White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 06:21 AM
WSI Regular

Default Cubs Fans Rip us off on ebay.

Has Cubs Sox tickets he is selling for 125 each starting bid. I hate these people that buy tickets just to rip us off. He has 70 of them too. Here is the action number 6511412306. This upsets me allot. I hope he gets baned form Ebay for this. I hate scalpers.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:13 AM
WSI High Priest

From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), Illinois resident aren't able to legally sell their tickets for higher than face value. However, out of state residents can. I see that this guy didn't list his location (other than US), but since he has season cub tickets he most likely lives in state.

My question is: How in the heck did he get all of those seats? Seriously...from my understanding, the cub series was only available through the season ticket packages.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:28 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehose13
From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), Illinois resident aren't able to legally sell their tickets for higher than face value. However, out of state residents can. I see that this guy didn't list his location (other than US), but since he has season cub tickets he most likely lives in state.

My question is: How in the heck did he get all of those seats? Seriously...from my understanding, the cub series was only available through the season ticket packages.
The law doesn't apply to ticket brokers. (You think someone got paid off on that deal?) If someone got 70 tickets, it's got to be a broker. And, of course, we all know who the biggest ticket broker in Cubs tickets is, don't we?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
WSI High Priest

I have seen people get around scalping laws on ebay by packaging a near-worthless item with the tickets and stating that anything over the face value of the tickets is understood to be going toward the item. For example, I sell two tickets to a Cubs-Sox game, and include a 1991 Topps Donn Pall card. Every penny that I garner over the face value of the tickets is to be applied toward the Donn Pall card.

I don't know if they have put a stop to this, but I have seen it done quite a bit in the past. I bought four tickets for the Friday Cubs-Sox game in 2003, and the package came with a Greg Hibbard card.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:38 AM
WSI Regular

Default Qustion?

Do you think the White Sox now about this guy? He may of brought group tickets just to do this.