White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Banned

Default Anybody watching this crap?!?

Anyone watching the press conference with Sosa? These people are embracing him like he's the second coming of Christ.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike
Anyone watching the press conference with Sosa? These people are embracing him like he's the second coming of Christ.
Christ was black, wasn't he?

(Edit: Not at all meant to imply that black people mistunderstand Christ. Was a reference to Christ being portrayed in Western art as a brown-haired, blue-eyed German, not a darker-haired, brown-eyed Hebrew)
Old 02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Banned

"I... I mean "we"

This is all he is saying.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike

"I... I mean "we"

This is all he is saying.
Hilarious. I heard it. "I... ummm, I mean we..."

A reporter asked him if a player on the Cubs owed him a boom-box but he said he already had a new one in Baltimore.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
WSI Regular

i saw the press conference and was hoping someone started a thread that was a joke baltimore has no idea what they have gotten by the end of the conference camden yards was "HIS HOUSE" and it was typical sammy not answering any questions about why he left the clubhouse "i just happy to be here"
Old 02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Banned

Baltimore isn't going to be any better than they were last year. They have NO pitching, and they're in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. One will win the divison and one will win the wild card. Its not really fare but thats how it is and its going to be like that until one of those two teams somehow goes downhill and as of now, it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:33 PM
WSI High Priest

I was listening to it on the radio driving home. I laughed so hard I'm lucky not to have run into a bridge. He's going to work hard to win the fans. Not the game - the fans. Classic. I couldn't quite make out Rome's question, but Silvy and Carmen were gagging on it. Did anybody get it?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Everybody's All-American

I listened to it on the radio. I just love that, even though they have Palmeiro, former AL MVP Miguel Tejada, and Javy Lopez, Cambden Yards is his new house. And never mindhe didn't say how his team was gonna compete, or the challenge to beat the Yankees and the Red Sox. He's gonna 'win the crowd'. And did anyone see or hear the question that Jim Rose asked? The one Sammy said was a smart question? Rose kissed his ass. Plain and simple. It was pathetic. So is Sosa. I can't wait to boo him when he comes to the Cell.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
I was listening to it on the radio driving home. I laughed so hard I'm lucky not to have run into a bridge. He's going to work hard to win the fans. Not the game - the fans. Classic. I couldn't quite make out Rome's question, but Silvy and Carmen were gagging on it. Did anybody get it?
I was listening to that broadcast as well. He basically said that Sammy should be pissed that he had his 60 hr's, he brought fans back to the game, yet had disparaging things said about him, by his manager no less. Hey Jim, you no longer have to kiss Sammy's ass. He's gone. Silvy was saying he did tht when Jordan was here as well. I think I liked listening to Silvy and Carmen more tham MJ&H.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Parking Lot Attendant

Did he really say Camden is his house? I'm guessing Miguel Tejada isn't going to be too happy about that, though Tejada is much more professional than Sham-ME can ever hope to be, so he probably won't make an issue out of it. It IS Tejada's team though and Sham-ME is going to have to learn that.

On another note, did anyone listen to Jeromy Burnitz on Carmen and Silvy? Wow. It's just interesting to listen to the differences between the two new Cubs. Jerry Hairston Jr. is just a great interview. He's a good guy and a joy to listen to. Burnitz on the other hand....well, he sounded like he just got done lighting up. Burnitz.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829
Did he really say Camden is his house? I'm guessing Miguel Tejada isn't going to be too happy about that, though Tejada is much more professional than Sham-ME can ever hope to be, so he probably won't make an issue out of it. It IS Tejada's team though and Sham-ME is going to have to learn that.

On another note, did anyone listen to Jeromy Burnitz on Carmen and Silvy? Wow. It's just interesting to listen to the differences between the two new Cubs. Jerry Hairston Jr. is just a great interview. He's a good guy and a joy to listen to. Burnitz on the other hand....well, he sounded like he just got done lighting up. Burnitz
Yes, he said it was his new home, and it's his new house. As far as Burnitz, all the time he ws speaking, I was expecting to hear someone in the background saying 'puff puff give!'.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
WSI Prelate

Fearless Prediction #5203: Frank Thomas, in spite missing time due to injury, will hit more home runs in 2005 than Sammy Sosa.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:22 PM
WSI Prelate

I can't wait to see this piece of **** screw up. Boy, is that going to be something.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
I was listening to that broadcast as well. He basically said that Sammy should be pissed that he had his 60 hr's, he brought fans back to the game, yet had disparaging things said about him, by his manager no less. Hey Jim, you no longer have to kiss Sammy's ass. He's gone. Silvy was saying he did tht when Jordan was here as well. I think I liked listening to Silvy and Carmen more tham MJ&H.
Even better was when the sheep started calling in with their predictions. "I think Sammy's going to rebound big-time and hit 50 or more HR."

He'll neve see the north side of 35.

What do you think? Do we need a pool on when the O's fans start booing?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
Even better was when the sheep started calling in with their predictions. "I think Sammy's going to rebound big-time and hit 50 or more HR."

He'll neve see the north side of 35.

What do you think? Do we need a pool on when the O's fans start booing?
I think the best part of the press conference was when he was asked if he owed Cub fans an apology, and he said they still love him. I almost laughed myself into a car accident! And he's not sorry for anything he's done. What a tool. Typical Sammy. He won't talk about the negatives, he's gonna win the crowd. I can't wait until he's not voted a starter in this years' All-Star game.