Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
WSI Personality

Default Anybody else think that the everett trade is gonna hurt us?

i think that the second everett deal is gonna come back to haunt us. given a consistent chance in Mtl. I think that rauch is gonna be a pretty decent 4th or 5th starter(he already beat petitte and the stros!) , and I know that majewski has been bouncing around throughout his career, but he has closer stuff. and everett isnt exacltly lighting the world on fire either. also i think that this deal is gonna hurt us financially, since everett is probably gonna take his 4.5 mil option next yr. and prevent us from signing a "grinder" like Cat or hairston. but what else can you expect when a moron like KW is running your team?!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibharu
i think that the second everett deal is gonna come back to haunt us. given a consistent chance in Mtl. I think that rauch is gonna be a pretty decent 4th or 5th starter(he already beat petitte and the stros!) , and I know that majewski has been bouncing around throughout his career, but he has closer stuff. and everett isnt exacltly lighting the world on fire either. also i think that this deal is gonna hurt us financially, since everett is probably gonna take his 4.5 mil option next yr. and prevent us from signing a "grinder" like Cat or hairston. but what else can you expect when a moron like KW is running your team?!!!
No.

Robert M. Knight
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

all year long i've been thinking rauch looks more major league ready than diaz. i still just don't get why he sat on the bench for 2 weeks after he had that rather good start against cleveland right before the cubs series. he seemed like our best fifth starter option, but never pitched again.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:25 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Wow take it easy! KW just obtained 2 pretty damn good pitchers. If you want to point the finger it starts and ends with Reinsdorf.
As far as the Bears 4-12 wait and see I'm thinking at least 8-8.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
(he already beat petitte and the stros!)
So has everyone else this year...the astros suck.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:39 PM
WSI Personality

[QUOTE=39thandWallace] KW just obtained 2 pretty damn good pitchers. .
QUOTE] the jury is still out on both of them, especially contreras.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

This trade didn't hurt us a bit. Besdies, Diaz has showed so much promise.
SOX
TV 32
Sponsored by MEISTER BRAU Beer
Old 08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
WSI High Priest

[QUOTE=habibharu]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39thandWallace
KW just obtained 2 pretty damn good pitchers. .
The jury is out on Freddy Garcia? Are you kidding me.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=habibharu]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39thandWallace
KW just obtained 2 pretty damn good pitchers. .
but we're assuming jon rauch would have been even passable for us, never mind what he does in nowhere-nopressure land up north?

Old 08-10-2004, 05:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquaye149

hmm, i can usually figure out these goofy internet acronym statement things, but this one's got me confused.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj
hmm, i can usually figure out these goofy internet acronym statement things, but this one's got me confused.
give me a f'ing break
Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Yes, I think that we could regret it, primarily because it isn't clear where Everett will fit next year. I've never been a great supporter of KW, but the trade made good sense at the time it was made.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxtalker
Yes, I think that we could regret it, primarily because it isn't clear where Everett will fit next year. I've never been a great supporter of KW, but the trade made good sense at the time it was made.
If Everett gets 100% healthy to play the field, I think he will be our starting right fielder next season.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The Sox needed to get another bat and it made sense to go for it at the time the trade was made. With that said, I do think Rauch is going to be a decent MLB pitcher - I would have rather kept him and dealt Diaz (who also probably had more trade value).
Old 08-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMEN OF 77
This trade didn't hurt us a bit. Besdies, Diaz has showed so much promise.
where? he's shown that he STINKS in the bigs so far.