White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Report: Scrubs close to deal with Burnitz

Heard it while listening to the scoreboard update a little while ago. This is good because it probably means they won't be getting Maggs or Huff. Burnitz is pretty much a clone of Sammy, but worse. He isn't the bad clubhouse guy though.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Oh, now I don't see how the sCrUBS can be overlooked as a favorite to win it all.

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned

Hendry tried to trade for his fat ass back in 2003 when Patheticson went down. Take a look at Jeromy's road splits from last season;

.244/.327/.448 14HR, 67 SO in 78 games.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:54 PM
WSI Personality

Wow, Sammy Sosa and a ton of cash for Jerry Hairston Jr., Jeromy Burnitz, and two "prospects". I'm sure the Cards and 'Stros are quakin' in their boots.

"That was the plan no matter what. Because I had Kearns and 'MaTola,' whatever his name is, the first baseman, the fat guy, I don't know what ****ing name is - LaPorta - on the bench and I didn't want them to face Matt."
Old 02-01-2005, 12:18 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewHammer

Wow, Sammy Sosa and a ton of cash for Jerry Hairston Jr., Jeromy Burnitz, and two "prospects". I'm sure the Cards and 'Stros are quakin' in their boots.
The following is one Cub fans opinion on the trade of Lee and the Sox loss of Magglio.

Quote:
The Sox did this because Ozzie Guillen is an idiot.

Let me explain. Ozzie thinks that "speed and defense" wins games. Sure,
those things are important. But you also have to tailor your team to your
ballpark. Since the remodeling at the Cell, it has become a launching pad.
It had the 6th highest park factor for home runs last year of *ANY*
ballpark.

So what does Ozzie ask his GM to do? Get rid of one of his best home run
hitters.

...the Cell is now a launching pad, and the Sox are doing speed and defense. They'll be hard-pressed to win 70 games next year.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 02-01-2005, 12:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...oles-sosatrade
Quote:
To replace some of Sosa's power, the Cubs neared an agreement with free-agent outfielder Jeromy Burnitz on a one-year contract with a mutual option for 2006. That deal wouldn't be finalized until the Sosa trade is completed.
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH, HAPPY DAY!!! The Scrubs replace Sham-Me with an even worse bat in Burnitz!!!

Old 02-01-2005, 12:34 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
The following is one Cub fans opinion on the trade of Lee and the Sox loss of Magglio.
Well...it's worked so well for the past three years...

Old 02-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewHammer
Well...it's worked so well for the past three years...

Obviously you don't have the mentality of a Cubs fan (be thankful.) If something defies statistics, it must be due to supernatural powers, like a billy goat!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:11 AM
WSI Personality

Default Burnitz To Sign With Cubs Tomorrow

Cubs will sign Jeremy "Bum Bum" Burnitz tomorrow as reported on the Kevin Wheeler show that he hosts overnight on Sporting News Radio. Just what the cubs need, another guy who strikes out over 135 times a year. Im die hard Sox fan here and dont hate the cubs, just dont pay attention to them like any of the other 28 teams out there. I honestly think the Cubs are far worse then last season. At least we have hope and some optomism here on the South Side. Glad we didnt sign Burnitz, he really does suck.

Jeff

1.Cubs

3. Indians

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Old 02-01-2005, 02:18 AM
WSI Church Elder

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ad.php?t=44816

Yep, this is great news. The Flubs replace Sham-Me with an even bigger strikeout master in Burnitz. Hilarious. We have a better outfield than the Cubs by far. I'll take Dye, Podsednik, Rowand, and Everett over Burnitz, Hairston, Patterson, and Hollandsworth any day of the week.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
WSI High Priest

I don't know how they did it, but they somehow managed to replace Scammy with the one guy who will probably put up even WORSE numbers. I wonder if they'll be on the cover of SI again this year. Has Hell frozen over yet?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
I don't know how they did it, but they somehow managed to replace Scammy with the one guy who will probably put up even WORSE numbers. I wonder if they'll be on the cover of SI again this year. Has Hell frozen over yet?
[Homefish formatting]

Not so fast, ON2. Burnitz is the missing piece of the puzzle for the fearsome and underrated Cubs. Because of this signing, I'm changing my World Series prediction. Cubs will now sweep it in 4 games, not 5.

[/Homefish formatting]
Old 02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
For the Record:

Career .254 hitter / .842OPS. He's got a career .351 OBP, but has only broken .347 once in the past 5 years. Last 5 years, his OPS was .812, .851, .676, 786, .915. Even last year, with pretty god overall numbers, his road splits were .244 / .327 / .775 (270 ABs). Nah, no Coors factor there.

Oh yeah, last 3 years at Wrigley (35ABs), he's posted a sparkling .713OPS. Whoo hoo!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

If I was a Cubs fan, I would be going absolutely ape ****. If they sign Burnitz, this team is FAR worse than it was last year. In the early part of the year it was Alou who carried this team. Sammy carried them offensively for the later part of the year. Now it will be up to Ramirez and Lee. I think the world of Ramirez and would have no problem with him hitting 3 or 4. Lee however, traditionally starts off slow. That slow start may bury the Cubs this year.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ad.php?t=44816

Yep, this is great news. The Flubs replace Sham-Me with an even bigger strikeout master in Burnitz. Hilarious. We have a better outfield than the Cubs by far. I'll take Dye, Podsednik, Rowand, and Everett over Burnitz, Hairston, Patterson, and Hollandsworth any day of the week.
Their infield and starting rotation is so much better than ours, though, that it's not even funny. We are absolutely pathetic in comparison.

Look out for that Dubois kid. He put up monster numbers in AAA for them; unlike with the White Sox, prospects for other teams sometimes work out.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides