White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2005, 01:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Default With the signing of Iguchi

Does Willie Harris get traded? I wonder if a package of Willie, Garland, and a prospect or two can get us another starting pitching upgrade?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney
Does Willie Harris get traded? I wonder if a package of Willie, Garland, and a prospect or two can get us another starting pitching upgrade?
Wow. Who would have thought that we -- fans of the Chicago White Sox -- could start making brazen suggestions like that? Kenny, you are the man of the hour.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
Wow. Who would have thought that we -- fans of the Chicago White Sox -- could start making brazen suggestions like that? Kenny, you are the man of the hour.
Under Ron Schueler, I never would have even thought it possible. But Kenny Williams loves to make splashy moves.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney
I'd sit tight for a while. Suppose Iguchi can't handle American pitching and hits .195? Until Frank comes back there's room on the roster. Holes always develop during the season with injuries or someone just not coming up to snuff. If they're going to trade him, Harris may be more valuable then instead of now.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
I'd sit tight for a while. Suppose Iguchi can't handle American pitching and hits .195? Until Frank comes back there's room on the roster. Holes always develop during the season with injuries or someone just not coming up to snuff. If they're going to trade him, Harris may be more valuable then instead of now.
Agreed

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 PM
WSI High Priest

we aren't trading him for pitching, I hope we aren't trading any infielder. All this did was give us a little breathing room in our infield. If Uribe or Harris got injured, pulled a groin or whatever, who steps in? Now you can say Iguchi (Or willie now since Iguchi probably starts), this was a huge move. Kenny williams filled every hole he had to, and more this offseason, I'm blown away that he did it. Depth at all positions, 5 starters, 2 power guys, Eventually we'll probably have Everett as our pinch hitter.... this is a great balanced team here. What we wish for now is a solid closer, or just that this bullpen can do it without any upgrades, which concievably they could.

Great offseason.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

I never like to have a new player given a position. I think a battle for starter at second base will be good for willie, iguchi and the white sox.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:48 PM
MMXXIII

If we trade Willie Harris then we're stuck in the same boat with Wilson Valdez as our utility middle infielder.

Uh...

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23
If we trade Willie Harris then we're stuck in the same boat with Wilson Valdez as our utility middle infielder.

Uh...

But with a BETTER PITCHER THAN GARLAND, which is about a million of these:
Old 01-27-2005, 11:26 PM
WSI Regular

Before Iguchi I was all about Willie getting the starting nod, but there's no doubt in my mind the Iguchi signing was favorable for the Sox. Now I wish Willie the best somewhere else, b/c I just don't see how he will stay positive. Looking back at the article that was written about him a couple months ago, where it talked about how he was working hard and prepared for whatever with this team...I just don't see him holding up. I love his speed and potential, but probably better if he goes. {enter Bo Hart or Graff via trade} and best of luck Willie, unless he's on the Royals.

...Then again, if he CAN handle coming off the bench, more power to him.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
Thats a great point! I think that we really should trade willie when the time is right but waiting is a good plan.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

I would love to see a trade of Willie Harris and Joe Borchard to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Alex Cintron. Cintron could be the utility infielder that we need. He can play SS, 2B, and 3B and he isn't going to start for Arizona. They signed Royce "The Choice" Clayton to start at SS and have Craig Counsell as a utility infielder. They also have Scott Hairston and Matt Kata to play 2B. According to this article, the Diamondbacks need a CF'er. After looking at their roster, they could also use a leadoff man. I wonder if they could use Willie in CF and leadoff with him. They also need a power hitting outfielder to replace an aging Luis Gonzalez (37 years old). If Borchard ever pans out, he could be their guy. If they don't want Borchard, send them Willie + prospect(s).
Old 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
WSI Regular

Willie should be traded or he can watch Iggy win a gold glove, hit .320, 35 home runs, steal 40 bases, and greet him when he walks into the dugout.

R. Alomar twice, almost visquel, and crying just because of his unproductiveness. Iggy will make us forget about whiney willy, believe me!

Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Winning=Fung!
Willie should be traded or he can watch Iggy win a gold glove, hit .320, 35 home runs, steal 40 bases, and greet him when he walks into the dugout.

R. Alomar twice, almost visquel, and crying just because of his unproductiveness. Iggy will make us forget about whiney willy, believe me!
Them are some bold predictions pal
Old 01-30-2005, 08:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVsoxfan
Them are some bold predictions pal
I'd settle for:

.280 AVG
.340 OBP
15 HR
30 SB