White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Quit Emailing Brooks!!!

I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

yeah give Brooks some time to get some work done

Sig professionally designed by WSI's own Michelle
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
WSI High Priest

I guess now I can't tell you what I e-mail him about!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Maybe the next area of the site will be an all-Brooks e-mail board.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
WSI Personality

He should have his own forum - and he can read everyone's suggestions if he wants to.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?
He probably appreciates the feedback. I don't see what the problem is in making the product better and who better to tell him how to market it than those buying it?

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I emailed Brooks about painting the old blue seats green before selling them to the public. I mean, what would ANYONE want with those ugly-ass blue seats?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Dammit, Jawa. Can't you tell how LOVE STARVED WE ARE? First, we try to suck up to Big Jerry for years trying to earn his love and affection, all for naught. Then that ho bag Magglio plays us for fools and dumps our asses in front of the whole school. Now we finally found someone who LISTENS TO US and UNDERSTANDS WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM and... and... IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE LOVED!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
If i was Brooks I would be happy with all the emails. It proves to himself and the sox that he is doing a good job. Noboday gave a rats ass about our last Marketing guy, forgot his name at the moment. If I was brooks I would be thirlled to find out how many people care about the sox and our community.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweflen
Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!
hehehe, you just told us.
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsox1
I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.
I disagree. These folks are in public relations. Seems to me the key elements of public relations are "relating" with the "public."

Here is a pretty good indication of Brooks' attitude towards receiving emails.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA..._cws&fext=.jsp

So email away, but do it tastefully and within reason.

Here is how he closed his email response to me:

Quote:
Again, thanks for the note and for taking the time to shoot me an e-mail with your thoughts. My best to the WSI crew.
Sounds to me like he's okay getting a little fan feedback. Maybe the threads could be consolidated, though.
Official Professor

I just emailed Brooks to ask him if he's getting too many emails.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano
hehehe, you just told us.
Aha... but I didn't tell you what the email was about! So maybe there's some BIG CHANGE coming that's SUPER SECRET!

Actually, I just emailed asking for two things: No more shouting of "On Your Feet!", and a digital clock which isn't blocked by the fan deck.