White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2005, 10:57 AM
WSI Regular

Default Report from the Urinal...

I went this morning (we were 3000 away) just to see how quickly the line would move. As I approached the corner of Waveland and Clark, I felt my skin begin to burn and slowly it started to melt away... anywayzzz, that line was awful. We figured that we weren't going to get anything, but it couldn't hurt to check it out. Apparently they moved about 300 in the first 15 minutes, but I wasn't about to stand there all day with a fleeting hope that I score anything for the ChiSox series. There were a few of us Sox fans out there and I acknowledged where possible.

I also spoke with Bruce Wolf this morning, I'm sure that half of you guys hate the guy, but he told me that he was a Sox fan. Whether he's full of it or not, I don't know. I'm still a relatively "new" Sox fan, an ex-Cub fan until I reached the age of reason, so what do I know? He also said, quietly under his breath and underneath the Urinal sign at Clark & Addison, that the Sox would do "very well" this year. Again, he could have been yanking my chain, who knows. Ronnie Doo Doo was also pestering my friend, kept calling her Blondie and telling her that he loved her. I flashed my Sox jersey and he went away.

My final assessment is this. Looking at all of the people standing there, I would guess that no more than half were true sCrUB fans, my friend included, while the rest were only there because it's "the thing to do". Now when White Sox 2005 playoff/World Series tickets go on sale, I reckon that we'll see half of those people waiting in line for tickets professing their love for whoever ends up becoming the new media darling of Chicago - oh wait, sorry, that tag is reserved for folks like Nomore or Broken Wood. Good thing we're SOX season ticket holders.

Props to Herbal for helping me get over the hump called Chicago sCrUBS baseball and see the light.

White Sox 2005 World Champions
Seattle Seahawks 2006 Super Bowl Champions

By the way, I don't remember who it is on WSI, but they had a picture of the sCrUB scoreboard after the Marlins posted the 8 runs in the 2K3 playoffs. Does anyone know where I can get a large print of that so I can get it framed?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:09 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk037
White Sox 2005 World Champions
Seattle Seahawks 2006 Super Bowl Champions
This is a mind-blowing scenario.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
By the way, I don't remember who it is on WSI, but they had a picture of the sCrUB scoreboard after the Marlins posted the 8 runs in the 2K3 playoffs. Does anyone know where I can get a large print of that so I can get it framed?
That was my old sig. I sent you a private message.

All hail The Rick
Old 02-25-2005, 11:43 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
This is a mind-blowing scenario.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry
That was my old sig. I sent you a private message.
i miss that old sig........
Old 02-25-2005, 01:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I also spoke with Bruce Wolf this morning, I'm sure that half of you guys hate the guy, but he told me that he was a Sox fan. Whether he's full of it or not, I don't know.
I've heard that before and I think its true. He's indicated it on the air a many times, although I don't think he's come out and said it. I don't believe its looked upon too well when a sportscaster says flat out "I am a fan of ____ and not ____", although most of them are biased enough to be transparent in their allegiances. There are a few Sox fans on the Fox Morning News show. I've met Bruce Wolf off the air when I used to work at this store in Deerfield when I was in college and, at least in my experience, he was very quiet and nice, not obnoxious like on TV. He may not be the city's best sportscaster, but he's pretty quick to rip on the Cubs, so he gets a thumbs up in my book.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Ronnie Doo Doo was also pestering my friend, kept calling her Blondie and telling her that he loved her. I flashed my Sox jersey and he went away.
Is that like a vampire/cross type dynamic? That would be cool.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Banned

somehow got tickets to see the Red Sox there on for the Friday and Saturday games

Seems like every BoSox fan is trying

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/i...howtopic=13464