White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2005, 12:43 AM
WSI Regular

Default Magglio gushing over the cubs. Article says Cubs, Mets and O's have medical records.

Had to rub my eyes to see if I had read this correctly. This is from the mercury news and you need to register. I'll post some of this article.

Magglio Ordonez daydreamed about the possibility of hitting between Aramis Ramirez and Sammy Sosa. "Not a bad lineup, huh? he said with a laugh. Speaking from his home, Ordonez said he's ready to work out for any team. Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.

But it will probably come down to the Cubs and the Orioles, two teams with holes in the outfield and room in the budget. Ordonez insisted he was completely healthy.

"The doctors have cleared me", he said. "I'll be ready to play by spring training. Everybody will see. "I'm pain-free and in better shape then ever now after rehabbing so long".

Ordonez's preference to remain in Chicago makes the Cubs his obvious first choice. General manager Jim Hendry has had preliminary talks with Ordonez's agent, Scott Boras.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
WSI Prelate

This guy is a jag.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

He's day dreaming over the thought of batting between Ramirez and Sosa? Sosa is horrible and Ramirez despite having a great season last year, has been inconsistent his entire career. Although I'm sure he's just using the media to raise his value, which isn't that high right now...
Old 01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement's beard
Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.
BFD. IIRC, nobody was disputing having the records. It was inspection of Magglio Ordonez, live and in person, that was prohibited by Bora$. With an etched-in-stone arbitration deadline to comply with, KW and JR made the only rational decision they could. Maybe the extra months of rest and rehab WILL have Maggs ready to play by ST, but that wasn't the real issue at the time.

SMO
Old 01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
WSI Regular

Maybe someone should tell Ordonez that Sosa will not even be with them by spring training.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Banned

I really can't stand this guy anymore.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:08 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie
BFD. IIRC, nobody was disputing having the records. It was inspection of Magglio Ordonez, live and in person, that was prohibited by Bora$. With an etched-in-stone arbitration deadline to comply with, KW and JR made the only rational decision they could. Maybe the extra months of rest and rehab WILL have Maggs ready to play by ST, but that wasn't the real issue at the time.

SMO
Not only that but BorASS cancelled the "We'll show you at the winter meetings he is fine" and now he is "better than ever". That is coming from Ordonez.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 AM
WSI Regular

I wonder what a person like Hawk or Dave Wills thinks about Magglio.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

He's just desperate to get something more than a one-year "prove it" deal, and he's spitting love talk at anyone who'll listen.
I'm sure he wants to stay in Chicago - who wouldn't? It's an awesome city.
I don't hate him, but I sure am disappointed in how this all turned out.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Had to rub my eyes to see if I had read this correctly. This is from the mercury news and you need to register. I'll post some of this article.

Magglio Ordonez daydreamed about the possibility of hitting between Aramis Ramirez and Sammy Sosa. "Not a bad lineup, huh? he said with a laugh. Speaking from his home, Ordonez said he's ready to work out for any team. Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.

But it will probably come down to the Cubs and the Orioles, two teams with holes in the outfield and room in the budget. Ordonez insisted he was completely healthy.

"The doctors have cleared me", he said. "I'll be ready to play by spring training. Everybody will see. "I'm pain-free and in better shape then ever now after rehabbing so long".

Ordonez's preference to remain in Chicago makes the Cubs his obvious first choice. General manager Jim Hendry has had preliminary talks with Ordonez's agent, Scott Boras.
I searched Magglio and Ordonez on the San Jose Mercury News and did not find the article you're talking about.

Could you be a ...

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 01-10-2005, 03:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Maybe someone should tell Ordonez that Sosa will not even be with them by spring training.
hey cubs fan i mean clements beard who is going to trade for sosa??? Why would another team want the cubs overpaid garbage??? Wishful thinking on your part.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint1
hey cubs fan i mean clements beard who is going to trade for sosa??? Why would another team want the cubs overpaid garbage??? Wishful thinking on your part.
Aye-aye.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
I searched Magglio and Ordonez on the San Jose Mercury News and did not find the article you're talking about.

Could you be a ...

No, the article is real, do a google search on Magglio Ordonez and it comes up. It doesn't mean it's the truth. but it is disturbing none the less.

That article is the reason I am here. I am going to be very upset if he signs with the Cubs. I truly believe he will be healthy, and will put up monster numbers with whoever he plays for.

Just another thing for Cub fans to hold over us. I really despise Maggs for this. He (and Boras) will only do it to stick it to the White Sox, when the only real people he will be hurting is the fans.

If I hear the "OH EEE OH" chant at Wrigley, I will lose my lunch
Old 01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

The article, with the same quotes, is in (surprise!) today's Cubune. He should be careful being next to Sosa, Wood's bat might hit by accident on its way to the boombox.........

All hail The Rick
Old 01-10-2005, 08:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

that article makes me want to:

Proud to be a WSIer