White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:31 PM
TornLabrum's Avatar
TornLabrum TornLabrum is offline
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 13,394
Default Endless speculation: who is leaving Sox media corps?

A week or two ago Grobber posted something about a possible change in makeup of Sox broadcasts with the possibility of one of the broadcasters leaving. Like him, I won't name names, but I did some snooping at SoxFest, and as usual he was right on the money.

As usual, Grobber was right on the money. Right now the person involved has not been hired by the other team. I've been told he will be interviewing with them later this week.

Edit: IT WAS LIP! I APOLOGIZE!!!!! My memory the content is a helluvalot better than my memory of the source!!!!!
__________________

Last edited by TornLabrum; 01-16-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
zach074 zach074 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornLabrum
A week or two ago Grobber posted something about a possible change in makeup of Sox broadcasts with the possibility of one of the broadcasters leaving. Like him, I won't name names, but I did some snooping at SoxFest, and as usual he was right on the money.

As usual, Grobber was right on the money. Right now the person involved has not been hired by the other team. I've been told he will be interviewing with them later this week.
Please not Hawk.
__________________

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/w...s/zachsig2.JPG WU! Production.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:34 PM
ewokpelts ewokpelts is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SouthSide Chicago
Posts: 10,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach074
Please not Hawk.
I think it's DJ...but I asked around the comcast booth and they think dj will be in the booth, but they do not have final say.....also, there may or may not be a pregame show....
Gene
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Shingotime!! Shingotime!! is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 180
Default

Steve Stone
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
chisoxmike chisoxmike is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,451
Default

Maybe DJ since he wasn't at SoxFest, Hawk wouldn't leave. I think Hawk even said see you April 4 after the seminars
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,286
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornLabrum
A week or two ago Grobber posted something about a possible change in makeup of Sox broadcasts with the possibility of one of the broadcasters leaving. Like him, I won't name names, but I did some snooping at SoxFest, and as usual he was right on the money.

As usual, Grobber was right on the money. Right now the person involved has not been hired by the other team. I've been told he will be interviewing with them later this week.
Didn't Lip mention this too? Wow. Wonder who it could be.
__________________


2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
pearso66 pearso66 is online now
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 2,743
Default

He never specified it was in TV broadcasts, maybe one of the radio guys is leaving?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
TornLabrum's Avatar
TornLabrum TornLabrum is offline
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 13,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
Didn't Lip mention this too? Wow. Wonder who it could be.
Oops...I think it was Lip...Mod...could you change the title?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:38 PM
rmusacch rmusacch is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornLabrum
A week or two ago Grobber posted something about a possible change in makeup of Sox broadcasts with the possibility of one of the broadcasters leaving. Like him, I won't name names, but I did some snooping at SoxFest, and as usual he was right on the money.

As usual, Grobber was right on the money. Right now the person involved has not been hired by the other team. I've been told he will be interviewing with them later this week.
Wasn't it Hawk with the Devil Rays that Grobber was talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
TornLabrum's Avatar
TornLabrum TornLabrum is offline
Brrrrooooowwwwffffffff!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 13,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusacch
Wasn't it Hawk with the Devil Rays that Grobber was talking about?
The Rays are the team. Now someone help me because I'm getting totally confused. Who posted it...Grobber or Lip????? Can anybody tell I'm an auditory learner????
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
FightingBillini FightingBillini is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Orland Park/People's Republic of Urbana
Posts: 1,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmusacch
Wasn't it Hawk with the Devil Rays that Grobber was talking about?
Fenway started the thread about Hawk and the D-Rays
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...achmentid=2649
STRETCH!!!

"This is our rival right here. Forget the other teams. I think it's going to come down to us and (the Indians)."
-Dmitri Young, 4/10/05
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
gobears1987 gobears1987 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: From the Mideast to the Midwest
Posts: 12,756
Default

Given how Hawk was acting at Soxfest I'd say it isn't him. He was looking very forward to seeing this team so it isn't him.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
zach074 zach074 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornLabrum
The Rays are the team. Now someone help me because I'm getting totally confused. Who posted it...Grobber or Lip????? Can anybody tell I'm an auditory learner????
Why can't you tell us who it is?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,286
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornLabrum
The Rays are the team. Now someone help me because I'm getting totally confused. Who posted it...Grobber or Lip????? Can anybody tell I'm an auditory learner????
Hal-

I'm 100% sure it was Lip.

He just said it was someone affiliated with Sox broadcasts. So, not counting Melton, it's one of five people: Hawk, DJ, Rooney, Farmer, or Wills.

We know Wills has interviewed for radio gigs with other teams (didn't he try Kansas City a year or two ago?)

Here's my educated guess, and I don't have anything to back this up:

It's either DJ or Wills. I don't think Rooney wants to leave (his kids are in school in the suburbs). Hawk is too much tied to this organization. Farmer isn't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
zach074 zach074 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26
Hal-

I'm 100% sure it was Lip.

He just said it was someone affiliated with Sox broadcasts. So, not counting Melton, it's one of five people: Hawk, DJ, Rooney, Farmer, or Wills.

We know Wills has interviewed for radio gigs with other teams (didn't he try Kansas City a year or two ago?)

Here's my educated guess, and I don't have anything to back this up:

It's either DJ or Wills. I don't think Rooney wants to leave (his kids are in school in the suburbs). Hawk is too much tied to this organization. Farmer isn't going anywhere.
I hope your right those are the guys I wouldn't really care if they left.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.