White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2005, 01:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Kelly did a hell of a job last May when he was on the team. He had a couple of really big hits in limited playing time.
He was also superb at lettings balls get through the five hole
Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
I was somewhat disappointed with Borchard's defense.
I was actually impressed by Borchard' defense. . . maybe I was just expecting little to begin with. As someone else put it, Joe's not graceful, but he can cover some ground, and he made some pretty nice plays agains the wall at the end of the year. . .
Old 01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

This guys a champion waiting in the wings.....give this guy another year......hell we've given Crede another.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

The thing that Joe needs right now is a new team. Give him a fresh start with a young club like the D-Rays or Pittsburgh. It maybe two or three more years before Joe gets any consideration to land even a 4th outfielder spot on this team. Currently, in the outfield, he is behind Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Perez, Escobar, and Everett. Trading Borchard would help not only the Sox, but Joe B. as well.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think Borchard is going to be 27 this year? He's past the potential stage. Plus he makes Crede look like Ted Williams at the plate. HE GONE (soon).
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

ive never bought into the "try hard" thing. trying hard doesnt mean your good, or are going to be good. i know a ton of people who tried hard on my baseball team, that doesnt mean they should get anything special for it. if you try hard and your talent improves, then good. but if you try hard and you sux (borchard), i dont care then, be gone.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake27
ive never bought into the "try hard" thing. trying hard doesnt mean your good, or are going to be good. i know a ton of people who tried hard on my baseball team, that doesnt mean they should get anything special for it. if you try hard and your talent improves, then good. but if you try hard and you sux (borchard), i dont care then, be gone.
There's a point where the Sox are going to need to cut ties with Joe if he doesn't get it together. I could care less if he can run like Mays and throw like Mantle with power similar to McGwire. He can't hit well.

I hope he gets it together this year.

Bob
Old 02-20-2005, 01:50 PM
WSI Regular

i wouldnt mind keeping him if he could run like mays and throw like mantle
Old 02-20-2005, 06:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeFan101

"You may run like Hayes, but you hit like ****."
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow

Gogol Bordello - "Ultimate"
Old 02-21-2005, 08:06 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeFan101
The problem is that he hits like Mendoza.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Where have you gone Joe Borchard?

Reading the articles today at WhiteSox.com about Anderson and Josh Fields (the 3rd baseman) got me thinking about Joe Borchard. I don't remember reading one word about Borchard in the short time they've been in Spring Training. Is Borchard at the Sox major league Spring Training, or is he with the minor leagues? Assuming Borchard won't be on the 25 man roster Opening Day, does he have any options left? Will this be Borchard's last season with the Sox organization?

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Reading the articles today at WhiteSox.com about Anderson and Josh Fields (the 3rd baseman) got me thinking about Joe Borchard. I don't remember reading one word about Borchard in the short time they've been in Spring Training. Is Borchard at the Sox major league Spring Training, or is he with the minor leagues? Assuming Borchard won't be on the 25 man roster Opening Day, does he have any options left? Will this be Borchard's last season with the Sox organization?
I think Borchard and Willie are going to be packaged in a trade.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
One more option year left.

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
One more option year left.
IMHO the Sox plan when they drafted Borchard was that Borchard would replace Ordonez in RF when Ordonez left as a FA. Unfortunately, Borchard failed, not because he didn't work at it, because he just can't hit the ball consistently. When Ordonez went down with the injury last season Borchard had his opportunity. FLOP!

Now Borchard will have play everyday in AAA. Now Borchard will be auditioning in AAA for his next team, that may come as a result of being traded or being let go by the Sox.

I'm very disappointed about Borchard. Borchard's failure doesn't seem to be a result of Borchard's effort or desire.

In an attempt to be positive...Maybe Borchard will start hitting and mashing the ball.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
IMHO the Sox plan when they drafted Borchard was that Borchard would replace Ordonez in RF when Ordonez left as a FA. Unfortunately, Borchard failed, not because he didn't work at it, because he just can't hit the ball consistently. When Ordonez went down with the injury last season Borchard had his opportunity. FLOP!

Now Borchard will have play everyday in AAA. Now Borchard will be auditioning in AAA for his next team, that may come as a result of being traded or being let go by the Sox.

I'm very disappointed about Borchard. Borchard's failure doesn't seem to be a result of Borchard's effort or desire.

In an attempt to be positive...Maybe Borchard will start hitting and mashing the ball.
I think Borchard could hit .500 with 12 HR in spring training and Kenny STILL wouldn't put him on the roster. They'll keep him in Charlotte another year in hopes he'll play well enough down there to have some trade value.