White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2005, 06:17 PM
WSI Regular

Default Ancient news... and probably not true either.

I don't know if any of you guys have heard about this already, but my uncle was telling me the other day about this story. Pierzynski was in batting practice and a foul ball hit him straight in the groin. His trainer ran up to him to see if he was ok and asked him how it hurt. Pierzynski then grabbed the trainer and kneed him straight in the groin saying "That's how it hurts". Wow is this guy a psycho or something? Anyways I hope he doesn't act this insane in our dugout.

WRONG
Old 02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned

Have you ever been hit in the balls? It hurts. I think it's pretty funny that AJ did that though, no matter how wrong it may be.

Someone posted this story a few weeks ago.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Post Hilarious

Heres the story:
'One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt that it happened." ...'
Old 02-08-2005, 08:04 AM
WSI Prelate

As much as that is a pathetic, mean-spirited thing to do, I can see how it could happen. It is not right, but it is understandable, especially for someone with a mean streak like A.J. If I got hit in the groin with a blazing baseball, I'd be pretty volatile if someone asked me how it felt, even if they had the best intentions.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,3750490.story
Not surprisingly, the tribune printed this last Thursday, several weeks after it appeared at WSI, and claiming it to be fact. The story is full of holes (Half a dozen eyewitnesses? At a Baseball game?), but as usual, the trib never lets the truth get in the way of a good Sox-bashing story.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,3750490.story
Not surprisingly, the tribune printed this last Thursday, several weeks after it appeared at WSI, and claiming it to be fact. The story is full of holes (Half a dozen eyewitnesses? At a Baseball game?), but as usual, the trib never lets the truth get in the way of a good Sox-bashing story.
Half a dozen UNNAMED witnesses. Those are always the best kind. Here's the clincher:

Quote:
The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse.
Sure. Who was on the field playing if the players were in the clubhouse giving interviews?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned

to everyone that took/takes this seriously ... i heard hitler is still alive. spread the word.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

Eh, I don't have a temper, and I hate when people ask me how I am after choking or getting hurt in some way, as if their words will help me to feel better, depending on who it is, I may flip out at them Hard to explain, just I'm trying to focus on getting whatever is stuck on my throat out (choking) or making sure body parts still work (I dunno falling during basketball or something) and hate while other people come running with "Are you okay?!?!"

Hmmm, a guy whose last name was Conte was the SF trainer...