White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2004, 08:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default In Case anyone didn't know Bmac is good, strikeouts 16 tonight

Bmac tonight, 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 walks, 16 k's.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Ugh, mods can you chance it to 16 strikeouts not 16 strikesout.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:42 PM
WSI Personality

Brandon is 12-5, 3.39 on the year between Kannapolis and Winston-Salem.

In 21 starts, he has pitched 130 innings, given up 106 hits and 24 walks, while striking out 157. Hitters are batting .232 against him.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEO Magglio
Ugh, mods can you chance it to 16 strikeouts not 16 strikesout.
Oh man I'm an idiot, o well just leave it how it is, so everyone can see how dumb I am.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Hudler
Brandon is 12-5, 3.39 on the year between Kannapolis and Winston-Salem.

In 21 starts, he has pitched 130 innings, given up 106 hits and 24 walks, while striking out 157. Hitters are batting .232 against him.
This guys stats are out of this world. His k/bb rate is just absurd. Rex, I know he features a good fastball and good curve anyone else have a scouting report on him?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
This guys stats are out of this world. His k/bb rate is just absurd. Rex, I know he features a good fastball and good curve anyone else have a scouting report on him?
Yeah. His K/BB is really just sick. I just hope he continues to advance relatively quickly and limits the long ball. If so, he'll be in great shape.

.252/.316/.343 for Seattle in 2005

23 for 58 with 4 2Bs, 7 BBs, and 3 SBs for Seattle in 2004

.305/.366/.455 with 13 SB in 15 Attempts at AAA Tacoma in 2004
Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyb1
Yeah. His K/BB is really just sick. I just hope he continues to advance relatively quickly and limits the long ball. If so, he'll be in great shape.
Jeremy, we agree on something, I guess miracles do happen
Old 08-02-2004, 09:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
His "out pitch" is some sort of cutter. Brandon's most lethal weapon on the mound is his attitude though. The kid might not be blessed with a 95 mph fastball, but he attacks hitters like Black Jack McDowell. He's a fighter, not a nibbler.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:45 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
His "out pitch" is some sort of cutter. Brandon's most lethal weapon on the mound is his attitude though. The kid might not be blessed with a 95 mph fastball, but he attacks hitters like Black Jack McDowell. He's a fighter, not a nibbler.
Actually he has had a steady climb in velocity and now hits 95 on ocassion. He was hitting 96 two starts ago, although from what I heard the gun was wound a little tight that night.

Still, he is pitching in the 93 MPH range, and I think when all is said and done, will be in the 95 MPH range.

His best pitch is his fastball, which sets up all his other pitches nicely. The curve is definately his strikeout pitch, although he would like to get more and more from the fastball, especially now that its got some juice. He has tremendous control of it.

The changeup is new to his arsenal. He has a new grip that he uses and throws it very effective. He has plus command of all three pitches.

The guy is a tremendous prospect, even if Baseball America and some of the other publications don't talk about him. How many people talked about Mark Buehrle and Magglio Ordonez????

Oh ya, Blackjack comparisons have started to definately come up. Two games ago Winston Salem's announcers were comparing him to Prior, in the sense that he is so stinking polished.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:09 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
Actually he has had a steady climb in velocity and now hits 95 on ocassion. He was hitting 96 two starts ago, although from what I heard the gun was wound a little tight that night.

Still, he is pitching in the 93 MPH range, and I think when all is said and done, will be in the 95 MPH range.

His best pitch is his fastball, which sets up all his other pitches nicely. The curve is definately his strikeout pitch, although he would like to get more and more from the fastball, especially now that its got some juice. He has tremendous control of it.

The changeup is new to his arsenal. He has a new grip that he uses and throws it very effective. He has plus command of all three pitches.

The guy is a tremendous prospect, even if Baseball America and some of the other publications don't talk about him. How many people talked about Mark Buehrle and Magglio Ordonez????

Oh ya, Blackjack comparisons have started to definately come up. Two games ago Winston Salem's announcers were comparing him to Prior, in the sense that he is so stinking polished.
He'll climb the prospect charts after this season.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Banned

I thought I saw something that Prior's form is the reason he keeps getting injured. I know I remember reading that on WSI.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan76
I thought I saw something that Prior's form is the reason he keeps getting injured. I know I remember reading that on WSI.
Was it the article in the daily herald about how his mechanics strain his elbow? It had a discussion by Mike Marshall in it analyzing his mechanics. It was quite interesting.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Does anyone want to take wagers on that 95 mph velocity being 88 when we see him in the bigs?

I'll give you 10 to 1.

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 08-03-2004, 03:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
Does anyone want to take wagers on that 95 mph velocity being 88 when we see him in the bigs?

I'll give you 10 to 1.
I'm skeptical on that reading as well. Every scouting report has Brian in the 89-92 range. He's not a power pitcher.

I suppose that he could add some mph as he gets older, he is a very young man after all. But you never know...
Old 08-03-2004, 03:25 PM
WSI High Priest

This guy has some phenomenal peripheral stats. He should be on the fast track through this organization with the kind of heat he throws and his excellent command of his offspeed stuff.

We don't have too many farmhands that look like they can throw 3 legit pitches for strikes, so I would think that this guy will be promoted next year.

Is this guy playing winter ball this year?