Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default video clip of Sox-Tigers brawl in 2000

Does anyone know where I can find a video clip of this online?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxRowand
I have been looking myself, cant find any.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxRowand
Now that would be something to get a hold of on video. I forgot all about that until now.
SOX
TV 32
Sponsored by MEISTER BRAU Beer
Old 02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
WSI Personality

Ranked #6 alltime in the basebrawl history by ESPN linky
I have been lookin for video on that for a long time.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
WSI Regular

I have the full game (missing 1 inning but no runs ) on DVD. Running Time 2:54
Look at my homepage at www.whitesox1.de
The quality is only VG but very watchable

I could weed this game to one of you with the possibility to make DVD copies.
I live in Berlin/Germany so it would be easier if one of you would copy the game for all of you guys with interest.

Dominik
Old 02-14-2005, 08:37 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox06
Ranked #6 alltime in the basebrawl history by ESPN linky
I have been lookin for video on that for a long time.
I read through that. There's an interesting quote at the end from Chris Osgood:

"But they stood up for themselves pretty good. It's a good way to build camaraderie."

Most definitely. We could have used that last year.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Banned

How hard would it be to get me the MPEG-2 file? I could trim down the game to just the brawl quite easily and I'll post the resulting clip (probably something like a WMV) in my webspace. PM me if this is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Sider
I have the full game (missing 1 inning but no runs ) on DVD. Running Time 2:54
Look at my homepage at www.whitesox1.de
The quality is only VG but very watchable

I could weed this game to one of you with the possibility to make DVD copies.
I live in Berlin/Germany so it would be easier if one of you would copy the game for all of you guys with interest.

Dominik
Old 02-14-2005, 02:35 PM
WSI High Priest

I was at Comiskey Park for that infamous basebrawl in 2000. The absolute worst baseball fight I've seen in my lifetime and I had the priviledge of being at the ballpark. What often gets forgotten is that the benches and bullpens cleared TWICE in that game and both fights were pretty brutal. Jeff Weaver came out of the clubhouse in a t shirt after being ejected the first time so he could get back in the fight. Maggs showed everyone his karate skills and I remember Frank and Paulie in the middle of the pack throwing people left and right. Robert Fick headed back to the bullpen after the first melee and gave everyone in the RF bleachers the middle finger and the fans immediately pelted him with peanuts and beer cups. Don't mess with South Siders Ficky boy!

I'll never forget Jim Parque's great quote after the 3 game sweep of the Tigers and the brawlgame. I'm paraphrasing here but this was essentially the quote:

"We beat them and we beat their asses, I can't wait until we go to Detroit so we can beat them again!"

Jim Parque turned out to be a profit as the Sox went on to take 2 out of 3 games in Detroit the following week with half the team serving a suspension. What a great team that 2000 club was. One of the funnest years I've had a Sox fan. We're about due for another great season like 2000, Sox fans. I hope '05 is the year for it.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You
I was at Comiskey Park for that infamous basebrawl in 2000. The absolute worst baseball fight I've seen in my lifetime and I had the priviledge of being at the ballpark. What often gets forgotten is that the benches and bullpens cleared TWICE in that game and both fights were pretty brutal. Jeff Weaver came out of the clubhouse in a t shirt after being ejected the first time so he could get back in the fight. Maggs showed everyone his karate skills and I remember Frank and Paulie in the middle of the pack throwing people left and right. Robert Fick headed back to the bullpen after the first melee and gave everyone in the RF bleachers the middle finger and the fans immediately pelted him with peanuts and beer cups. Don't mess with South Siders Ficky boy!

I'll never forget Jim Parque's great quote after the 3 game sweep of the Tigers and the brawlgame. I'm paraphrasing here but this was essentially the quote:

"We beat them and we beat their asses, I can't wait until we go to Detroit so we can beat them again!"

Jim Parque turned out to be a profit as the Sox went on to take 2 out of 3 games in Detroit the following week with half the team serving a suspension. What a great team that 2000 club was. One of the funnest years I've had a Sox fan. We're about due for another great season like 2000, Sox fans. I hope '05 is the year for it.
Im all for that...and while we're at it, how about seeing Iguchi and Takatsu double team Ordonez. We could watch our Japanese stars go Kung Fu on Ordonez...How great would that be???

And wiping the field with the Tigers wouldn't hurt either, I really dont like them...

However, if I had to pick one team to have a brawl with, it would definitely be Minnesota. Torii " I can only Play Defense" Hunter would get the crap kicked out of him by any of our pitchers...That would bring him down a few pegs.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
WSI Personality

That fight helped us win the division in 2000. Hopefully we can have one with the Twins this year.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/w...s/zachsig2.JPG WU! Production.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGarcia34
However, if I had to pick one team to have a brawl with, it would definitely be Minnesota. Torii " I can only Play Defense" Hunter would get the crap kicked out of him by any of our pitchers...That would bring him down a few pegs.
Amen brother! I've been waiting for the Sox to stand up to the chirping Twins. I thought we'd see a doozy between these two teams the past couple seasons but nothing ever happened. I think we could get one in '05 though. It seems to have been boiling for some time now and I think that Hunter play at the plate combined with Garcia plunking Hunter late in the season will provide a situation for tempers to flare sometime in '05. You throw a heated AL Central Pennant race in there and you have a recipe for a brawl. However, I hope it happens early in the season like it did for the '00 Sox. That way, if there are inevitable suspensions, you have time to recover and it could help your team jel as a group. You don't want to risk a division title down the stretch in September for a petty fight with Torii Hunter.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
WSI High Priest

That was the game were I "fell in Hate" with Robert Fick...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach074
That fight helped us win the division in 2000. Hopefully we can have one with the Twins this year.
I've always wanted to see Frank Thomas throw down with the Twins (or anyone for that matter). We've never really seen him get violent. It would be fantastic. So many questions, though:
Who would he go for first?
Would Torii Hunter set a world record in the high jump when by leaping over the outfield wall in terror?
Would the Big Hurt turn green and bust through his uniform?
Would his own teammates be safe?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned

I remember the suspensions handed out were ridiculously unfair to the Sox and less severe for the Tigers.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by akingamongstmen
I've always wanted to see Frank Thomas throw down with the Twins (or anyone for that matter). We've never really seen him get violent.
That is because Frank does not suffer from .