White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2005, 02:35 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Canseco criticizes Pirates' Grieve for not taking steroids

"Canseco criticizes Pirates' Grieve - for not taking steroids"
http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sport...r/10964248.htm
Quote:
"Let me tell you, Ben Grieve is a kid who needed to take steroids," Canseco wrote. "He had a slow bat, slow feet and average ability. I could have taken Grieve and turned him into a stud. He would have been the perfect kid to benefit from the combination of steroids and growth hormone."
Quote:
"I'm sure Jose will tell you there are no side effects if you use them the right way, but I don't buy into that," Grieve said. "They can't be good for your body. When I was coming up, I was having success without them. I never really thought I needed them."
Old 02-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Clean-up Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
"Canseco criticizes Pirates' Grieve - for not taking steroids"
http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sport...r/10964248.htm
LOL! What an *******!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:09 AM
WSI High Priest

If anyone needed any further evidence that this man has lost his mind, there it is.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 PM
WSI Prelate

I don't believe this. He's ripping another player because he didn't cheat. *****. Grieve was billed as a "can't miss" prospect when he came up back in 1997. It's unfortunate that things haven't worked out for him since leaving Oakland after the 2000 season, but I'm glad that he never stooped to the level of Canseco, Giambi, or any of the other cheaters.

Canseco is a piece of ****. If he thinks that taking steroids is acceptable, then I'm sure he wouldn't mind if other players got to hit off of a batting tee. I'm tired of hearing these idiots make excuses for the things they have done. What I'm really looking forward to is this:

During the summer, when the Yankees travel to US Cellular Field, I want to see what Jason Giambi has to say for himself if he ends talking to Frank Thomas at first base during the course of a game. Does he really think he's going to be able to look Frank in the eye and talk with him? I honestly don't know how he's going to deal with Thomas, or any of the other clean players. It wouldn't surprise me if no one says a word to him all season, other than something like "**** you!"
Old 02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
WSI High Priest

The next stop on this circus (seriously) is Conseco doing a lie detector on Pay-Per-View.

Now, I ask, why would you pay for it when you will find out about 10 minutes after the program what happened...it's not like you are paying for an event or entertainment.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 02-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Everybody's All-American

Ok, now I know Jose has lost his freakin' mind. How do you criticze someone for not taking steroids? This man is dangerous. I sure hope kids aren't following this stroy, or believing what he says about 'roids.