White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you boo or cheer Mags or take matters into your own hands?
Boo 11 55.00%
Cheer 4 20.00%
T.P. his house 2 10.00%
Spit in his hamburger inside the drive-thru window 2 10.00%
Cut all his pictures out of the yearbook 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesoxtom
That article is the reason I am here. I am going to be very upset if he signs with the Cubs. I truly believe he will be healthy, and will put up monster numbers with whoever he plays for.
completely agreed.

i dont look forward to cubbie coworkers and friends rubbing it in my face that i'm a fan of a team that threw maggs away.

i hope he signs with somebody... anybody else.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox hardcore
completely agreed.

i dont look forward to cubbie coworkers and friends rubbing it in my face that i'm a fan of a team that threw maggs away.

i hope he signs with somebody... anybody else.
Sheesh... get a clue. The Sox didn't "throw him away." Magglio refused to let the Sox doctors examine his injured knee. To not "throw away Magglio" the Sox would have needed to offer him arbitration. In arbitration Magglio is guaranteed not less than 80 percent of his former salary no matter whether he is healthy enough to play a single game. Now that he is a free agent any other team can offer him whatever they want... including the incentive-based "show me" deals Magglio previously refused to sign.

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting and do something constructive with your time... like stalking Magglio at his home.

He doesn't love you anymore. Deal with it.

"Dear John,..."
Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 AM
WSI High Priest

Coming off of that knee surgery, you'd think that Maggs would be a better fit with an AL team where the DH is available. It may be less of a risk for the O's to sign him than the Cubs - where he'd have to play in the outfield everyday or not be in the lineup.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sheesh... get a clue. The Sox didn't "throw him away." Magglio refused to let the Sox doctors examine his injured knee. To not "throw away Magglio" the Sox would have needed to offer him arbitration. In arbitration Magglio is guaranteed not less than 80 percent of his former salary no matter whether he is healthy enough to play a single game. Now that he is a free agent any other team can offer him whatever they want... including the incentive-based "show me" deals Magglio previously refused to sign.

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting"
nah, you got it all wrong.

the sox breakup with magglio started over a year ago.

you obviously need to get over it. or just learn to ignore those who dont swallow the spin you do so eagerly.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
nah, you got it all wrong.

the sox breakup with magglio started over a year ago.

you obviously need to get over it. or just learn to ignore those who dont swallow the spin you do so eagerly.
Yeah, sure...

Go stalk him. The rest of us of us are cruising for new hotties who can actually play baseball.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Here's what the SunTimes is saying about the Cubs and Maggs:

Quote:
The Cubs haven't taken serious looks at two free agent outfielders -- former White Sox right fielder Magglio Ordonez or Jeromy Burnitz. If they can't trade Sosa, sources indicated that they are unlikely to consider signing Ordonez to start in left.

If Sosa goes, Ordonez will be considered at that time. But the Cubs presently are extremely leery of the condition of Ordonez's troublesome knee. They would require extensive medical workups on him before pursuing him very far.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub10.html
Old 01-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, sure...

Go stalk him. The rest of us of us are cruising for new hotties who can actually play baseball.
ummm.

not sure what to make of your breaking down of players as such sexual interests of "hotties" and stalker-worthy.... but whatevs.

maggs can play baseball just fine, one of the best the sox ever had. yeah jury is out on him in the immediate future, but dollars on donuts that he'll rebound just fine. one of the best steals of this offseason for whoever nabs him.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
ummm.

not sure what to make of your breaking down of players as such sexual interests of "hotties" and stalker-worthy.... but whatevs.

maggs can play baseball just fine, one of the best the sox ever had. yeah jury is out on him in the immediate future, but dollars on donuts that he'll rebound just fine. one of the best steals of this offseason for whoever nabs him.
Based on what?

You know the fact that no baseball teams have actually offered him a big money long term contract MIGHT be a clue that something else is going on.

No one trusts that knee - not even Borass and Maggs who won't let anyone look at it until they get an offer...

"See, I told you the knee is fine. Dr. Chisox Harccore has posted it right here on the Internet. Thus, it must be true..."

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

I saw Magglio and Boras out on a double date with Hendry and Dusty. They were at Ed Debevic's... sipping a malt from the same straw! That slut...

Nooooooooo!

Old 01-10-2005, 09:14 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting and do something constructive with your time... like stalking Magglio at his home.

He doesn't love you anymore. Deal with it.

"Dear John,..."
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

I saw Magglio riding in Hendry's car at the White Hen Pantry Friday night. His knee looked fine to me...

Old 01-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
I saw Magglio riding in Hendry's car at the White Hen Pantry Friday night. His knee looked fine to me...

My cousin saw Borass at a Gold's Gym. He was just coming back from the sauna and he was talking on his cell phone. My cousin got really close and heard Borass say. "Yeah, we tested the knee to the safety limits. It's fine. Yes, I've got a multi-year big money deal from the Mets. Time to put up or shut up, Hendry. Maggs is dying to play for the Flubbies, but you have to come up with the scratch." Then he seemed to realize people were watching and listening so he moved off to a side and some really big guys stepped in my cousin's path, preventing him from following.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
lol if that's the case i'll seriously have to question the thickness of the WSIers hides more than i already am.

i dint do nuttin.

Ummmm duuuude. You called the webmaster "psycho" before your 10th post.

"I don't see much more of a future of "hardcore". Call me now!!!"
Old 01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehose13

"I don't see much more of a future of "hardcore". Call me now!!!"
He has his own playpen in the Roadhouse. No worries...

It's hysterical how some people obsess over Magglio going to the Cubs... not unlike jilted lovers... too funny...

"Hardcore" is the best one yet, so he gets the official thread for jilted Magglio lovers at WSI. I'm sure there will be more just like him. Now at least we have one giant thread to hold all their broken-hearted angst... thanks to "Hardcore."
Old 01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
He has his own playpen in the Roadhouse. No worries...

It's hysterical how some people obsess over Magglio going to the Cubs... not unlike jilted lovers... too funny...

"Hardcore" is the best one yet, so he gets the official thread for jilted Magglio lovers at WSI. I'm sure there will be more just like him. Now at least we have one giant thread to hold all their broken-hearted angst... thanks to "Hardcore."
No doubt. And I thought "my people" were bad about break ups...