White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2004, 09:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Bi-Polar Bostonians Going Bug-Nuts

You thought White Sox fans were bad? Check out the 48 pages of fans venting and raging against Nomar, Terry, Theo and the rest of the doomed Red Sox gang in today's online Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/message...104/msg1.shtml

Here's my favourites:

Quote:
This team is GARBAGE. There is plenty of time left and all, but I guarantee that no championship team in the history of baseball have endured a stretch this bad. Who would have thought that the team would get worse when Blomar got back? Theo needs to trade him immediately before he sabotages the entire season. Pretty funny they had a show the other night that debated who was better, Nomar or Jeter? HAHAHA. Thank god for the Patriots, a REAL team with heart and a LEADER. Francona is the worst manager in recent history, and he needs to be canned. PLEASE Theo, do what the fans want and the players NEED and FIRE FRANCONA. At least Grady put a strong season together.
Depressed, Swampscott
Quote:
HAHAHAHA Moneyball. Theo 'I've never played a game of Pro Ball in my Life' Epstein needs to put down the guitar and computer and learn to put together a team that is fundamentally sound. Run, bunt, play defense...etc. Expecations can kill a team. Time to face the facts that this team over acheived last year and this is what they really are.
Rob, Quincy, MA
Quote:
The Red Sox are done again. This time it is much earlier than in years past. The curse goes on and has stricken the Sox defense. What a promising year it seemed to be. Coming off a powerhouse hitting season then improving our pitching staff along with a new manager and an aggressive owner who could match ole George boy. I fully expected the Sox to win a world series. I was blind sided by the A-Rod deal. That should have been my tip off. But once again trying to believe, I was let down. Lets face it fellow sox fans. The curse goes on and I dont think in my life time I will ever see a world series winner come from Boston. Time to look forward to the Patriots and gather our third world championship in 4 years. Doesn't that sound sweet. To bad Red Sox players. You can buy tickets at Gillette Stadium to watch a winner like you could have been.
Sick of Sox fades, Hartsville,SC
Old 07-02-2004, 11:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk
You thought White Sox fans were bad? Check out the 48 pages of fans venting and raging against Nomar, Terry, Theo and the rest of the doomed Red Sox gang in today's online Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/message...104/msg1.shtml

Here's my favourites:
I'm glad White Sox fans aren't that crazy.Every season has ups and downs.Fortunately the "right" Sox are in an upswing,winners of
6 of their last 7.Keep it goin' guys!!Sweep that sCrUBbie love out of town.And while you're at it,take a certain scumbag cretin that calls himself a journalist and embarass him so much he's forced to quit writing his windsock articles.
Yeah,right.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:01 PM
WSI Regular

Wow!
Old 07-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXSINCE'70
I'm glad White Sox fans aren't that crazy.Every season has ups and downs.Fortunately the "right" Sox are in an upswing,winners of
6 of their last 7.Keep it goin' guys!!Sweep that sCrUBbie love out of town.And while you're at it,take a certain scumbag cretin that calls himself a journalist and embarass him so much he's forced to quit writing his windsock articles.
Yeah,right.
Had we spent that much money and still were not in first and got swept by the cubs\twins\cubs, i think we'd double their output and hanging effigies of Kenny williams from lamp posts.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Nomar Garcia-popup
And I could fly above beyond the forest
And join all the eagles, join my swift companions.

******* Epic Poems