White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2004, 05:32 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
I've heard a rumor he's actually had a sore knee. I haven't been able to verify it, but we shall see. I hope it's a trade because the big guy's seen his share of injuries.
Thats exactly the case. His knee has been bugging him from a bit. From every indication I've heard, some on the Sox staff aren't too pleased with the way he pitches (his mental approach).

Don't be surprised if he's sent out (I don't think any of us would be). However it be unfair to blame him for his last start in which he got shelled (he hadn't pitched in like 3 weeks).
Old 07-16-2004, 10:54 PM
WSI Regular

some on the sox staff dont like the way he pitches?? (mentally) jeez - hes basically told what pitch to throw and where.

anyhow - rauch actually has a serious enough injury to his knee that he was sent to the doc - who decided that its not serious enought to get and mri - but serious enough to miss a start and stay off it for a few days.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:34 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsphog
some on the sox staff dont like the way he pitches?? (mentally) jeez - hes basically told what pitch to throw and where.

anyhow - rauch actually has a serious enough injury to his knee that he was sent to the doc - who decided that its not serious enought to get and mri - but serious enough to miss a start and stay off it for a few days.
+

In short they don't like the way he goes about pitching. He usually is afraid of the hitters and falls behind in the count or at least thats what I was told by someone high up in the organization that deals with pitching. The Sox want their pitchers to attack hitters (its the organizational philosphy I guess) and he's not really doing it.

He falls behind or tries to really nitpick the zone.