White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Tekijawa's Avatar
Tekijawa Tekijawa is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Mayfair/Chicago
Posts: 6,681
Default Quit Emailing Brooks!!!

I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
DaveIsHere DaveIsHere is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Joliet,IL
Posts: 3,827
Default

yeah give Brooks some time to get some work done
__________________

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,238
Default



I guess now I can't tell you what I e-mail him about!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,217
Default

Maybe the next area of the site will be an all-Brooks e-mail board.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
longshot7 longshot7 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,289
Default

He should have his own forum - and he can read everyone's suggestions if he wants to.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
HebrewHammer HebrewHammer is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Daegu, South Korea
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?
He probably appreciates the feedback. I don't see what the problem is in making the product better and who better to tell him how to market it than those buying it?

__________________

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Jerko Jerko is offline
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,247
Default

I emailed Brooks about painting the old blue seats green before selling them to the public. I mean, what would ANYONE want with those ugly-ass blue seats?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Baby Fisk Baby Fisk is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,875
Default

Dammit, Jawa. Can't you tell how LOVE STARVED WE ARE? First, we try to suck up to Big Jerry for years trying to earn his love and affection, all for naught. Then that ho bag Magglio plays us for fools and dumps our asses in front of the whole school. Now we finally found someone who LISTENS TO US and UNDERSTANDS WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM and... and... IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE LOVED!
__________________
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8633/tardis4vi9.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Irishsox1 Irishsox1 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,062
Default

I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
mweflen mweflen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago (38th and Wallace)
Posts: 2,149
Default

Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!
__________________
check out my ballpark reviews and pics at
http://itbecomesclear.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
GiveMeSox GiveMeSox is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Purdue, Flossmoor
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?
If i was Brooks I would be happy with all the emails. It proves to himself and the sox that he is doing a good job. Noboday gave a rats ass about our last Marketing guy, forgot his name at the moment. If I was brooks I would be thirlled to find out how many people care about the sox and our community.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweflen
Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!
hehehe, you just told us.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
mweflen mweflen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago (38th and Wallace)
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsox1
I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.
I disagree. These folks are in public relations. Seems to me the key elements of public relations are "relating" with the "public."

Here is a pretty good indication of Brooks' attitude towards receiving emails.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA..._cws&fext=.jsp

So email away, but do it tastefully and within reason.

Here is how he closed his email response to me:

Quote:
Again, thanks for the note and for taking the time to shoot me an e-mail with your thoughts. My best to the WSI crew.
Sounds to me like he's okay getting a little fan feedback. Maybe the threads could be consolidated, though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Nellie_Fox's Avatar
Nellie_Fox Nellie_Fox is offline
Official Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Mankato, MN
Posts: 16,285
Default

I just emailed Brooks to ask him if he's getting too many emails.
__________________

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
mweflen mweflen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago (38th and Wallace)
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano
hehehe, you just told us.
Aha... but I didn't tell you what the email was about! So maybe there's some BIG CHANGE coming that's SUPER SECRET!

Actually, I just emailed asking for two things: No more shouting of "On Your Feet!", and a digital clock which isn't blocked by the fan deck.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.