White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 07:31 PM
WSI Personality

Default The Ultimate Spin master in Chicago

Did you hear hawk during his pick to click. Him and the ultimate spin master in chicago jay mariotti were going with joe crede.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Clean-up Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox56
Did you hear hawk during his pick to click. Him and the ultimate spin master in chicago jay mariotti were going with joe crede.
Hawk is starting something he wont win. Well, he might if he's trying to get his name out there because Jay will write a full page on how much of an ass he thinks Hawk is.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPinStripes
Hawk is starting something he wont win. Well, he might if he's trying to get his name out there because Jay will write a full page on how much of an ass he thinks Hawk is.
He may not win but this is at least the second time I have heard Hawk use Jay in his PTC. I think it is hilarious.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
He may not win but this is at least the second time I have heard Hawk use Jay in his PTC. I think it is hilarious.
It is funny and I hope Jay starts something with Hawk. Because you know Hawk wouldn't cower down from a shouting match.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:47 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSox8404
It is funny and I hope Jay starts something with Hawk. Because you know Hawk wouldn't cower down from a shouting match.
Since the sparring with Boers, Hawk hasn't made one reference to either Boers and Bernstein but has really started to get on Mariotti at times. This has started to escalate since Mariotti ripped on security at the Cell on Tuesday. He's made a Mariotti reference two nights in a row now. Does anyone else know of home team broadcasters across the country who call out local media? I've never ever heard anything like this before.

I am the "Voice" of Valparaiso University Volleyball.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by valposoxfan
Since the sparring with Boers, Hawk hasn't made one reference to either Boers and Bernstein but has really started to get on Mariotti at times. This has started to escalate since Mariotti ripped on security at the Cell on Tuesday. He's made a Mariotti reference two nights in a row now. Does anyone else know of home team broadcasters across the country who call out local media? I've never ever heard anything like this before.
From the accounts I read on WSI, it sounded as if the Boers and Bernstein thing was a misunderstanding instead of a real disagreement, whereas Mariotti really gets on his nerve. Also remember the rumors that the Sox could be moving radio broadcasts to the Score.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
WSI High Priest

Meh, I guess Hawk vs Mariotti will provide sufficent entertainment while I wait for Farmer vs Novak to start brewing.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
WSI Regular

Default Hawk on Moronotti

I was running back and forth between getting the kids ready for bed and watching the game.

Hawk referred to Moronotti twice as the SpinMeister. I stopped dead in my tracks to see if he would go further. He didn't - at least while I was watching.

Did anything come up during the commentary that I missed. I'm hoping that Hawk, in part of the telecast I missed, ripped on the Moron for being a windsock.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:49 AM
WSI Prelate

Hawk has to let it go...This Mariotti thing is out of control. He's a pud - who cares? Broadcast the game and stop worrying about Jay.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniwhitesox
I was running back and forth between getting the kids ready for bed and watching the game.

Hawk referred to Moronotti twice as the SpinMeister. I stopped dead in my tracks to see if he would go further. He didn't - at least while I was watching.

Did anything come up during the commentary that I missed. I'm hoping that Hawk, in part of the telecast I missed, ripped on the Moron for being a windsock.
During the click to pick, Hawk said that he and Chicago's very own, Jay Marriotti "the best spinmeister" are picking Crede (I think) as their click to pick. He followed it right up by repeating again the Marriotti is the Best Spinmeister ever!

TAKE HIM DOWN HAWK.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

Personally I like it, he seems to represent a good number of fans (not all, but a lot I would think) who have no voice and can say nothing to Jay on a bigger stage. I know it will only cause retaliation after retaliation but I like it. Kind of looking forward to the next salvo by Mariotti.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Hawk and Mariotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
Hawk has to let it go...This Mariotti thing is out of control. He's a pud - who cares? Broadcast the game and stop worrying about Jay.
I agree. Hawk acts like people actually listen to Mariotti. Harrelson has plenty to talk about during the game itself. Fans will make up their own minds about Mariotti, and from all appearances, have done that already.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Banned

Jose is the three run homerun Meister, I believe he refers to Mariotti as the Spin Master.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:26 AM
WSI Personality

Location: i may live in the western burbs, but my heart is in the southside

I don't Hawk taking shots at the Moron as long as he doesn't go off on some Jay-dissing tangent in the middle of an at bat.

I lost 50 pounds and 6 dress sizes on the Frank Thomas diet!!!!!!

http://www.xanga.com/layla239
Old 07-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidegirl
I don't Hawk taking shots at the Moron as long as he doesn't go off on some Jay-dissing tangent in the middle of an at bat.
I really like that Hawk will just sort of drop a name and then say no more. Those who are "out of the loop" probably wonder what is going on but I'd much rather have that than some 2 batter long rant.