Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2004, 04:53 AM
WSI Prelate

Default Catcher

I am surprised. KW didn't get Kendall, he wasn't involved in the LoDuca trades. And he wasn't involved in the Charles johnson sale.

Any chance a Kendall deal could happen after he trade deadline?

Alslo no movement for Carlos Beltran - is he a possible candidate for a trade in the next few weeks
Old 08-01-2004, 07:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
I am surprised. KW didn't get Kendall, he wasn't involved in the LoDuca trades. And he wasn't involved in the Charles johnson sale.

Alslo no movement for Carlos Beltran - is he a possible candidate for a trade in the next few weeks
Well, all players must pass through waivers before they can be traded now. There is no way on God's green Earth that none of the 29 other teams aren't going to make a waiver claim for Beltran, so he likely won't be traded.

Jason Kendall however.... I was thinking about this last night. There is a pretty good chance he might pass through waivers, given the size of his contract, which could make him very trade-able. I hope KW is still on the situation, because he would still be a nice pick up for '04 and beyond (given the Bucos pick up some of his contract).
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bittersweet. It's only sweet."

-Frank Thomas, 10/15/05
Old 08-01-2004, 07:57 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdep524
Well, all players must pass through waivers before they can be traded now. There is no way on God's green Earth that none of the 29 other teams aren't going to make a waiver claim for Beltran, so he likely won't be traded.

Jason Kendall however.... I was thinking about this last night. There is a pretty good chance he might pass through waivers, given the size of his contract, which could make him very trade-able. I hope KW is still on the situation, because he would still be a nice pick up for '04 and beyond (given the Bucos pick up some of his contract).
I hope the Sox go after Kendall. He probably can be had cheap and Pittsburgh will probably pick up some of his salary.

Bob
Old 08-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41
I hope the Sox go after Kendall. He probably can be had cheap and Pittsburgh will probably pick up some of his salary.

Bob
He would be a nice pickup. I think any trade KW makes now should be made for players with years remaining on their deals. If they can contribute this year, that's a bonus, but realistically, unless they know Frank and/or Maggs is coming back within a few weeks, they should be preparing to win next year.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by samram
He would be a nice pickup. I think any trade KW makes now should be made for players with years remaining on their deals. If they can contribute this year, that's a bonus, but realistically, unless they know Frank and/or Maggs is coming back within a few weeks, they should be preparing to win next year.
Kendall has 4 years left on his contract.

Bob
Old 08-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

Bob
Right, that's why Kendall would be a good, worthwhile pickup. Rent-a-players aren't worth it now.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:41 AM
WSI Personality

The Sox will need to make a mini run in a positive direction before that kind of move is made. I like Kendall short term, but I am not 100% sold he would be worth the money he is getting down the road.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:48 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:

Bob
If Maggs & Frank had stayed healthy, KW would've gone after Kendall full blast to win the pennant now. With those two devastating injuries, the sense of urgency was gone.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:

We don't know thats true that KW was'nt in there attempting to get a Paul Laduca or even Kendall , yesterday was the 1st time I heard that we all but had Carlos Delgado buthe vetoed the trade & I heard that we trying to trade Loaiza to the mets for those prospects they sent to Florida, so who really knows what was taking place, but I for one am glad KW did'nt trade anymore of our prospects , I think we sent way to many off already and don't have anything to show for it.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:00 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxBob
We don't know thats true that KW was'nt in there attempting to get a Paul Laduca or even Kendall , yesterday was the 1st time I heard that we all but had Carlos Delgado buthe vetoed the trade & I heard that we trying to trade Loaiza to the mets for those prospects they sent to Florida, so who really knows what was taking place, but I for one am glad KW did'nt trade anymore of our prospects , I think we sent way to many off already and don't have anything to show for it.
We don't know what he was trying to do - that's true. I hope a Kendall deal can still happen.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:50 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
KW may have inquired and was told that Kendall won't waive his trade clause for a non-west coast team.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:26 PM
WSI High Priest

As I mentioned about a week ago, IMHO Kendall's contract makes him an excellent candidate to clear waivers. The same goes for Randy Johnson and Charles Johnson. OTOH, I seriously doubt that JR will authorize enough money for KW to get any of these players, even if the other teams sends a boat-load of cash.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

JR will not approve $$ for Kendall given the way the team is currently playing. Adding Kendall does not single handedly put the Sox in the WS.

If Maggs and Frank could make it back and they go on a role, maybe. But then again, they likely will not be back any time soon.

It doesn't look so good.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
WSI Guru

Kendall will be on the waiver-wire. He may still end up somewhere besides Pittsburgh.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:40 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
As I mentioned about a week ago, IMHO Kendall's contract makes him an excellent candidate to clear waivers. The same goes for Randy Johnson and Charles Johnson. OTOH, I seriously doubt that JR will authorize enough money for KW to get any of these players, even if the other teams sends a boat-load of cash.
I don't think RJ would clear waivers, and he'd never approve a deal to Chicago regardless of what JR does or does not authorize. And CJ has refused to waive his no-trade clause as well. Kendall would definitely clear waivers, and there's a good reason for that. His contract is an albatross that no franchise wants. If KW acquires him, I will be furious. I don't care if Kendall could help us this year. There is no way on earth that he is worth $12 million a year over the next four years or whatever the hell it is he's being paid. That would cripple us from filling a much more pressing need, namely pitching. It costs money to get good pitchers, and I'll take good pitchers every day of the week over an offensive-minded catcher.