White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
CubsfansareDRUNK CubsfansareDRUNK is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Elmhurst, Milwaukee
Posts: 2,966
Default What stats do you use against cub fans?

You know how all of you guys are always saying "i badgered that cub fan with stats and they just sat there staring at me blankly". Well what do you say? Do you use batting averages and wins/losses? Aww shoosh, probably just any numbers will do i guess
__________________


Proud to be a WSIer
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Palehose13 Palehose13 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In Milwaukee, hey!
Posts: 10,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsfansareDRUNK
You know how all of you guys are always saying "i badgered that cub fan with stats and they just sat there staring at me blankly". Well what do you say? Do you use batting averages and wins/losses? Aww shoosh, probably just any numbers will do i guess
One thing that has shut them up this off-season has been: "Hey, congrats on finally getting back-to-back wining seasons in my lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2005, 12:45 PM
eastchicagosoxfan eastchicagosoxfan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Chicago, IN.
Posts: 4,725
Default

The great draft choices they've made because they consistently lose 90+ games. I can get under the skin of many Cub fans by invoking the name of Mike Harkey, or even Ty Griffin. Two winning seasons in a row, that's almost Sox-like? Greg Maddux spent te best years of his career in Atlanta. 1969. In general, for a team to lose that consistently, for as long as they have, and to squander opportunity after opportunity to get talent, and yet fail, translates to LOSERS in my book. Moises Alou and Steve Bartman?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2005, 01:34 PM
santo=dorf santo=dorf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,465
Default

"Bad" Season for Podsednik: .313 OBP, 70 SB
Corey Patterson's career numbers: .303 OBP, 71 SB

I think it's obvious why Patterson is the next Carlos Beltran.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Iwritecode Iwritecode is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Rockford
Posts: 11,517
Default

Ask them when Wood is going to win more than 14 games in one season...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2005, 01:51 PM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo=dorf
"Bad" Season for Podsednik: .313 OBP, 70 SB
Corey Patterson's career numbers: .303 OBP, 71 SB
That's a good one! Never thought about that before.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2005, 01:54 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,053
Default

Starting with the 2000 season, the Sox have about 80 more games.

Cubs finished in third place last year, Sox in second.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
jdm2662 jdm2662 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 7,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode
Ask them when Wood is going to win more than 14 games in one season...
I point that out whenever I hear any one say "He's a 20 game winner!!!" I then point out that is Danny Wright's career high in wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry
Cubs finished in third place last year, Sox in second
To me, that does nothing except remind us that they both didn't get the job done last season...
________
New mexico medical marijuana
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:10 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,295
Default

Here's a stat:

100% of Cub fans are idiots.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
CubKilla CubKilla is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 3,739
Default

You'd blow most Cub fans away if you just use common sense.
__________________
Jerry Reinsdorf brings you White Sox Baseball: 2008 AL Central Champs!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-18-2005, 08:10 PM
C-Dawg C-Dawg is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry
Cubs finished in third place last year, Sox in second.
Someone needs to remind Brad Palmer of this fact. Just now on the 6:00 Channel 7 news he said "Last year both the Cubs and Sox finished in second..." I was going to start a new topic, but just decided to toss it in here instead.
__________________
CHICAGO BEARS
Super Bowl XLVII Feb. 3, 2013
CHAMPIONS
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Whitesox029 Whitesox029 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, in enemy territory
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Dawg
Someone needs to remind Brad Palmer of this fact. Just now on the 6:00 Channel 7 news he said "Last year both the Cubs and Sox finished in second..." I was going to start a new topic, but just decided to toss it in here instead.
Strange...I never knew the Wild Card spot went to the best 3rd place team...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 5,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode
Ask them when Wood is going to win more than 14 games in one season...
Here's one that get's them going every time.

Mark Buehrle 2004: 16-10

Kerry Wood and Mark Prior COMBINED 2004: 14-13

Tell them that Buehrle is better than Wood and Prior COMBINED, watch them laugh you off, and then throw this at them.

Also, refer to Kerry Wood as an under .500 pitcher, watch them laugh, and then remind them that "Kid K" went a horrific 8-9 last year.

It really bothers Cub fans when you know more about their team then they do, and you present indisputable facts to them that they can't deny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-18-2005, 10:29 PM
dcb33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This does the trick when Cubs fans talk about great JH and the Cubs organization is compared to how bad and cheap KW and JR and the Sox are:

The Cubs spent $91,101,667 and drew 3,170,184 fans, meaning for each person who saw a game at the Urinal, the Cubs spent $28.74 on players' salaries.
The White Sox spent $68,262,500 and drew 1,930,537 fans (none of which purchased tickets that were scalped by a subsidary of the team), for an average of $35.36 spent on players' salaries per fan.
Had the Cubs spent $35.36 per fan like the Sox, the Cubs payroll would've been $112,097,706. Who's cheap now? For that kind of coin maybe the Tribune Co. could've bought Cubs fans their precious World Series last year... or at least fielded a decent closer!

Also, it helps to point out that the Cubs only won six more games last year while spending a whopping 22,839,167 more than the Sox. That will shut any FOJH up quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Ol' No. 2's Avatar
Ol' No. 2 Ol' No. 2 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bullpen Sports Bar
Posts: 11,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb33
This does the trick when Cubs fans talk about great JH and the Cubs organization is compared to how bad and cheap KW and JR and the Sox are:

The Cubs spent $91,101,667 and drew 3,170,184 fans, meaning for each person who saw a game at the Urinal, the Cubs spent $28.74 on players' salaries.
The White Sox spent $68,262,500 and drew 1,930,537 fans (none of which purchased tickets that were scalped by a subsidary of the team), for an average of $35.36 spent on players' salaries per fan.
Had the Cubs spent $35.36 per fan like the Sox, the Cubs payroll would've been $112,097,706. Who's cheap now? For that kind of coin maybe the Tribune Co. could've bought Cubs fans their precious World Series last year... or at least fielded a decent closer!

Also, it helps to point out that the Cubs only won six more games last year while spending a whopping 22,839,167 more than the Sox. That will shut any FOJH up quickly.
I luv it when you analyze.
__________________

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.