White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Clement's beard Clement's beard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 250
Default Magglio gushing over the cubs. Article says Cubs, Mets and O's have medical records.

Had to rub my eyes to see if I had read this correctly. This is from the mercury news and you need to register. I'll post some of this article.



Magglio Ordonez daydreamed about the possibility of hitting between Aramis Ramirez and Sammy Sosa. "Not a bad lineup, huh? he said with a laugh. Speaking from his home, Ordonez said he's ready to work out for any team. Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.

But it will probably come down to the Cubs and the Orioles, two teams with holes in the outfield and room in the budget. Ordonez insisted he was completely healthy.

"The doctors have cleared me", he said. "I'll be ready to play by spring training. Everybody will see. "I'm pain-free and in better shape then ever now after rehabbing so long".

Ordonez's preference to remain in Chicago makes the Cubs his obvious first choice. General manager Jim Hendry has had preliminary talks with Ordonez's agent, Scott Boras.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 14,238
Default

This guy is a jag.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
ChiWhiteSox1337 ChiWhiteSox1337 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4,093
Default

He's day dreaming over the thought of batting between Ramirez and Sosa? Sosa is horrible and Ramirez despite having a great season last year, has been inconsistent his entire career. Although I'm sure he's just using the media to raise his value, which isn't that high right now...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
StillMissOzzie StillMissOzzie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 5,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement's beard
Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.
BFD. IIRC, nobody was disputing having the records. It was inspection of Magglio Ordonez, live and in person, that was prohibited by Bora$. With an etched-in-stone arbitration deadline to comply with, KW and JR made the only rational decision they could. Maybe the extra months of rest and rehab WILL have Maggs ready to play by ST, but that wasn't the real issue at the time.

SMO
__________________
2014 tally: x 2, x 1
COTC Record: 1 - 1 (lifetime)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Clement's beard Clement's beard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 250
Default

Maybe someone should tell Ordonez that Sosa will not even be with them by spring training.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 AM
chisoxmike chisoxmike is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,451
Default

I really can't stand this guy anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Clement's beard Clement's beard is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie
BFD. IIRC, nobody was disputing having the records. It was inspection of Magglio Ordonez, live and in person, that was prohibited by Bora$. With an etched-in-stone arbitration deadline to comply with, KW and JR made the only rational decision they could. Maybe the extra months of rest and rehab WILL have Maggs ready to play by ST, but that wasn't the real issue at the time.

SMO
Not only that but BorASS cancelled the "We'll show you at the winter meetings he is fine" and now he is "better than ever". That is coming from Ordonez.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 AM
NSSoxFan2 NSSoxFan2 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Glenview
Posts: 231
Default

I wonder what a person like Hawk or Dave Wills thinks about Magglio.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-10-2005, 02:21 AM
The Critic The Critic is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SW burbs
Posts: 3,721
Default

He's just desperate to get something more than a one-year "prove it" deal, and he's spitting love talk at anyone who'll listen.
I'm sure he wants to stay in Chicago - who wouldn't? It's an awesome city.
I don't hate him, but I sure am disappointed in how this all turned out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-10-2005, 02:59 AM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 7,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement's beard
Had to rub my eyes to see if I had read this correctly. This is from the mercury news and you need to register. I'll post some of this article.



Magglio Ordonez daydreamed about the possibility of hitting between Aramis Ramirez and Sammy Sosa. "Not a bad lineup, huh? he said with a laugh. Speaking from his home, Ordonez said he's ready to work out for any team. Sources said the Cubs, Mets and Orioles have requested and received Ordonez's medical records, including reports concerning his knee injury last summer.

But it will probably come down to the Cubs and the Orioles, two teams with holes in the outfield and room in the budget. Ordonez insisted he was completely healthy.

"The doctors have cleared me", he said. "I'll be ready to play by spring training. Everybody will see. "I'm pain-free and in better shape then ever now after rehabbing so long".

Ordonez's preference to remain in Chicago makes the Cubs his obvious first choice. General manager Jim Hendry has had preliminary talks with Ordonez's agent, Scott Boras.
I searched Magglio and Ordonez on the San Jose Mercury News and did not find the article you're talking about.

Could you be a ...

__________________

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Blueprint1 Blueprint1 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago (South Loop)
Posts: 4,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement's beard
Maybe someone should tell Ordonez that Sosa will not even be with them by spring training.
hey cubs fan i mean clements beard who is going to trade for sosa??? Why would another team want the cubs overpaid garbage??? Wishful thinking on your part.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 AM
SOXintheBURGH's Avatar
SOXintheBURGH SOXintheBURGH is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Greenfield; Das Burgh
Posts: 6,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint1
hey cubs fan i mean clements beard who is going to trade for sosa??? Why would another team want the cubs overpaid garbage??? Wishful thinking on your part.
Aye-aye.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Whitesoxtom Whitesoxtom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
I searched Magglio and Ordonez on the San Jose Mercury News and did not find the article you're talking about.

Could you be a ...

No, the article is real, do a google search on Magglio Ordonez and it comes up. It doesn't mean it's the truth. but it is disturbing none the less.

That article is the reason I am here. I am going to be very upset if he signs with the Cubs. I truly believe he will be healthy, and will put up monster numbers with whoever he plays for.

Just another thing for Cub fans to hold over us. I really despise Maggs for this. He (and Boras) will only do it to stick it to the White Sox, when the only real people he will be hurting is the fans.

If I hear the "OH EEE OH" chant at Wrigley, I will lose my lunch
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,052
Default

The article, with the same quotes, is in (surprise!) today's Cubune. He should be careful being next to Sosa, Wood's bat might hit by accident on its way to the boombox.........
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-10-2005, 08:21 AM
CubsfansareDRUNK CubsfansareDRUNK is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Elmhurst, Milwaukee
Posts: 2,966
Default

that article makes me want to:

__________________


Proud to be a WSIer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.