Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Banned

Default KW press conference?

For those of us who cant see it or listen to it can someone please post what KW is saying and what is basically going on.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Hopefully it didn't begin with "Anyone who thinks we can catch Minnesota..."
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 07-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish
Hopefully it didn't begin with "Anyone who thinks we can catch Minnesota..."
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT!
Old 07-23-2004, 04:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynach
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT!
I doin't even mind that since that's stuff within the control of the organization (i.e. who you draft & develop).

But 2 of the best offensive players in the game, right after makng a deal that should have solidifed our status as a WS frtonrunner.......that's just bad luck, which sucks.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Chill out man.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
WSI Personality

I fell asleep, They said K-dub was having a press conference at 4:00.

Did they already do it or s it coming up?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Old 07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Careful. You may start to sound like a Cubs fan. Even without Frank and Maggs, I still have faith that this team can make it. One of our biggest problems was relying on the long ball. Without two big power hitters, maybe we will be forced to play small ball and learn to win when the homerun is out, so that when Frank and Maggs return we are a highly tuned killing machine!
Old 07-23-2004, 04:46 PM
WSI Prelate

"Jeremy Reed will be a #2 or a #8/#9 type hitter. Borchard will produce in the middle of the lineup"

"We are going to have to get through the next month"

"THEY CAN'T PLAY HERE" - (re: Cubs playing in USCF)

"It's over my head - call the governor."
Old 07-23-2004, 04:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
"Jeremy Reed will be a #2 or a #8/#9 type hitter. Borchard will produce in the middle of the lineup"

"We are going to have to get through the next month"

"THEY CAN'T PLAY HERE" - (re: Cubs playing in USCF)

"It's over my head - call the governor."
What the hell was question #4? Asking Kenny to stay someone's execution?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

So far no official transactions have been listed on the mlb website. Why wouldn't there be a reference to Magglio being placed on the DL or Borchard being called up? I also wonder if KW is holding off on the press conference because he is trying to finalize a trade? How certain are we that Borchard is being called up?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
Careful. You may start to sound like a Cubs fan. Even without Frank and Maggs, I still have faith that this team can make it. One of our biggest problems was relying on the long ball. Without two big power hitters, maybe we will be forced to play small ball and learn to win when the homerun is out, so that when Frank and Maggs return we are a highly tuned killing machine!
And you accuse Joeynach of sounding like a Cubs fan?? Unfettered optimism in the face of bad news, now THAT'S Cubs-fan-like! I'm not convinced the Sox can't still win, but ... to suggest that losing their best two players is somehow going to transform the other guys on the team into small ball experts is nuts. You can't play small ball unless you have guys that get on base a lot, which the Sox don't really have. They just don't have the guys for it.

Nonetheless, with Lee, Konerko, Everett and Valentin, the Sox still have more power than the Twins or most other teams. I'm concerned that those guys might start to press, trying to do more than they're capable of, to try to replace the 2 big guns.

And all you Ross Gload and Jamie Burke fans out there (if there are any left) are going to get to see up close and personal on a regular basis why those guys are career minor leaguers. Ugh.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Never mind my earlier post, I found the press release.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ne..._cws&fext=.jsp
Old 07-23-2004, 04:54 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by infohawk
So far no official transactions have been listed on the mlb website. Why wouldn't there be a reference to Magglio being placed on the DL or Borchard being called up? I also wonder if KW is holding off on the press conference because he is trying to finalize a trade? How certain are we that Borchard is being called up?
I believe he said Borchard is being called up - but that wouldn't stop him from being traded.

Kendall, Benson, Simon for something?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
I believe he said Borchard is being called up - but that wouldn't stop him from being traded.

Kendall, Benson, Simon for something?
Resign Maggs, then deal Borchard+Munoz for Kendall+Benson+Simon+cash