White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

Default Who is your favorite Sox minor leaguer?

I know alot of people (if they respond) will say Brandon McCarthy because of the numbers he put together last season, but is there a minor leaguer that you really want to see become successful at the major league level for a different reason?

I really want to see Arnie Munoz succeed because he is so little and I felt so bad for him when he made his debut in Montreal.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo=dorf
I know alot of people (if they respond) will say Brandon McCarthy because of the numbers he put together last season, but is there a minor leaguer that you really want to see become successful at the major league level for a different reason?

I really want to see Arnie Munoz succeed because he is so little and I felt so bad for him when he made his debut in Montreal.
There are a lot of "Great Guys" in the Sox Minor Leagues. Casey Rogowski is one of the most articulate and funny Minor Leaguers I've ever talked to, especially for a baseball player! Josh Fields, Valido, Chris Young... Chris Young just lights up the room and has everyone's attention...

Great young men to be around.

FAVORITE? Heck, how can you choose? Based on stats? Based on quality individuals?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
FAVORITE? Heck, how can you choose? Based on stats? Based on quality individuals?
Just for some other reason besides stats. Maybe if you know the guy (I went to school with Deininger and my friends went to school with Honel,) or if you had a nice personal experience with the player. Like I said, I felt so bad for Arnie during his MLB debut, I really hope he does well in the MLB so he won't be remembered for giving up 11 runs in 3 IP.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:13 PM
WSI Personality

Brian Anderson was pretty cool to the fans down in Spring Training. I've been a fan of his ever since.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:47 PM
WSI Regular

bmac, because we need SP
Old 10-11-2004, 05:15 PM
WSI Personality

I hesitate because my favorite minor leaguers always get traded (see Reed, Jeremy) but I'm going with Anderson. He seemed like a loose, funny guy in the spring and he is one heck of an athlete.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:40 PM
WSI High Priest

I kind of have a soft spot for Kris Honel. Catholic League pitcher, bright future, 1st round draft pick, etc.

I just hope that this injury can actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise by teaching the guy the meaning of adversity and perseverance before he even gets to the majors.

I would love to see this guy succeed. It would be a nice story for a Chicago area guy to overcome this stuff and contribute at the major league level with the White Sox.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:18 PM
WSI Personality

Anderson is great. Lots of guys are quality individuals. I can't pick a favorite but one guy I really root for though is Jeff Bajenaru. He is somewhat of an underdog and he is as humble as they come. Total class is how I would describe both him and his wife. Great people. Not a bonus baby. Not a sexy prospect. Just a guy that works hard and deserves a chance after getting his feet wet in September.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:34 AM
WSI Regular

I know he's not really a prospect and he's injured right now, but I'd love to see Danny Wright figure out his issues and come up and push Jon Garland next year. A few years back when they were both starting together it seemed that Wright had better stuff and a stronger mentality than Garland did, and I've been rooting for him ever since.

I know he's been pathetic ever since, but no one said I had to pick someone with good stats.

crc#4

Old 10-18-2004, 12:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Ray Liotta

"Not me!"
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

Willie Harris
Old 10-21-2004, 03:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Even though I've seen very little of him, I'm going to say Chris Young. I love his aggressive attitude on the field and he has a world of talent. Kind of reminds me of Mike Cameron.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Scott Bikowski......
Old 10-28-2004, 01:37 AM
WSI Regular

Mike Spidale, because if he's called up I can say one of my good friends knows a major leaguer . They played at Nazareth together.