White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2005, 10:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default reason number 12387843 that cub fans dont care about Sox fans

the company I work for sells those rubber bracelets that a lot of you may be seeing around lately, especially in the chicago area, the "tsunami relief" bracelets. Well today we got an order from a Cub fan, I'm assuming he's a vendor outside the game, for 500 bracelets that say "Sox Suck" in cub blue. If cub fans didnt care about the Sox, why would they buy such things?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think my sig says it all. Cub fans don't give a crap about the White Sox, but they'll buy and wear those stupid things just to piss us off. The sad thing is that bracelets of that type are usually meant to signify a donation to a charity of some sort. Jerks.

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73
I think my sig says it all. Cub fans don't give a crap about the White Sox, but they'll buy and wear those stupid things just to piss us off. The sad thing is that bracelets of that type are usually meant to signify a donation to a charity of some sort. Jerks.
I think the charity in this case is the guys wallet. Most other ones we sell you can tell are going to a charity or to help pay for stuff for schools, but I think this guy is selling them to make money
Old 02-09-2005, 11:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearso66
the company I work for sells those rubber bracelets that a lot of you may be seeing around lately, especially in the chicago area, the "tsunami relief" bracelets. Well today we got an order from a Cub fan, I'm assuming he's a vendor outside the game, for 500 bracelets that say "Sox Suck" in cub blue. If cub fans didnt care about the Sox, why would they buy such things?
It's so funny that you write this today. Why? Because earlier my brother-in-law who's a Cubbie fan called me to ask why it is that ONLY Sox fans talk trash? He's got selective amnesia as he's the one who loves to issue the put-downs of Sox fans. He's the one who was calling me after ever Cubbie win in their '03 post-season. The old poke you in the eye and when you respond it's you've got the problem routine.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 02-10-2005, 06:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
It's so funny that you write this today. Why? Because earlier my brother-in-law who's a Cubbie fan called me to ask why it is that ONLY Sox fans talk trash?
Yeah I know a Cub fan who hates all Sox fans because he thinks they are are inbred white trash who wear CUBS SUCK and CHOKE! T-shirts to Sox games, regardless of whether the Cubs are there are not. But when I got a picture of a Cub fan at Wrigley Field wearing his SOX SUX shirt, I emailed it to him a bunch of times. I guess he couldn't believe the greatest fans in the world would stoop so low as to bash the Sox.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:33 AM
WSI Regular

Aren't all cub fans 'charity cases'?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
"White Sox fans hate the Cubs. Cubs fans hate White Sox fans." -- Jerry Reinsdorf on Chicago Tonight, 4/30/04
Actually, I hate Cubs fans far more than I hate the Cubs. I find it hard to hate any team as such for very long (except the Yankees) - the players change so much as to make such hatred meaningless.

Cubs fans, OTOH, have always been idiots, and are becoming moreso with each passing year. They're the reason I'm anti-Cubs.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweflen

Actually, I hate Cubs fans far more than I hate the Cubs. I find it hard to hate any team as such for very long (except the Yankees) - the players change so much as to make such hatred meaningless.

Cubs fans, OTOH, have always been idiots, and are becoming moreso with each passing year. They're the reason I'm anti-Cubs.
My dad says the same thing on a daily basis.. "I don't necessarily have any problem with their team.. but I really hate the fans of that team."
Old 02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckn98229
Aren't all cub fans 'charity cases'?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXintheBURGH
My dad says the same thing on a daily basis.. "I don't necessarily have any problem with their team.. but I really hate the fans of that team."
To expand on what your father said, my dad has stated this for as long as I can remember, "some fans are lovable, but all Cub fans are losers."

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearso66
It's simple. Because they do care about the Sox. And it's the biggest, most pathetic and transparent lie when any of the choads claims otherwise.

Just another one of their cubbie defense dirges (like loyalty and ballpark attendance) that's intended to take us down, but only makes me chuckle because I know just how lame it is.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned

"White Sox fans hate the Cubs. Cubs fans hate White Sox fans." -- Jerry Reinsdorf on Chicago Tonight, 4/30/04

I don't really think that is true. I hate Cub fans way more then I hate the team. I never really hated the Cubs all that much until 2003. Before that year they were just a terrible team and I was content with the fact that the Sox were better. Cub fans seem to get dumber and dumber with each passing minute, and with the way they talk about their team you'd think the Cubs have won 30 World Series. I especially hate that "holier than thou" attitude. They think they are better people than us because of the team they root for. How lame. I also REALLY hate when Cub fans think we care more about the Cubs losing than the Sox winning , But yeah, they're right, I would SO much rather see the Cubs lose one game to the Cardinals than see the Sox win the World Series because I hate the Cubs SO much. Why do I want the Cubs to lose? Because when they do, I can throw it into Cub fans faces. If there were no Cub fans, then I would have no reason to hate the Cubs.