White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

Default So this Cub fan gave a speech in class today...

Oh man, it was like something directly out of the Tribune. He was talking about how great it is to be a Cubs fan because they have the greatest fans in the world, the greatest ballpark in the world, and everybody loves the Cubs. He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions. Yes, his speech was on what it's like to be a Cubs fan, but still, the stuff he said made me want to vomit.

So after his speech, needless to say I was livid. Not only me, but several other people in the class were very upset. I asked the teacher if I may state my rebuttal. This wasn't a debate thing, I was just pissed. lol

My instructor, also a Sox fan, said I could rebutt? (don't know the proper word, we'll just say retaliate ) in the hall after class. She was obviously joking, but oh man I wanted to punch this little guy out. I was so pissed.

That is SF76's Random Thoughts for the day.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

So how quick did he go down??

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Banned

I hit him so hard with my left, he was beggin for my right. No, I didn't do anything. lol
Old 02-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Banned

This guy got up in front of a college class and talked about how great it was to be a Cubs' fan? What kind of speech is that? Was the next speech about how much the person loved their dog?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
This guy got up in front of a college class and talked about how great it was to be a Cubs' fan? What kind of speech is that? Was the next speech about how much the person loved their dog?
When I first read the post, I thought he may have been talking about a HS freshman speech class...then I checked 76's profile. Your classmate has some issues. BTW...good for you for not kicking his butt. It's not nice to beat up mental midgets.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Ask him if he even knows about his Cubs' great offseason moves:

Cubs lose:
Moises Alou
Matt Clement
Kyle Farnsworth
Kent Mercker
Sammy Sosa

Cubs get:
Henry Blanco
Jeromy Burnitz
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Roberto Novoa
Stephen Randolph

I doubt he even knows about his favorite team's offseason moves but if he did he surely wouldn't be happy.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

Jeez, I thought about it for a second and thought you were describing a 4th grade class, but I remember from the chat that you go to NIU. How can that kind of dribble count as a SPEECH? Was the class called Tribune Writing 101 or something? Speaking of sCrUB trolls, someone must've gotten my AIM name from viewing this board and he harassed me on AIM about Kerry Wood and Mark Prior being better than Buehrle and Garcia. Of course, he never responded after I said that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood had only 13 more innings pitched combined than Mark Buehrle himself had in 2004. I love Cub fans, they give me something to do in my boring life.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Jeez, I thought about it for a second and thought you were describing a 4th grade class, but I remember from the chat that you go to NIU. How can that kind of dribble count as a SPEECH? Was the class called Tribune Writing 101 or something? Speaking of sCrUB trolls, someone must've gotten my AIM name from viewing this board and he harassed me on AIM about Kerry Wood and Mark Prior being better than Buehrle and Garcia. Of course, he never responded after I said that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood had only 13 more innings pitched combined than Mark Buehrle himself had in 2004. I love Cub fans, they give me something to do in my boring life.
Ohh believe me, we have plenty of idiot Cub fans here at NIU. Lots of jackasses too. I had my White sox plate frame broken off my car right after the Cubs were officially eliminated from playoff contention this past season.
I dont know what to say to these morons anymore, I just find the ebst way to get them is to rattle off multiple Cub facts that none of them seem to know. You know quiz them. It seems to work decent. rarely will you find a fan that can name the whole pitching staff or most of the lineup.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:03 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
Nah, the next speech was how much a person likes to beat their........dog!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan76
He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions.
I wonder why he felt that point had anything whatsoever to do with his being a Cub fan. Hopefully the teacher caught the idiocy of this and held it against him when it came time to grade the guy's speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseCanseco6969
I just find the ebst way to get them is to rattle off multiple Cub facts that none of them seem to know. You know quiz them. It seems to work decent. rarely will you find a fan that can name the whole pitching staff or most of the lineup.
Or ask something innocent like "Who played LF before they got Moises Alou?" Bet ya anything you'll just get a blank stare.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Oh man, it was like something directly out of the Tribune. He was talking about how great it is to be a Cubs fan because they have the greatest fans in the world, the greatest ballpark in the world, and everybody loves the Cubs. He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions. Yes, his speech was on what it's like to be a Cubs fan, but still, the stuff he said made me want to vomit.

So after his speech, needless to say I was livid. Not only me, but several other people in the class were very upset. I asked the teacher if I may state my rebuttal. This wasn't a debate thing, I was just pissed. lol

My instructor, also a Sox fan, said I could rebutt? (don't know the proper word, we'll just say retaliate ) in the hall after class. She was obviously joking, but oh man I wanted to punch this little guy out. I was so pissed.

Wow. Maybe it's just me, but I remember when one was giving a speech in class at the college level, it sure as hell had to be about serious issues. You know, important things in the world like wars, budget deficits, nuclear proliferation, separation of church and state, the effectiveness of the nation-building by the UN, the euro vs. the dollar, media consolidation, etc. All what can be considered worthy of a speech at an institution of higher learning.

Now...Let me get this straight...This numbskull wrote a speech, to be presented in front of a class of his peers, at the University of Northern Illinois, about why it is great to be a fan of a sports team. You've got to be ******* me. If I'm the professor, just on the subject alone I fail this moron.

Well, I'm not going to waste any more time analyzing the stupefying acts of that idiot. Look at it this way, this guy is just more proof of the "dumbing down" of America's youth.

Have a nice day.

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

If this moron was in my class, I would have just gotten out of my seat and walk out of class for a few minutes.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

If I was the professor, I wouldn't have even approved his topic.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:29 PM
WSI High Priest

In college I had to give three speeches, in my speech class.

One was on Why we should kill all the Cows on the planet, the second on was why you should consume as much alcohol as you can each day and the health benefits of doing such (I left out the many draw backs), and why College was unnecessary (Using Bill Gates and the Virgin C.E.O as examples).

I don't know why some one would right a speech on such a ridiculous topic such as how great the Cubs are?!?!?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:29 PM
WSI Regular

WAS THIS THE KID WHO GAVE THE SPEECH