White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
WSI Personality

Default Trade Response

Whats up everyone... i've been a long time reader of this website and I decided i need to get in on the sox talk once and for all. I'm away at school so i don't have access to WSCR or some of the other media outlets i love to getsox news from..... I've read Jay MORONotti's collumn on the net this morning, but what are some of the responses.... namely Boers and Bernstien....

Thanks guys, i hope this is the first of many posts...
Old 12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardiWasHere
Whats up everyone... i've been a long time reader of this website and I decided i need to get in on the sox talk once and for all. I'm away at school so i don't have access to WSCR or some of the other media outlets i love to getsox news from..... I've read Jay MORONotti's collumn on the net this morning, but what are some of the responses.... namely Boers and Bernstien....

I only listened to B&B briefly today (about 10 minutes during lunch) and they appeared to like the trade, especially if a SP is picked up with the extra money.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Banned

just some FYI, you can listen to espn 1000 online off their website. thats how i keep up with chicago sports.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
New At WSI

Default Player to be Named?

Anyone with infomration on the infamous PtbNL in this deal? 2b Keith Ginter was mentioned yesterday but never confirmed. Could it be (pending a physical) the Brewers SS (can't remember name) who was in winter ball rehabbing? Maybe it's Ben Sheets but KW wanted to piss everyone off initially only to come back a week later and say our SP pitching problems are now solved...LOL. Any word when we might find out?
-Buck
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweaversglove
Anyone with infomration on the infamous PtbNL in this deal? 2b Keith Ginter was mentioned yesterday but never confirmed. Could it be (pending a physical) the Brewers SS (can't remember name) who was in winter ball rehabbing? Maybe it's Ben Sheets but KW wanted to piss everyone off initially only to come back a week later and say our SP pitching problems are now solved...LOL. Any word when we might find out?
-Buck
Kenny Williams said it's going to be a minor league player.
And I could fly above beyond the forest
And join all the eagles, join my swift companions.

******* Epic Poems

Last edited by Realist; 12-14-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Probably a minor leaguer, who by MLB rules cant be named or traded until later in the year because of the way the contracts work. It most lkely won't be a name that any one except maybe some of the scouts might recognize... Anyone thinking Ginter or Sheets, is way off.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
WSI Prelate

B&B seem all for it - cuz of the flexibility it provides.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekijawa
Probably a minor leaguer, who by MLB rules cant be named or traded until later in the year because of the way the contracts work. It most lkely won't be a name that any one except maybe some of the scouts might recognize... Anyone thinking Ginter or Sheets, is way off.
Why couldn't the minor leaguer be named today? Didn't the Braves just trade one of their top minor leaguers to the Brewers to get Kolb a few days ago? Different contract situations? Or has KW just not decided which minor leaguer from the Brewers' system he wants?
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bittersweet. It's only sweet."

-Frank Thomas, 10/15/05
Old 12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdep524
Why couldn't the minor leaguer be named today? Didn't the Braves just trade one of their top minor leaguers to the Brewers to get Kolb a few days ago? Different contract situations? Or has KW just not decided which minor leaguer from the Brewers' system he wants?
I'll try and explain it a little better. It's like when a PLayer on a Major leage team signs as a FA with a team. That player can not be traded until Mid-May. Most likely the player has already been chosen by both teamsbut can not be announced until a certain date because of some rule. Or it could be a list of players that Kenny gets to pick from some time in the near future after a little more scouting or research is done... Either way it's not going to be any one close to major league ready, at least in the eyes of the Brewers.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardiWasHere

All hail The Rick
Old 12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

I like this trade, it essentially fills 3 holes for us. We have a leadoff hitter, one more addition to the bullpen, and it frees up money to complete our rotation. Carlos was probably our best overall player, but we have filling 3 holes by trading him. Hopefully it works our for both teams...all the best to carlos.