White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2005, 12:00 AM
New At WSI

I just hope that Fields ends up as good as that other third baseman from OK. State. I don't have a lot of confidence in Crede.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by downstater
I just hope that Fields ends up as good as that other third baseman from OK. State. I don't have a lot of confidence in Crede.
If he becomes as good as Robin, we'd be in for a treat.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by konerko1413
I dont know if u ment this as a very negative comment but Scott Merkin (the guy from the whitesox.com mailbag) said not to put much stock i the fact he was cut cuz since they only play for like 2 months, they cut people every week, they dont give players time to get outta slumps, i looked for the article but i couldnt find it online

I don like borchard, but he does seem to have the potential to become a 5-tool outfielder, even beltran took a few years to gain superstar status, he hits very good in the minors, i wonder how long (if all) it will take him to start shining
It is a sad, sick day when we are comparing Joe Borchard to Carlos Beltran. I'm gonna go be sick now...
crc#4
Sox Fan since birth...
...Sox Fan 'till death.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFanTillDeath
It is a sad, sick day when we are comparing Joe Borchard to Carlos Beltran. I'm gonna go be sick now...
I agree, apples & oranges. Beltran was much younger when he broke in. Based on age, Borchard's pretty close to his career peak right now.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica
...Borchard's pretty close to his career peak right now.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 02-17-2005, 07:57 AM
WSI Regular

Default Josh Fields Squared????

Just think how cool it would be to have both Josh Fields of the White Sox to be at the MLB level at the same time!!! I am sure it would give stats folks something to spin about!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
WSI Regular

Post Borchard

Went to a media luncheon this week and Nick Leyva was there talking about the triple A team this year. There were two concensus about Borchard: 1: if he doesn't have a good spring training, he more than likely will be traded out of spring training 2: no one thinks he will have a good spring. He also said that the phenom will be Pedro Lopez at short stop and they will more than likely play Burke at third. Jorge Tocca is supposed to play first. He feels that his team will will the playoffs this year since Chicago has pretty good talent and won't need to pull as many players up as in the past. It will be interesting to see what of this comes to past. He also said that Sweeney should be here too.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteknights
Went to a media luncheon this week and Nick Leyva was there talking about the triple A team this year. There were two concensus about Borchard: 1: if he doesn't have a good spring training, he more than likely will be traded out of spring training 2: no one thinks he will have a good spring. He also said that the phenom will be Pedro Lopez at short stop and they will more than likely play Burke at third. Jorge Tocca is supposed to play first. He feels that his team will will the playoffs this year since Chicago has pretty good talent and won't need to pull as many players up as in the past. It will be interesting to see what of this comes to past. He also said that Sweeney should be here too.
Well, Sweeney won't start at AAA and I'd be pretty shocked if Lopez didn't play the first half of the season in Birmingham either.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteknights
Trade Willie and Borchard to Arizona for Cintron and a prospect?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

If Fields lights it up in Birmingham in Charlotte early in the year, with how fast some of these college kids are making the big leagues these days, I wouldn't hesitate to bring him up if Crede struggles.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:34 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondkings29
Just think how cool it would be to have both Josh Fields of the White Sox to be at the MLB level at the same time!!! I am sure it would give stats folks something to spin about!
What do you mean? We can't find one of the two now. That's what started this thread.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by downstater
First timer here, just wondering if anybody knows if Josh Fields is playing winter ball and if he is how is he doing?
Welcome to well meaning chaos. I think the farthest a thread went and remained on subject was no more than 10 posts. Of course, this post isn't helping much either, is it?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxRowand
If Fields lights it up in Birmingham in Charlotte early in the year, with how fast some of these college kids are making the big leagues these days, I wouldn't hesitate to bring him up if Crede struggles.
I don't think they'll accelerate him at that rate. He's got a lot of work still to be done on the defensive side of things and at each level he is going to initially struggle with the K's...