White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2005, 06:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Any News on Where Maggs will go?

Haven't heard much of anything out of Boras or Maggs or interested teams. Out of some sick, slightly masochistic tendency of mine, I'm extremely interested in where Maggs plays (or gets paid to be injured) next year. Theres no doubt in my mind he'll get a contract before spring training but with whom and for how much? Has he still not worked out for anyone? The longer Maggs goes unsigned, the smarter the White Sox organization looks. I get the feeling that his delay isn't like the Beltran delay, where every day he waits he secures an extra million or so in his pocket. I get the feeling that every day he waits, Maggs is losing millions and looking less attractive to possible suitors. Anyone have any news on the Maggs front?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
WSI Regular

I really do think it will come down to the Cubs then Mets. I could be all wrong though, but I see those two as the ones who will give him the best deal. Cubs need a better OF than Hollandsworth and won't get Beltran, and the Mets want to get a middle of the lineup guy who they can "showcase" or something like that. I still don't see the interest in Sosa, but Minaya is doing a bad job I think.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Who Cares!!!!!!!!!!! Move On
Old 01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

I hear there's a team in Iowa that might be a good fit for him...
Old 01-03-2005, 09:49 PM
WSI High Priest

I used to care. I hope for his sake that I'm wrong but I just see him as being damaged goods. So if he does end up a Cub I wouldn't be getting all excited up there in Cubbie-land just yet.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Banned

I hope he signs with the O's. They are still looking for a part time DH, and there has been talk of the O's trading for Vazquez with could open up a hole in their outfield.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:49 AM
WSI Prelate

A one-time stud ballplayer with great name recognition now facing physical limitations that will affect his ability to perform as he did in the past? Even Bo knows should Maggs sounds like a great fit for the Sox. Too bad that bridge was burned.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiesox
I hear there's a team in Iowa that might be a good fit for him...
You know you joke about that - but who here thinks there's a chance he goes to Japan?
Old 01-04-2005, 10:52 AM
WSI High Priest

I think it would be funny if he signed with the Sox for the Minimum in June because no one else wanted his broke ass.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDSR
Haven't heard much of anything out of Boras or Maggs or interested teams. Out of some sick, slightly masochistic tendency of mine, I'm extremely interested in where Maggs plays (or gets paid to be injured) next year. Theres no doubt in my mind he'll get a contract before spring training but with whom and for how much? Has he still not worked out for anyone? The longer Maggs goes unsigned, the smarter the White Sox organization looks. I get the feeling that his delay isn't like the Beltran delay, where every day he waits he secures an extra million or so in his pocket. I get the feeling that every day he waits, Maggs is losing millions and looking less attractive to possible suitors. Anyone have any news on the Maggs front?
A just released statement from Al-Jazeera:

Magglio Ordonez is 100% healthy. There is no truth to the rumor that he has a bad knee. Right now he is currently sifting through many different offers and has been numerous contracts at the same or more money then Carlos Beltran. Everything else you hear is false.

Bob
Old 01-04-2005, 08:22 PM
WSI Regular

anywhere but the cubs! the cub fans i know are already talking like he is on the team. i would hate to see him on the north side
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Maggs should stay in the AL so he can DH from time to time. That's if he can play the OF at all. He'll get signed by someone, I'm dying to find out who.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo=dorf
I hope he signs with the O's. They are still looking for a part time DH, and there has been talk of the O's trading for Vazquez with could open up a hole in their outfield.
Maggs would fit well with the Orioles...seeing as they already use the "oh-ee-oh" chant.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winning ugly 72
anywhere but the cubs! the cub fans i know are already talking like he is on the team. i would hate to see him on the north side
Don't worry, you will only have to see him in rehab starts in july in Des Moines. I don't know if the stadium is on the North Side of Des Moines, but that's where you'll find him. Maybe his medical records will be there to. Who cares where he plays? I hope he screws the Cubs outfield and his salary is an anchor to whoever he signs with: Cubs or Mets.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:26 AM
WSI Prelate

Maybe the Cubs will sign him so the Tribune can fill space with a Maggs watch.

How many Cubs fans know what sort of injury Ordonez suffered last season? How many know he was injured at all?