White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Baseball Team Has the Worst Fans?
Chicago Cubs 82 78.85%
Minnesota Twins 4 3.85%
Detroit Tigers 2 1.92%
Cleveland Indians 1 0.96%
Other 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2005, 07:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Which Baseball Team has the worst fans?

I hate the Cubs fans most probably because I have to deal with them so much, but whenever I talk with a Twins fan they piss me off so much. They are the biggest fairweather fans in sports probably. They only go to games when the team is either clinching the division or winning a playoff game. Tigers fans have all these nicknames making fun of us even though they only won 43 games in 2003 and aren't exactly the most flattering teams. We all know how annoying Indian fans were in the 90s. So which team has the worst fans?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:41 PM
WSI Regular

I nominate the Royals. Their fans pay to watch an AAA or AA caliber team, pretending to be a MLB team, lose and suck year after year.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 PM
WSI Personality

'Worst' is a very broad term in this poll. There can be many 'worst' categories (fan support, obnoxiousness, etc.).

BTW, you left out Wrigely Field fans in your poll.

I voted Cub fans of course!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned

Phillies.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

On ABC 7 they just showed video of ONE Cincinnati Reds' fan waiting to purchase tickets today since it was the first day that they were available. That's right -- ONE Reds' fan was waiting to purchase tickets.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo=dorf
Phillies.
First, I don't know why this question is being asked, since we all know who the winners will be.

Second, why the Phillies? Yeah, they're harsh, but I think they're pretty knowledgeable. Sound familiar?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
First, I don't know why this question is being asked, since we all know who the winners will be.

Second, why the Phillies? Yeah, they're harsh, but I think they're pretty knowledgeable. Sound familiar?
I have heard that Phillies' fans are big-time fair-weather fans. They also threw batteries at J.D. Drew during a Cardinals/Phillies game because he was originally drafted by the Phillies but refused to sign with them.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
I have heard that Phillies' fans are big-time fair-weather fans.
Fair-weather as in they don't go to games if the team isn't very good? Or fair-weather in that they don't even follow them if they're not good? If it's the former, well, Sox attendance in 1999 wasn't exactly spectacular.

As far as the batteries thing, that's bad, but every team's fandom has its bad moments, and as people on this board like to say, it's not representative.

It's not that I give a crap about Phillies fans, but I just don't see them being as bad as Cubs fans.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned

I've been around quite a many Phillies fans. They suck. However, they are knowledgable and passionate about their team. Like the White Sox, they don't draw unless they're winning.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXintheBURGH
I've been around quite a many Phillies fans. They suck. However, they are knowledgable and passionate about their team. Like the White Sox, they don't draw unless they're winning.
The only difference I see between Philly fans and us is that we're less ****ed off all the time compared to them. Both of us are passionate and highly intelligent. The fans I can't the most are those fans that only like a team for the sake of hatin' another. At my school (In the Quad Cities), There are a TON of people who where Cub and Red Sox stuff. They're Cub fans I'll spare that part, but they only like Boston for the sake of hatin' the Yanks. Personally both the R. Sox and Yanks can **** themselves. The ones that blindly root for the Flubs and Wrong Sox I call "Bandwagoners". Just cuz they were the only two teams that never win, they get all the fans. But we should have no problem lockin' down a World Series title before the Flubs ever do. I got Sox friends so no need to send a rescue unit.
I know we're not supposed to believe in curses, but here's one I found from a couple years ago that makes a lot more sense than any stupid Billy Goat.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/031017.html
Old 02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible. KC gets like that too when they start winning.

I'll vouch for the Philly fans being knowledgeable. They know what they want from their team, and when they don't get it, well, they don't take it. I wish Sox fans could be more willing to take their team to task like that.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish
Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible. KC gets like that too when they start winning.

I'll vouch for the Philly fans being knowledgeable. They know what they want from their team, and when they don't get it, well, they don't take it. I wish Sox fans could be more willing to take their team to task like that.
So we should throw batteries at Magg$ when the Tigers come to the Cell this season?

Cubs and Phillies fans throw crap on the field to show their disgust. Let's not be as completely classless as them, Homefish.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Banned

Boston Red Cubs. From my experiences last season at the cell and through their celebrities, fans around the nation...most of these people are carbon copies of Cub fans with an added bonus- they are 10 times more arrogant.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
WSI High Priest

It's a toss up for me between the Yankees fans and Cub fans. Yankees fans jump on board with their all-or-nothing attitude, and Cubs fans jump on with their nothing-or-nothing attitude but are still really arrogant asses for some unknown reason. The fans on either end of the spectrum are the worst

Old 02-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram

Considering that a municipal court was installed under the Vet, I really don't know how any other team can compete with them. As previously mentioned, they threw batteries at JD Drew whenever he came to play, and Carl Everett said that along with the fans in Oakland, the fans are so bad they don't deserve a team. A woman was arrested during the final Phillies game at the Vet because she was wearing a toilet seat that she stole from the women's bathroom around her neck.