White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Bmac dominates again!

Not really a surprise but today Bmac went 8 innings giving up 4 hits, no runs, 8 k's, and of course no walks.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:15 PM
WSI Regular

McCarthy is really dominating in W-S. He's now 6-0 in 8 starts with a 2.08 ERA and an eye-popping 60k:3bb. He has pitched absolutely unconcious the last three starts: 3-0 ,22 ip, 1 ER, O BB, 32k, and 7 hits. He's allowed the same number of BASERUNNERS in his last three STARTS as Diaz allowed run in less then 3 INNINGS. This kid is amazing. What is there left for him at W-S. I know they are in a pennant race, but so is Birmingham and BMac is definitely deserving. Also, Baseball America has him something like 7 on their hot sheet.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
McCarthy is really dominating in W-S. He's now 6-0 in 8 starts with a 2.08 ERA and an eye-popping 60k:3bb. He has pitched absolutely unconcious the last three starts: 3-0 ,22 ip, 1 ER, O BB, 32k, and 7 hits. He's allowed the same number of BASERUNNERS in his last three STARTS as Diaz allowed run in less then 3 INNINGS. This kid is amazing. What is there left for him at W-S. I know they are in a pennant race, but so is Birmingham and BMac is definitely deserving. Also, Baseball America has him something like 7 on their hot sheet.
Yeah, his numbers are just sick and your right he's 7 on the hotsheet. I don't think they'll move him up to Birmingham this year, I think he'll stay in Winston Salem for the rest of the year and then start next year in Birmingham but I could be wrong about that.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:30 PM
WSI High Priest

I don't think there's any question that he's ready to move up to the next level. To leave him in High-A for the rest of the year would be a waste of 2 months in my opinion. Let him go up to AA right now.

Any Chance he starts next year at AAA Charlotte?
First Pennant in 46 years CHECK
First World Series in 88 years CHECK
Old 08-11-2004, 03:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKARNO
I don't think there's any question that he's ready to move up to the next level. To leave him in High-A for the rest of the year would be a waste of 2 months in my opinion. Let him go up to AA right now.

KARNO, I completely agree with you, just imo I think he's left in Winston Salem to finish the year off but once again I definitely could be wrong about that.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Yeah. Send him to Charlotte next year. The guy doesn't need AA ball. 60 K, 3 BB?

This guy can skip AA with those kind of dominant peripheral stats. Actually, screw the peripheral stats, his ERA is good enough on its own merit to warrant a AAA spot.

I see this guy giving Garland a SERIOUS run for the money in Spring Training '06 if he can dominate in Charlotte.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney
Yeah. Send him to Charlotte next year. The guy doesn't need AA ball. 60 K, 3 BB?

This guy can skip AA with those kind of dominant peripheral stats. Actually, screw the peripheral stats, his ERA is good enough on its own merit to warrant a AAA spot.

I see this guy giving Garland a SERIOUS run for the money in Spring Training '06 if he can dominate in Charlotte.
hopefully we wont have garland then
Old 08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibharu
No, hopefully we will have Garland by then....performing like a young Mussina.

But not before we re-sign him to a long-term deal at a bargain basement price in '05, naturally,
Old 08-11-2004, 03:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimm
No, hopefully we will have Garland by then....performing like a young Mussina.

Mussina? i thought he is supposed to be a kevin brown!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Mussina? i thought he is supposed to be a kevin brown!
No, you need both testicles to be Kevin Brown.

Mussina, on the other hand.....
Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
WSI High Priest

There are pitchers that are ready earlier than others, BMAC might be the case. I think we could see him Sept. of next year with numbers like those.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
And - why is that?
Old 08-11-2004, 04:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
I think we could see him Sept. of next year with numbers like those.
That's kind of what I was thinking too.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Actually there are only 22 days left in the minor league season.... plus playoffs......

At most he will get 6 or 7 more starts regardless of whether he is in W-S or Birmingham.

That said, I DO think you will see him in Birmingham very soon. I originally thought they would leave the rosters they way they were, but I think the Sox keeping Diaz will change that. Call it a hunch, but he could be starting in Montgomery next Monday...... or he could just go up for a spot start and go back down, since the Barons have 5 games in 4 days @ Huntsville next weekend (21st-24th). I'll welcome the opportunity to see him pitch if he comes this way.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:57 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
There are pitchers that are ready earlier than others, BMAC might be the case. I think we could see him Sept. of next year with numbers like those.
Yes, but it's not necessarily the numbers themselves (hi, Jeremy!) as much as it is HOW they were attained. A lot of excellent minor leaguers can't begin to translate the success into the bigs and leave the box-score readers scatching their heads.

MaCarthy appears to be one of the few whose (rapidly improving) stuff/command/makeup is highly projectable....if he stays healthy and continues to progress ahead of the curve, knock on wood.