White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2004, 07:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Just another night for Bmac!

Today for Birmingham he went 6 innings giving up 1 run on 6 hits, with 8 k's and 0 walks. This guy is out of this world.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:26 PM
WSI High Priest

That should restore the faith that some lost over his last "shaky" outing at Birmingham.

I think you got to possibly think about him as a 5th starter at some point next year, especially if KW doesn't pull the trigger on anyone else.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 08-22-2004, 10:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
I think you got to possibly think about him as a 5th starter at some point next year, especially if KW doesn't pull the trigger on anyone else.
BMac probably has an outside shot at it, but I cant see the organization putting him in the 5th starter spot without pitching at AAA first because the transition from death valley Birmingham with AA hitters to bandbox Charlotte with AAA hitters is a large step in itself. It is true though that he did just fine pitching at the Winston-Salem park and that's just as much of a bandbox as Charlotte. I do see him however starting in AAA next year with a possiblity of getting called up if he is dominating there too or if we are in serious need. I see KW getting another really good starter anyways, so he might have to leapfrog Garland in order to be in our rotation.
First Pennant in 46 years CHECK
First World Series in 88 years CHECK
Old 08-22-2004, 11:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKARNO
BMac probably has an outside shot at it, but I cant see the organization putting him in the 5th starter spot without pitching at AAA first because the transition from death valley Birmingham with AA hitters to bandbox Charlotte with AAA hitters is a large step in itself. It is true though that he did just fine pitching at the Winston-Salem park and that's just as much of a bandbox as Charlotte. I do see him however starting in AAA next year with a possiblity of getting called up if he is dominating there too or if we are in serious need. I see KW getting another really good starter anyways, so he might have to leapfrog Garland in order to be in our rotation.
Sox (and many other teams) often skip their best pitching prospects from AA too the majors.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
That should restore the faith that some lost over his last "shaky" outing at Birmingham.

Nobody was down on him. I hope you're kidding. Pointing out what he needs to improve on to keep moving up and succeeding is entirely different from 'losing faith.'

settle down, Francis.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Nobody was down on him. I hope you're kidding. Pointing out what he needs to improve on to keep moving up and succeeding is entirely different from 'losing faith.'

settle down, Francis.
You stole my thunder...... but then again somebody always has to be a drama queen and make up stuff that is not there, so I should have expected it.

Much better outing from Brandon tonight. HE threw a handful of changeups, but threw them at important times and threw them well. He struck out Fielder on a changeup with runners on, after Fielder had fouled off 3 or 4 and worked the count full. It was a great AB and a ballsy move to throw the change (might have been his first one of the night, not sure) in that spot.

I still think he is too predictable but that will come with time. He is very traditional in getting ahead with the fastball and then going to the curveball when he has two strikes. He'll have to learn to work backward some and learn to double up on the curveball, as well as double up with the fastball inside. It seems that he goes back to the fastball up or away after throwing one of the above. That will come in time and with a catcher who learns what he can do.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:57 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68

settle down, Francis.
You are the queen at telling people to settle down here. Look in the mirror.

My comment was said in jest. The overreaction by some, especially in a Sox "down" time like the present, can cause people to have a negative view of EVERYTHING about the Sox.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:36 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKARNO
they shouldnt do that IMO. they should let him pitch a FULL season in char. before calling him up. also, they should let him put some more meat on that body. IIRC, hes like 210 now, it would be better if he could get up to 225, 230, add some velocity to that fast ball
Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
You are the queen at telling people to settle down here. Look in the mirror.

My comment was said in jest. The overreaction by some, especially in a Sox "down" time like the present, can cause people to have a negative view of EVERYTHING about the Sox.
There's a color for sarcasm. It's called "teal".

There wasn't the faintest hint of "humor" in your posts, sorry if I can't tell the tone of your voice via a message board.

Queen of the board? Please. Try bringing something worth discussion to the table before throwing spitballs.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

I think it would be a disservice to the guy to throw him into the fire next year like they did to Diaz and Munoz this year. Maybe a start or two in late September '05 if we're out of contention, but asking any more out of him seems like a reach.

Give him a full season in Charlotte in '05, and give him a chance to win a starting spot in Spring Training '06 if he continues to dazzle in Charlotte in '05.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:41 PM
WSI Personality

With regards to BMac in the big leagues, I'd love to have him spent all/most of next year in AAA and defintiely FINISH THERE. This move, when combined with KW getting another good starter and us dumping Judy after next year, would mean that the sox would not have to look at upgrading their rotation until after the 2006 season.

Wow.