White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 PM
WSI Regular

I dont think anyone would argue Carlos is one of our most improved players over the last few years.

I wonder what he is thinking........

"What the heck! I could have been a real slacker and not done any worse than being traded to the Brewers!"

At least we sent Ray packing to a contender that year.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned

...so as all of Soxdom waits with bated breath for the other shoe to fall, we cut to the Office of the Chairman...

K.W.: So, uh, then I guess we're done here, huh JR?

The Chairman: Funfgh trffle brwhas!

K.W.: Um, pardon me, Sir?

The Chairman: (coughs) I said Whose idea were the friggin' sprinkles?

K.W.: Well, um, mine- sorta. No- wait! It was the Donut Lady. She threw them in, no charge!

The Chairman: Yeah, we're set. If we can't bury the Twins with this pleasingly affordable lineup, I'll have Ozzie's head!

K.W.: (phew!) Tha- that's great, Sir! I never did get a call back on the Konerko/Clayton deal. Do you--

The Chairman: Don't sweat it kid. We'll need somebody with offense to unload in July. Nice work. Here's a finn. Grab yourself a nice dinner tonight on me.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehose13
Just to let you guys know...the few Brewer fans that I have talked to aren't happy with the trade. They love Podsednik and believe his stats last year don't do his playing justice.
All over Brewerfan.net they all know we got screwed. There was not 1 negative remark. They have CLee as thier new Savior.They are stoked and I do not blame them.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Pffft...Typical Milwaukee news. 6 minutes on Nick Barnett's "Overcelebrating' followed by 1 minute on the trade.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshunn2001
All over Brewerfan.net they all know we got screwed. There was not 1 negative remark. They have CLee as thier new Savior.They are stoked and I do not blame them.
I only read the first 3-4 pages and it looks that way, but they thought they were getting cash and tehy aren't. Did you read the whole thing? Do they feel the same now?

I talked to about 4 people. I'll talk to more later. Of course, these people don't know CLee, but I was trying to show how much people here like Podsednik.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I only read the first 3-4 pages and it looks that way, but they thought they were getting cash and they aren't.
IIRC, they also assumed that the PTBNL is not Ginter. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I think some of the celebration was due to the fact that the Brewers added salary for a change.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
WSI Regular

Default hmmm

I was afraid this was going to happen. Many thought Posednick was playing over his head in 2003 and predicted the kind of year he had last year.

I did think Lee was the best player to trade. Konerko is our best hitter (without Maggs) and is better than his market value. Lee is a good hitter, but his market value is higher than his ability.

I just wish they had received more. They addressed their biggest need *a leadoff man *I just don't think the guy they got answers that need. At least we have $6M to get a SP, our next biggest need.

Last edited by ssviland; 12-13-2004 at 07:40 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I only read the first 3-4 pages and it looks that way, but they thought they were getting cash and tehy aren't. Did you read the whole thing? Do they feel the same now?

I talked to about 4 people. I'll talk to more later. Of course, these people don't know CLee, but I was trying to show how much people here like Podsednik.
Not everyone. The White Sox are copying the financial philosophy of that current NL juggernaut the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
IIRC, they also assumed that the PTBNL is not Ginter. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I think some of the celebration was due to the fact that the Brewers added salary for a change.
Yeah, I thought that was funny.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
How did the sox win 95 games with that rotation in '00?
That was all of them PRE-surgery. After they went under the knife, forget about it.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 PM
New At WSI

This trade is brutal. If the chairman spends for a SP then I will reevaluate. Big if, those new green seats coming next year are expensive. Next September after C. Lee hits his 30th and drives in his 100th we can all celebrate Podsednik laying down a beautiful bunt to move Timo into scoring position. (Only to be stranded there by an Everett pop up and a Konerko strikeout.) Silver lining is that Lee gets to face Cub pitching 18 times this year.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:58 PM
WSI High Priest

I like CLee a lot and wish him the best...but wow...this new found love for him is unreal. It's like he is a perennial all-star or something.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard
This trade is brutal. If the chairman spends for a SP then I will reevaluate. Big if, those new green seats coming next year are expensive. Next September after C. Lee hits his 30th and drives in his 100th we can all celebrate Podsednik laying down a beautiful bunt to move Timo into scoring position. (Only to be stranded there by an Everett pop up and a Konerko strikeout.) Silver lining is that Lee gets to face Cub pitching 18 times this year.
That situation will happen alot next year..............
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM
WSI Regular

If you guys get a pitcher with money saved, then it's a push for you guys. Either way, we win. I'm not quite sure what Williams was thinking, I'm also surprised he didn't get Doug Davis or someone instead of Vizcaino.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewerfan
If you guys get a pitcher with money saved, then it's a push for you guys. Either way, we win. I'm not quite sure what Williams was thinking, I'm also surprised he didn't get Doug Davis or someone instead of Vizcaino.
You don't "win" anything until-
The season is played at least half way through.
and
We see who the player to be named later is.

Come back when CLee gets picked off third base with 1 out. Or tries to throw out a runner on a sac fly.

He is a good player, but let's wait until the season plays out before we declare the winner.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Closed Thread