White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
WSI Regular

Default Who is your most hated Cubs player?

Who would you say is the player you hate the most on the Cubs. I would definitely say Zambrano. That guy thinks he is a god. I can't stand every five seconds him grabbing his package, that is the most annoying thing, besides his "I'm so young but the best pitcher attitude." He's way too young to think these things and act like a moron.

Last edited by DrGiggles; 02-06-2005 at 10:02 AM. Reason: wanted to change from pitcher to player in title
Old 02-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Banned

I hate Zambrano for the same reasons everyone else does.

Carrie Woods - I don't hate him, because he never did anything personally to piss me off, I just hate the attention he gets that has evolved him into the most overrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:21 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXintheBURGH
I hate Zambrano for the same reasons everyone else does.

Carrie Woods - I don't hate him, because he never did anything personally to piss me off, I just hate the attention he gets that has evolved him into the most overrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.
He must not have got that much attention,otherwise you would be calling him Kerry Wood.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
WSI Prelate

All of them.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:36 AM
WSI High Priest

I don't wish any of them well, but I have to say I hate Zambrano and Hawkins the most

Old 02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Banned

Wood and Patterson. I'm sick of hearing about their ****ing potential. Give me results over potential.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGiggles
Who would you say is the player you hate the most on the Cubs. I would definitely say Zambrano. That guy thinks he is a god. I can't stand every five seconds him grabbing his package, that is the most annoying thing, besides his "I'm so young but the best pitcher attitude." He's way too young to think these things and act like a moron.
You should make this a poll.
I'd say Zambrano
Old 02-06-2005, 12:36 PM
WSI High Priest

I'd say Farnsworth, but he's been so bad that I like it when he pitches.

Perhaps Zambrano then.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 PM
WSI Personality

Zambrano and Hawkins, both those guys are punks. Nomar has always been a chump. I will say that their hate-ability level has dropped severly with losing Moist Hands and Sam-ME. I'd probably go with Zambrano, that guy makes CC Sabathia look like a well adjusted human being.

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Hate is a little strong, but Kerry Woulda epitomizes the all-hype-and-very-little-substance that has become Cubs baseball. Of course, Sosa could retire the trophy for this, but he's gone.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

I keep hoping for a full season from Prior and Woods, without injuries, and their record is something like 3-12 each. That would expose the all-hype-and-no-substance thing once and for all!
Old 02-06-2005, 02:54 PM
WSI High Priest

My most hated is now Mark Prior, now that Sam the Sham has left town. The guy is good, but he is so damn arrogant and annoying. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Honorable mention goes to Zambrano and Wood. Zambrano's busch league on mound antics are explanation enough about why that guy is abrasive. I put Wood on the list, not because of the person, but because there is this perception that he is somehow an elite pitcher in MLB. He is a slightly above average pitcher. Nothing more. He is Kenny Rogers with a fastball. Yet the coverage and reputation he has is of someone far greater like Roger Clemens or Randy Johnson. That alone makes him unlikeable.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 02-06-2005, 03:07 PM
WSI Personality

The whole bloody pitching staff!
Old 02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
WSI Regular

A better way to look at this maybe? Who on this team could you actually like , Derek Lee, Todd Walker? Aramis Ramirez has all the potential to be the next Sosa, complete with kissblowing and inflated ego. Still, to waste time on all this negativity seems somewhat counter productive. The real payback comes in May or June when they realize they haven't replaced Alous' and Sosas' offensive #'s. And Cubdumb can't figure out why they're losing games 5 to 4 and 7 to 6. Most Cub fans I know are a little nervous about this. I just shrug my shoulders kind of innocently and say "yeah that could be a problem" and then walk away with laughing to myself.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Banned

The only Cub I've liked, or probably ever will like, was Mark Grace.

Well I guess I like DJ too. He played for the Cubs.