White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2004, 01:05 PM
WSI Personality

Default Is there a chance that Bmac starts next yr in Char?

since he just got promoted to the barons, is there a chance that he will start next yr in char. if he continues to do what hes been doing? or will the sox want him to pitch a full year of AA ball?
Old 08-13-2004, 03:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibharu
since he just got promoted to the barons, is there a chance that he will start next yr in char. if he continues to do what hes been doing? or will the sox want him to pitch a full year of AA ball?
I hope he does start in Charlotte next year. This guy seems to be one of those guys who is so dominant that a season of AA ball would be only delaying him. Maybe Kenny Williams is thinking more along the lines of '07 for this guy, but I wouldn't mind giving him a serious audition in Spring Training '06.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:42 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Barring an amazing spring, BMac will definitely start the year throwing in Birmingham. If he continues to progress, he will certainly start in Charlotte by the end of the year, the question is how fast. He's going to have to have a couple solid months in AA before they consider it. Charlotte talk is a bit premature at this point. As great as he is, BMac still hasnt thrown a pitch in AA. Although I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers stayed the same as he is moving from a hitter's park to a pitcher's park.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:04 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
Barring an amazing spring, BMac will definitely start the year throwing in Birmingham. If he continues to progress, he will certainly start in Charlotte by the end of the year, the question is how fast. He's going to have to have a couple solid months in AA before they consider it. Charlotte talk is a bit premature at this point. As great as he is, BMac still hasnt thrown a pitch in AA. Although I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers stayed the same as he is moving from a hitter's park to a pitcher's park.
BTW how old is he? 20?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:17 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
BTW how old is he? 20?
Old 08-14-2004, 10:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
Turned 21 earlier this year, he's a young 21, lol!