White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2005, 02:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Funny Cubs joke I heard last night...

I went to Zanie's comedy club in Vernon Hills last night with the girlfriend and a few friends. My first time and it was a pretty entertaining night, I'd recommend it (especially February 18th and 19th when Pablo Francisco will be headlining!). The headliner last night was Larry Reeb aka Uncle Lar (I didn't know who he was, apparently on HBO a lot?). He was a pretty funny guy and made me a fan when he said the following line;

"The Cubs traded Sammy Sosa... yeh, but see, I don't get it... the Cubs without Sammy Sosa are like a hooker without teeth... they'll still suck!"

I gave him the loudest ovation in the crowd for that one and I was surprised to hear half the room also applauding and laughing at that joke REAL loud. Of course the other half were bitter and not so entertained by it and I think I even saw some . Could Uncle Lar be a White Sox fan? If he is, add that to your list of famous White Sox fans.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxFan84
I went to Zanie's comedy club in Vernon Hills last night with the girlfriend and a few friends. My first time and it was a pretty entertaining night, I'd recommend it (especially February 18th and 19th when Pablo Francisco will be headlining!). The headliner last night was Larry Reeb aka Uncle Lar (I didn't know who he was, apparently on HBO a lot?). He was a pretty funny guy and made me a fan when he said the following line;

"The Cubs traded Sammy Sosa... yeh, but see, I don't get it... the Cubs without Sammy Sosa are like a hooker without teeth... they'll still suck!"

I gave him the loudest ovation in the crowd for that one and I was surprised to hear half the room also applauding and laughing at that joke REAL loud. Of course the other half were bitter and not so entertained by it and I think I even saw some . Could Uncle Lar be a White Sox fan? If he is, add that to your list of famous White Sox fans.
Ha. That's awesome. Keep em comin, Lar.