White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Stone tells it likes it is

On ESPN talking about Sammy, how the tape of him leaving never would've gotten out if Sosa was still hitting. Sammy was set-up to be the bad guy a little perhaps.

I wonder if Stone will stay be on ESPN more, as suggested by others. I love how he tells it like it is, that was a pretty taboo thing to say imo.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by balke
I love how he tells it like it is, that was a pretty taboo thing to say imo.
I'm not sure how taboo it is anymore. (especially with him no longer employed by the Tribune Company) They threw Sosa under the bus on purpose. While Stoney is great and he does a good job at telling it the way it is, he didn't say anything that wasn't said already.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:58 PM
WSI Prelate

I'm glad Stone is telling the truth about all of this. The Cubune has been trying to lie about it for months on end, making it seem as though they have never gone out of their way to defend Sosa in the past. The Cubs organization is nothing more than a collection of lying turds, starting at the top with the morons who tried to cover up the fact that the Urinal was falling apart last summer.

Does Stone have any plans to write a book in the future? I would love to read what he has to say about his time with the Cubs. For that matter, I'm still waiting to see if Mark Grace ever has a biography written. Anything that makes the Cubs organization look like the steaming pile of **** that it is works for me.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane
I'm glad Stone is telling the truth about all of this. The Cubune has been trying to lie about it for months on end, making it seem as though they have never gone out of their way to defend Sosa in the past. The Cubs organization is nothing more than a collection of lying turds, starting at the top with the morons who tried to cover up the fact that the Urinal was falling apart last summer.

Does Stone have any plans to write a book in the future? I would love to read what he has to say about his time with the Cubs. For that matter, I'm still waiting to see if Mark Grace ever has a biography written. Anything that makes the Cubs organization look like the steaming pile of **** that it is works for me.
Yes the Cubune lies, but on Stoney and the Flubs, EVERYONE WAS WRONG! Stone did not have problems (that we know about) with the Cubs before this year, coincidentally when all their fans suddenly turned on them. Stone follows the crowd and says how they weren't doin what they could do on paper. The Players, being the whiners that they are, overreacted and in the end, Sosa leaves, Chip and Stone leave and most of us and Cardinal fans were laughing the whole time.