White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2005, 02:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Keep Cub fans out of the Cell!

A friend of mine recently got his 27-game split season package. When I commented that $750 was a little steep for me, he said he planned on selling the tickets for a few of the premium games, like the Yankees and Cubs, to make some of the money back. He then mentioned that he knew a few Cub fans who were willing to pay top dollar (as much as $250 per) for those seats.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when the Sox and Cubs played at the Cell last season, it seemed like we were getting too many boos, and they were getting way too many cheers. I begged him not to sell those tix to any Cubs fans, but his response was, "Hey man, money talks."

Financially, I am in no position to take the tickets off his hands, but I still say "Not in our house!" Any thoughts?

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 02-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73
A friend of mine recently got his 27-game split season package. When I commented that $750 was a little steep for me, he said he planned on selling the tickets for a few of the premium games, like the Yankees and Cubs, to make some of the money back. He then mentioned that he knew a few Cub fans who were willing to pay top dollar (as much as $250 per) for those seats.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when the Sox and Cubs played at the Cell last season, it seemed like we were getting too many boos, and they were getting way too many cheers. I begged him not to sell those tix to any Cubs fans, but his response was, "Hey man, money talks."

Financially, I am in no position to take the tickets off his hands, but I still say "Not in our house!" Any thoughts?

Im sorry but hes right, money talks. If cubs fans have so much liquid money on there hands that they feel the need to overpay way too much to come to our park then fine. This proves the stupidity of cubs fans, if your going to overpay that much why not overpay to get tickets to your own stadium. If they have so much money to spend then they will buy all sorts of stuff at the Cell, food, beer, souveneirs, not to mention put more cash in the hands of sox fans; which in turn most likely gets spent on more sox tickets and sox stuff. See man its all relative.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeSox

Im sorry but hes right, money talks. If cubs fans have so much liquid money on there hands that they feel the need to overpay way too much to come to our park then fine. This proves the stupidity of cubs fans, if your going to overpay that much why not overpay to get tickets to your own stadium. If they have so much money to spend then they will buy all sorts of stuff at the Cell, food, beer, souveneirs, not to mention put more cash in the hands of sox fans; which in turn most likely gets spent on more sox tickets and sox stuff. See man its all relative.
he's got a point sox addict..

Proud to be a WSIer
Old 02-06-2005, 03:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Good points, all. I guess it just burned me so much when Sosa took Loaiza deep TWICE, and those bums cheered like they were at The Shrine.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 AM
WSI Church Elder

I understand about the money talks thing, but when I went to the Alabama/Aurburn game (HUGE rivalry for those of you who don't follow SEC football) in Tuscaloosa (where the University of Alabama is) there were extra tix that we had. We turned down a few offers to Aurburn fans just to sell them to Bama fans at face value. I'm just sayin'.

"I've thought about opening a bottle of champagne and pouring it on my teammates' heads. I don't care about my stats, just as long as we win. That gets us closer to my goal." C. Politte
Old 02-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbiesuck13
I understand about the money talks thing, but when I went to the Alabama/Aurburn game (HUGE rivalry for those of you who don't follow SEC football) in Tuscaloosa (where the University of Alabama is) there were extra tix that we had. We turned down a few offers to Aurburn fans just to sell them to Bama fans at face value. I'm just sayin'.
"The Iron Bowl.." one of the best rivalries in college football all together IMHO. Would love to go to one.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:49 AM
WSI High Priest

My brother and I went to this year's Bears-Vikings game, and we set a price on what we sell our tickets for to Viking fans. Money talks. If someone is too stupid and want to pony up for tickets that badly, they can buy mine. Money runs the world.
________
Airflow
Old 02-06-2005, 11:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Just imagine Cubs fans paying $250 dollars per ticket and then watching the White Sox clean house. It makes it a lot easier to stomach.

And my thought is...if his sending two Cubs fans to the game during that series allows him to attend 26 other games, then I'm all for it. Think of it as a net 25 more Sox fans than 1 more Cub fan, you know?

And am I the only one who doesn't kind of enjoy all the Cubs fans at the Cell during those games? The(in general, but not always) good natured banter between the fans is fun sometimes. And a White Sox winner is so especially sweet that I'm still savoring Valentin's walk-off home run on June 27th, 2003. Good times.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDSR
Just imagine Cubs fans paying $250 dollars per ticket and then watching the White Sox clean house. It makes it a lot easier to stomach.

And my thought is...if his sending two Cubs fans to the game during that series allows him to attend 26 other games, then I'm all for it. Think of it as a net 25 more Sox fans than 1 more Cub fan, you know?

And am I the only one who doesn't kind of enjoy all the Cubs fans at the Cell during those games? The(in general, but not always) good natured banter between the fans is fun sometimes. And a White Sox winner is so especially sweet that I'm still savoring Valentin's walk-off home run on June 27th, 2003. Good times.
Thanks, everyone! This has been therapeutic. You guys have a great way of putting things in perspective. It also occurs to me that every Cubs fan who visits the Cell is another Cubs fan who realizes how much their park sucks compared to ours. I'll have to learn to cover my ears when they cheer for Samm...uh...Mois...er...wait, who the hell plays for them anymore?
Old 02-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned

meanwhile 90 miles to the north of Chicago, the Brewers have sign out WELCOME CUBS FANS

For the first time, the Milwaukee Brewers are introducing variable pricing for some of their home games this season, and the price hit will be largely borne by those who yearn to watch the Chicago Cubs.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/feb05/299207.asp
Old 02-06-2005, 03:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Good points, all. I guess it just burned me so much when Sosa took Loaiza deep TWICE, and those bums cheered like they were at The Shrine.
I was at that game. I didn't mind those cheers at all. Perhaps it was because the Sox demolished Maddux and won the game.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 02-06-2005, 04:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Maybe they're willing to put up big bucks for tickets at the Cell because it's a chance to watch a game in a nice stadium instead of the urinal.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:15 PM
WSI High Priest

I don't like seeing Cubs fans period, let alone at the Cell. However, when you really sit and think about how much cash these dopes are dropping (tickets, parking, beer, food, etc) and you think about how many of them show up at the Cell not only for the crosstown classic but for other games especially when the Cubs are on the road, you can't help but actually laugh at the irony that Cub fan money helps the Sox sign quality players and become a better product. They are inadvertently fueling the success of another team. (And the look on their faces when you remind them of this is truly priceless! )
Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk
I don't like seeing Cubs fans period, let alone at the Cell. However, when you really sit and think about how much cash these dopes are dropping (tickets, parking, beer, food, etc) and you think about how many of them show up at the Cell not only for the crosstown classic but for other games especially when the Cubs are on the road, you can't help but actually laugh at the irony that Cub fan money helps the Sox sign quality players and become a better product. They are inadvertently fueling the success of another team. (And the look on their faces when you remind them of this is truly priceless! )
You're right, those guys DO know how to shell out the money heh heh!

So in my opinion, the only downside to all this is when Cub fans point out that almost the only times the Cell is sold out, is when the Cubs are there. I hear that entirely too often from annoying Cub fans.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

IF you guys like seeing sCrUBBIE fans pay mind blowing prices, there is another great way to do it. When their tix go on sale, just buy up the game like Boston or the White Sox. Then turn around and sell those tix, and you can still go to the Cell and not be concerned about the money spent, instead the money earned.

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.