White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2005, 07:06 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Sun Times Columnist Lovefest

Almost threw my coffee cup against the kitchen wall - 2 pages of "snippets" of sports writers "reminiscing" about when Sammy was Sammy - and I woke my wife up when I said out loud, "NO ONE mentions the great Sam-ME beating his wife with a rum bottle?"

The guy didn't die - HE GOT TRADED. GET OVER IT.

I can't wait to watch him whiff his way to lead the Orioles in strikeouts.

"Whose car are we gonna take?"
Old 02-04-2005, 10:28 AM
WSI Personality

I haven't read the article, but I'm willing to bet that there's no mention of the corked bat story or the possibility of steroid use.

He never answered how he can't tell the difference between a corked bat and a regular one. I can tell and I'm not a professional ballplayer.

What always killed me about this was a few months after getting caught, he made one of those MLB ads. The "this is how we play baseball in my country" type ads, so they cheat in the Dominican, do they?

He also never explained his growth spurt. You gained 40 lbs. of muscle just by diet and exercise did you?

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

I wonder if we'll see this drool-fest when Frank Thomas retires or leaves town.

The media was just pushing Sosa out the door a couple weeks ago, and now its like their best friend moved away.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

What a joke. He was the villian of the year a week or two ago, and now all of a sudden, it's Sammy we'll miss you, we love you. Ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
WSI Regular

My memories of Scammy

It was a dreary evening in 2003 and the Flubs were playing the hated Devil Rays. Sammy hit a broken bat grounder to second or shortstop, who really cares, I wasn't actually watching, and upon inspection, the umpire finds something unusual with the bat. CORK!!! Scammy is thrown out of the game and suspended for his "accident"

First game of the year betweent he Sox and Scrubs and The Urinal. High fly ball hit deep to right field, Sammy getting under it, AND HE LOST IT IN THE SUN!!! HAhahahahaha. I was at that game with one of my best friends and we laughed for a good 5 minutes mocking the error.

The 7 out of 8 at bats against the Sox that ended in a K back in the 2000 season. I think he ended the series at 1 for 13 or some horrible stat. Meanwhile, the Sox take two out of three, then go 7-0 on a road trip against cleveland and new york.

The sneeze injury made me laugh. Nothing like coming up with some lame injury to hurry and cover the use of steriods.

Thanks for the memories Scammy. You'll be missed.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:53 PM
WSI Guru

Feel free to e-mail the Sun-Times and point out their omissions.

Lip