White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2005, 03:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Evidence of how DUMB Cub fans really are...

Some guy put up a season ticket package (42 game package, 2 tickets per game) up for sale on eBay. The tickets are for section 508, row 5, which is labeled Upper Deck Reserved (Outfield). On "value days" (if there are such days on the Northside anymore), these tickets sell for $6 a piece. At the most (prime dates), these tickets cost $17.

Now if you do the math, 42 games x 2 tickets per = 84 tickets.

Trying to figure out what this guy paid for them, let's assume he paid the max for the tickets, $17....
84 tickets x $17 per ticket = $1,428.

So with taxes and all, he probably paid about $1,600 or $1,700, tops. He turns around and sells the tickets to a sucker who pays over $4,000 for them! $4,000 for a half-season package for the worst seats in the house. An amazing $2,000+++ profit.

I already was planning on getting season tickets to the Cubs and hoping to take advantage of idoits like this guy, but they had a huge waiting list for season tickets and economically I wasn't sure if I was willing to spend that much. After seeing this, you bet your ass I'm willing to invest in season tickets.

Some of you may get upset at me and say I'm supporting the Cubs, in reality, with some of the profit, I plan to buy White Sox tickets. So don't get mad at me people. Business is business.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
(This is not spam, it is a link to an eBay auction that has ENDED)
Old 02-25-2005, 03:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxFan84
Some guy put up a season ticket package (42 game package, 2 tickets per game) up for sale on eBay. The tickets are for section 508, row 5, which is labeled Upper Deck Reserved (Outfield). On "value days" (if there are such days on the Northside anymore), these tickets sell for $6 a piece. At the most (prime dates), these tickets cost $17.

Now if you do the math, 42 games x 2 tickets per = 84 tickets.

Trying to figure out what this guy paid for them, let's assume he paid the max for the tickets, $17....
84 tickets x $17 per ticket = $1,428.

So with taxes and all, he probably paid about $1,600 or $1,700, tops. He turns around and sells the tickets to a sucker who pays over $4,000 for them! $4,000 for a half-season package for the worst seats in the house. An amazing $2,000+++ profit.

I already was planning on getting season tickets to the Cubs and hoping to take advantage of idoits like this guy, but they had a huge waiting list for season tickets and economically I wasn't sure if I was willing to spend that much. After seeing this, you bet your ass I'm willing to invest in season tickets.

Some of you may get upset at me and say I'm supporting the Cubs, in reality, with some of the profit, I plan to buy White Sox tickets. So don't get mad at me people. Business is business.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
(This is not spam, it is a link to an eBay auction that has ENDED)
Knock yourself out. If you can get some doofus Cubs fan to pay for your Sox tickets, more power to you.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-25-2005, 05:12 PM
WSI High Priest

If you were to make $2000 bucks selling tickets to Blue-Sheeped Fans,
and then turned around and spent that money on the SOX, you
really wouldnt be coming out ahead, but breaking even.
The halfseason pkg I got put me back $1400 bucks ...........
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 02-25-2005, 05:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar18
If you were to make $2000 bucks selling tickets to Blue-Sheeped Fans,
and then turned around and spent that money on the SOX, you
really wouldnt be coming out ahead, but breaking even.
The halfseason pkg I got put me back $1400 bucks ...........
If I did what this guy did, I'd buy a half season Cubs package in the upper deck, spend $1,500 on it. If I can find someone to buy it for $4,000, that means I make $2,500. If I buy the package you bought, I'd still be up $1,100. That's a win-win-win scenario and I'd like to think my chances of finding a sucker like this guy are pretty good.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Yeah and except for that whole "huge waiting list for season tickets" thing you might actually be able to do it.

That "huge waiting list for season tickets" might also explain why people are willing to pay a premium above face value for the seats.

In addition, basic economics states that so long as people are WILLING to pay a huge premium for average or bad seats, the team will also have a "huge waiting list for season tickets".

"Could you explain that again. I missed it the first 10 years I was here. Heck, the rest of my stay wasn't great either... Oh well... Tickets here. Get your discount White Sox tickets here. I've got half-priced tickets for sale... Where's the love man?"

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile
Yeah and except for that whole "huge waiting list for season tickets" thing you might actually be able to do it.

That "huge waiting list for season tickets" might also explain why people are willing to pay a premium above face value for the seats.

In addition, basic economics states that so long as people are WILLING to pay a huge premium for average or bad seats, the team will also have a "huge waiting list for season tickets".

"Could you explain that again. I missed it the first 10 years I was here. Heck, the rest of my stay wasn't great either... Oh well... Tickets here. Get your discount White Sox tickets here. I've got half-priced tickets for sale... Where's the love man?"

How do you know so much about the huge waiting list? You wouldn't happen to be on it... would you?
Old 02-25-2005, 05:26 PM

Quote:
How do you know so much about the huge waiting list? You wouldn't happen to be on it... would you?
Um... that would be no... hmmm... how would I know about the huge waiting list - the one I kept referring to in quotes? Maybe you should go back and reread your first post...

In other words... I got the information from you... so maybe I should be asking YOU about how you knew about the huge waiting list...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:35 PM
WSI Regular

It's just a damn shame......... oh well let them burn there money away!

This isn't a shame. it's my 100th Post!
Old 02-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Um... that would be no... hmmm... how would I know about the huge waiting list - the one I kept referring to in quotes? Maybe you should go back and reread your first post...

In other words... I got the information from you... so maybe I should be asking YOU about how you knew about the huge waiting list...
Definitely, people in New Bern, NC form a large contingent of people on the waiting list for Cubs' tickets.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
Definitely, people in New Bern, NC form a large contingent of people on the waiting list for Cubs' tickets.
I knew I hated this town...

Just joking... It's actually kind of a cool little spot.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

lol, well I actually read it on their official website
Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
Seriously speaking, you'd be surprised how so many of the people selling Cubs tickets are from outside Illinois.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
lol, well I actually read it on their official website
Hanging out on the official flubs website now are you? hmmmmmm....
Old 02-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Banned

you would think the guy selling the tickets made even more money because arent season tickets usually a little lower than the real face value?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

I wondering if you don't buy a 1/2 or full season package from the Evil Ones and then turn around and sell single games instead of the whole package you don't come out even further ahead becasue you can charge more for certain games? Of course selling so many games individually would require more of a time investment on your part..............

Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow flood the Flubs' wait list with Sox fans who will make the Flubs' scalper brokerage green with envy?

All hail The Rick