren't in yet.

Go Sox....OH YEAH!
Old 02-27-2005, 04:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Why is everyone freaking out about the renovations not being done on time? The Sox would be a bunch of idiots if they opened the park on opening day with renovations not complete yet, at least on the outside. I'm sure 100% of the scout seats will be in place, the only thing that might not be completed on time is the underground concourse for those ticket holders. Also, the Sox aren't going to leave the Fundamentals area half-done.

I mean, does anyone remember last year at this time the upper deck roof wasn't even close do being done at about this time?

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Hey, Im just repeating what I was told yesterday...

I think it will look pretty good even though it wont be COMPLETELY done, but I also hope they get it done...

No vending in those seats this year either...
Old 02-27-2005, 04:45 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Hey, Im just repeating what I was told yesterday...

I think it will look pretty good even though it wont be COMPLETELY done, but I also hope they get it done...

No vending in those seats this year either...
Wait... no vending in the scout seats? Cant be right...
Old 02-27-2005, 04:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
True...

But, I dont know if this is known by everyone because I didnt know, but people who sit in scout seats are basically waited on hand in foot--AND, all the food and drinks they get are FREE....Including beer

Even when I was younger I don't think I could have drunk $170 worth of beer. Unless they're serving lobster, it's going to be pretty tough to justify that based on free food. I would assume virtually all those are going to be bought by people who will write it off as a business expense.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO