White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Dusty Baker responds to Shammy's accusations

Quote:
Sosa said Wednesday that if he had known his departure [leaving the final game of last season without permission less than 15 minutes after the first pitch] would cause such controversy, he wouldn't have done it. He said Baker had given him the final day off.

That's not how Baker saw things Thursday.

``Actually, the trainer came in the night before and told me he (Sosa) wanted off,'' Baker said. ``He said he wanted off. I said, `Fine, if that's how you want it, if you don't want to play, then I'll play (rookie Jason) Dubois. I didn't give him the day off. He asked for it. Again, it's a matter of who you believe.''
Everyone here believes you, Dusty. In fact, everyone but Shammie himself believes you.

Quote:
Sosa praised Orioles manager Lee Mazzilli and told reporters Mazzilli was the first manager to be honest with him.

``He said the same thing about me when I first got here, and when Baylor first got here,'' said Baker, referring to Don Baylor, who managed Sosa from 2000-2002 and with whom Sosa sparred in Baylor's first season.

Asked if he wished the controversy would go away, Baker replied: ``Yeah, sure, because Sammy's gone. At least you should be able to tell the truth about things.''
I agree. If you can't trust roid users with corked bats to tell the truth, who can you trust.

Link to Article

Deuce
Old 02-24-2005, 04:55 PM
WSI Prelate

Moron ------------------------------------------------------>
Old 02-24-2005, 05:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

I just love to see the mud finally being slung on this team and its players. It would be beautiful if they were talking about this well into the season and the weak minded team used it as an excuse for losing.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Everybody's All-American

I have a question for Shammy...if Dusty gave him the day off, then why did he feel the need to lie to Cub fans and the media about the time he left the park??? If he would've said this when initially questioned about it, he probably wouldn't have caught near the amount of flak he's catching now. But, he just sounds like a liar. What a joke.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

I might have heard incorrectly, but I was doing something with the TV on in the background...it had mentioned something to the extent that Sammy said the conversaion that Dusty talked about the other day - where they talked on the phone for closure and Sammy said nothing back, bla, bla, bla... - never actually happened according to Sosa.

To me they are both idiots, Sammy is a loser, and Baker is a baby.

Go Sox....OH YEAH!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34 Inch Stick
I just love to see the mud finally being slung on this team and its players. It would be beautiful if they were talking about this well into the season and the weak minded team used it as an excuse for losing.
Exactly my thought. Nice to see that dweeb Prior leading the way too. Well, if they don't want to concentrate on BASEBALL and let all this crap bother them, just like they did last year; they'll come in 3rd again, just like they did last year.