White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Default The Wrigleyville Rapists strike again

Linky
Old 01-24-2005, 01:40 PM
WSI Prelate

Seriously - my sister cannot even walk from her garage to the apartment.

Another friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint while parking his car in his rented garage spot, too.

Fine neighborhood, indeed.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I just saw a show with the police superintendent praising the decline of crime in "high risk" neighborhoods with the use of mounted police cameras. Is it time to declare Wrigleyville "high risk" for the sake of its own residents and throw a camera or 2 up there?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko
I just saw a show with the police superintendent praising the decline of crime in "high risk" neighborhoods with the use of mounted police cameras. Is it time to declare Wrigleyville "high risk" for the sake of its own residents and throw a camera or 2 up there?
That's not a bad idea along with making yourself safer by GOING TO SOX GAMES INSTEAD!

All hail The Rick
Old 01-24-2005, 03:17 PM
WSI High Priest

All cracks aside about the whole Wrigleyville situation, I sure hope this guy gets caught soon...
________
Perpetual insurance forum
Old 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662
All cracks aside about the whole Wrigleyville situation, I sure hope this guy gets caught soon...
I completely agree. I think it's tacky to be using this crap as a tool to make the Sox look better. It's beneath us as Sox fans.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile
I completely agree. I think it's tacky to be using this crap as a tool to make the Sox look better. It's beneath us as Sox fans.
I totally agree with you VC. One thing that is constant is these kinds of crimes in the Wrigleyville/Lincoln Park area. As a DePaul student, I have seen so many posters in the past year and a half highlighting the fact that someone is on the loose. It isn't always rapes, more along robberies and things such as that. But DePaul did have a high amount of assaults on women last year on campus. All these sickos have to be caught.

Ozzie manages, you watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarWestChicago View Post
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Banned

This is surprising to me, I've got several friends that live in the surrounding area and to tell you the truth its always been assumed that the guys had to be on the look for things of this nature!! I hope they don't catch the guy, I hope some women he attacks is carrying a .38spcl and blows his brains clean out......you won't hear any gripes from this cop!

Edit to add: Arming law abiding citizens is the only true way to protect against people like this.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:57 PM
WSI High Priest

As a person both involved in the criminal justice system and critical of the Chicago media, this is of interest to me for two (IMHO) legitimate reasons. First, it indicates that the Chicago media finally is using the invented term "Wrigleyville" for both good and bad occurrences. I have criticized them for not doing this in the past and more recently have given them props for apparently correcting the problem. Second, the correct use of the term apparently is causing women in the area to be more alert to their surroundings. This is a very good thing, since many victims were intoxicated and wandering home alone in the early morning hours under the false notion that they were perfectly safe. By contrast, the woman in this report and (IIRC) in the last report both successfully fought off their attackers, because they were fully aware of his intentions. In one case, the victim's quick thinking resulted in the capture of a suspect, probably saving additional women from being victimized. Good for them.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

That's my point. People should quit worrying about the neigborhood "mystique" and start protecting their residents. Get some extra police presence in there and catch this guy/guys.