White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2005, 08:34 PM
WSI Personality

Default Complete B.S. from horse**** source regarding Nomar

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea...rciapar_1.html

Oh boy....
Old 02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
WSI Personality

"Nomar Garciaparra will be outed as a steroids user in Jose Canseco's book, a source told Boston Dirt Dogs.
Claims made my Canseco should hardly be taken as fact, but they are being treated as news. Here's one more name to add to the list. Feb. 10 - 9:04 pm et "

c/o Rotoworld
Old 02-10-2005, 09:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Yes! LOL. Just when the Flubs think they are out of all the steroid controversy with Sammy, then this comes in. Even if it is true or not it still creates a stir.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 PM
MMXXIII

Apparently no one bothered to read the whole sentence that ends, "Jose says Nomar Not on His Steroid List."

Whatever. Jose Canseco is clearly insane.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Wasn't Nomar somtin like 140 pounds heavy in college? It was close to it but can someone look that up?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23
Apparently no one bothered to read the whole sentence that ends, "Jose says Nomar Not on His Steroid List."

Whatever. Jose Canseco is clearly insane.
Boston Dirt Dogs must have changed their quote. It originally said that Nomar WAS named as a steroid user in Canseco's book.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
Boston Dirt Dogs must have changed their quote. It originally said that Nomar WAS named as a steroid user in Canseco's book.
Yeah, rotoworld has it as him being named as a steroid user also.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Has anyone heard of any White Sox players being named in Canseco's book? I haven't, and I think that speaks well of this team. Lying or not, it looks like Jose couldn't think of even one of his Sox teammates worthy of implicating in this mess.

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 02-10-2005, 11:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73
Has anyone heard of any White Sox players being named in Canseco's book? I haven't, and I think that speaks well of this team. Lying or not, it looks like Jose couldn't think of even one of his Sox teammates worthy of implicating in this mess.
We know of two ex-Sox that used steroids. One was obviously Jose Canseco. The other was Marvin Benard but he was cut before the start of last season...

http://baseballposse.us/benard.html
Quote:
Postscript: The Giants released Marvin Benard after the 2003 season. He had latched on with the Chicago White Sox, but was released by them in March. The White Sox claim he was cut due to a leg injury, but a more ominous theory is making the rounds. Sadly, his name has been associated with the steroid controversy. It is uncertain at this point when or whether we will seen this personable young man on a baseball field again.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:09 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73
I'm sure there are very isolated incidents of our Sox using the 'roids. Canseco, Benard, and IIRC Armando Rios. The reason I believe our Sox are innocent as a whole is because they wanted to walk out of Spring Training a couple years back in protest of the lenient steriod testing policy. I'm quite sure all the notable figures on the White Sox are free and clear of 'roid charges

Old 02-11-2005, 07:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

I would love to see the Sox continue to set the example in MLB by saying they do not believe the league steroid policy is strong enough and are therefore instituting its own policy. Would that fly in the face of collective bargaining or is each team allowed to institute its own code of conduct?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34 Inch Stick
I would love to see the Sox continue to set the example in MLB by saying they do not believe the league steroid policy is strong enough and are therefore instituting its own policy. Would that fly in the face of collective bargaining or is each team allowed to institute its own code of conduct?
The MLBPA would have a stroke. It's a collective bargaining issue, and there's no way they could allow one team to do something different.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
WSI Guru

As a side note, I thought I read in the paper this morning that Nomar is innocent according to a Canseco representative. I guess Nomar is named in the book, but not in reference to steroids.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 02-11-2005, 12:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Everyone should take a step back and wait to see what actually gets published before throwing names and accusations around.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
Everyone should take a step back and wait to see what actually gets published before throwing names and accusations around.
I agree. I'm going to consult with "you know who" before I say anything about Nomar being involved in this mess.