Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default Worst Lineup Ever!!

Thats all i have to say, its is!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
WSI Regular

I couldn't tell I was too busy falling asleep on my couch. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Anyone who paid money to go to this game deserves a refund. If you're reading this and you went, I'm truly sorry!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:24 AM
WSI Regular

i agree - absolutely embarrassing - i bet the beer sales tonight were throught the roof. i know i would've had had a few to drown my sorrows. i actually thought i might have been watching the expos game by accident - than i realized that the expos were actually able to score 2 runs.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk
Anyone who paid money to go to this game deserves a refund. If you're reading this and you went, I'm truly sorry!
Who's willing to start up a collection to get my $30 back? The game was awful from the start of the bottom of the first on.

Two days in a row. Maybe I should stop going...
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I was at the game tonight. Normally, I curse at people who attempt to start the wave and throw back home run balls. Unfortunately, my will to live was gone by the seventh inning, so I sat quietly while all the idiots around me participated in the wave.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfish
Who's willing to start up a collection to get my $30 back? The game was awful from the start of the bottom of the first on.

Two days in a row. Maybe I should stop going...
LOL mcfish, you and me both. At least yesterday there was some excitement about Freddie's first home start as he struck out the first 4 batters he faced. Todday there was jsut... nothing.

Actually, I don't know which is worse- yesterday's disappointment or today's disgust.

Also, any game in which Jamie Burke is the DH and Joe Crede is the #5 hitter should automatically be at least a half price day.
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bittersweet. It's only sweet."

-Frank Thomas, 10/15/05
Old 07-08-2004, 12:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98
I was at the game tonight. Normally, I curse at people who attempt to start the wave and throw back home run balls. Unfortunately, my will to live was gone by the seventh inning, so I sat quietly while all the idiots around me participated in the wave.
Wow, I felt exactly the same way. I couldn't even get into yelling at the guy who almost hit Juan Uribe in the head with a HR ball. Normally that's an argument I love to have.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfish
Wow, I felt exactly the same way. I couldn't even get into yelling at the guy who almost hit Juan Uribe in the head with a HR ball. Normally that's an argument I love to have.
Oh, damn I missed that. Although Uribe wouldn't have deserved that considering he actually got a hit. My favorite part of the pitiful night was when Schoenweiss got booed after he gave up the first hr. Maybe they were booing the guy who hit it but I know I was booing Schoenweiss. Ugh... refund please.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:39 AM
WSI Regular

I was at the game and it didnt seem like people were booing schoney. On that hr that almost hit uribe, Paulie picked it up and gave it to anderson because it was his 200th, which I could see as an exception to throwing it back, but I doubt that fan realized that garret anderson would like to have that ball.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
5 x $28 is what it cost me last night. It could have cost me another $11 a ticket because I tried to upgrade to the club box section at the ticket window yesterday morning. Turns out you can't upgrade until you get into the park so I said screw it.

Reinsy missed out on $55
Old 07-08-2004, 08:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

yes,its nights like last night when i sit there feeling sorry for myself and start getting angry because the players are makings millions to play and i'm actually spending quite a lot of money to go..and i have to drive back and forth 100 miles <--