White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2005, 01:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Bizarre Sox Dreams?

With the amount of time that a lot of us spend thinking and posting about a certain baseball team, I'm willing to bet that the White Sox come up quite often in a lot of our dreams. More often than not, its something completely ordinary; we dream that we're at a game, or watching a game on TV, or reading about them in the newspaper, etc., but, last night, I had a really strange one.

Basically, in my dream the White Sox traded Paul Konerko and Ross Gload to the Marlins in exchange for Juan Pierre. Then, they moved Scott Podsednik to first base, a position he had to learn to play during spring training. He made a lot of errors there and was getting booed in games when I woke up.

Has this happened to anyone else?
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 01-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Often. I remember having dreams of being at games and terrible trades.. never of World Series wins though...
Old 01-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish
With the amount of time that a lot of us spend thinking and posting about a certain baseball team, I'm willing to bet that the White Sox come up quite often in a lot of our dreams. More often than not, its something completely ordinary; we dream that we're at a game, or watching a game on TV, or reading about them in the newspaper, etc., but, last night, I had a really strange one.

Basically, in my dream the White Sox traded Paul Konerko and Ross Gload to the Marlins in exchange for Juan Pierre. Then, they moved Scott Podsednik to first base, a position he had to learn to play during spring training. He made a lot of errors there and was getting booed in games when I woke up.

I have had dreams before about the white sox. Nothing serious, more like I became friends with Frank or Ozzie and got in with all them and was the coolest fan ever.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:20 PM
WSI Regular

I tend to have dreams around this time of year about the Sox, wishing the season would start. So far none this offseason, but last year I had a nightmare that the Sox were playing the Yankees in Game 1 of the ALDS and I couldn't get to a tv to watch the game. All I wanted was a tv and I couldn't get to one! It was so sad. Then I woke up and became depressed about the fact it was still February.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:24 PM
WSI High Priest

I had a weird dream last night that involved going to Sox games. I never remember all the details, but it had to do with the Sox playing 2 of 3 games at Miller Park for some reason (they weren't playing the Brewers, they were actually the home team) and I had tickets to the one game that was in Chicago. Like I said, it's fuzzy, but I remember waking up and thinking "What the hell?"
Old 01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Ive had 2 dreams recently...One, PK was traded for Vasquez, who we then traded straight up with the Red Sox for David Ortiz (dont know where that came from...)

Another one I had a few weeks ago, before we signed El Duque, and the Sox were in the ALCS...The only problem was, I didnt know who was pitching for the Sox...From the wind up it looked like El Duque, but everything else looked like Pedro Martinez.....Dont ask me how, but I finally came to the conclusion our ALCS Game 1 pitcher was....Felix Diaz

Wow
Old 01-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish

Were you in that park with the big green wall in left? First base side, about halfway up the aisle?

I had the same dream.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Banned

I have dreams that I'm playing in the games.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Banned

I had a dream last year before the home opener.

I had to meet my friend that I was going with. We had blecher tickets (which was strange becuase the actual tickets were on the 1st base line in 2004), anyway, I couldn't get into the game for some reason. I remember walking around the park, and the baseball fields calling my friend to try and get me in. I eventually got in the the 4th inning I think and Konerko had just hit a home run.
Strange becuase I think Konerko hit a home run in the 4th inning in the 2004 home opener.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:43 PM
WSI High Priest

I have dreams occasionally that I'm watching a Sox game at OLD Comiskey Park. Then I wake up feeling kind of sad.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmike
I think and Konerko had just hit a home run.
Strange becuase I think Konerko hit a home run in the 4th inning in the 2004 home opener.
Are you Miss Cleo?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/w...s/zachsig2.JPG WU! Production.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

i find it disgusting that people are trying to trade paul even in their dreams!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by idseer
i find it disgusting that people are trying to trade paul even in their dreams!
I dont think its that we "want" PK to be traded, because I for one definitely do not....Strange dreams happen, none stranger than my Felix Diaz pitching game one in the ALCS...I really hope that PK and the Sox agree on a big deal sooner than later so we know hes here to stay!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
WSI High Priest

In my dream,the Sox are playing in game 7 of the WS
against the North Side Crybabies.I had this dream 3 years
ago,so keep that in mind.

Anyhow, Kenny Lofton tries to score from 1st
on a double.I see him slide into home plate,then I
wake up.Was he safe?? Was he out?? I'll never know.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:24 PM
WSI Guru

I used to have this dream back in the mid 80's about the White Sox trading Harold Baines to the Cubs. It was bizarre.

I've had a re-occurring dream about the Sox being one win away from clinching the AL pennant and going to the World Series.