White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-30-2004, 07:31 PM
chisox56 chisox56 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 602
Default The Ultimate Spin master in Chicago

Did you hear hawk during his pick to click. Him and the ultimate spin master in chicago jay mariotti were going with joe crede.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2004, 07:36 PM
RedPinStripes's Avatar
RedPinStripes RedPinStripes is offline
Clean-up Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Joliet,Il
Posts: 6,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox56
Did you hear hawk during his pick to click. Him and the ultimate spin master in chicago jay mariotti were going with joe crede.
Hawk is starting something he wont win. Well, he might if he's trying to get his name out there because Jay will write a full page on how much of an ass he thinks Hawk is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
itsnotrequired itsnotrequired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: new mexico!
Posts: 18,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPinStripes
Hawk is starting something he wont win. Well, he might if he's trying to get his name out there because Jay will write a full page on how much of an ass he thinks Hawk is.
He may not win but this is at least the second time I have heard Hawk use Jay in his PTC. I think it is hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2004, 10:57 PM
WSox8404 WSox8404 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southwest side of Chicago
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
He may not win but this is at least the second time I have heard Hawk use Jay in his PTC. I think it is hilarious.
It is funny and I hope Jay starts something with Hawk. Because you know Hawk wouldn't cower down from a shouting match.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2004, 01:47 AM
valposoxfan valposoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Addison, IL
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSox8404
It is funny and I hope Jay starts something with Hawk. Because you know Hawk wouldn't cower down from a shouting match.
Since the sparring with Boers, Hawk hasn't made one reference to either Boers and Bernstein but has really started to get on Mariotti at times. This has started to escalate since Mariotti ripped on security at the Cell on Tuesday. He's made a Mariotti reference two nights in a row now. Does anyone else know of home team broadcasters across the country who call out local media? I've never ever heard anything like this before.
__________________
Jerry, where's our winner and first class organization?

I am the "Voice" of Valparaiso University Volleyball.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2004, 06:56 AM
samram's Avatar
samram samram is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valposoxfan
Since the sparring with Boers, Hawk hasn't made one reference to either Boers and Bernstein but has really started to get on Mariotti at times. This has started to escalate since Mariotti ripped on security at the Cell on Tuesday. He's made a Mariotti reference two nights in a row now. Does anyone else know of home team broadcasters across the country who call out local media? I've never ever heard anything like this before.
From the accounts I read on WSI, it sounded as if the Boers and Bernstein thing was a misunderstanding instead of a real disagreement, whereas Mariotti really gets on his nerve. Also remember the rumors that the Sox could be moving radio broadcasts to the Score.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 5,831
Default

Meh, I guess Hawk vs Mariotti will provide sufficent entertainment while I wait for Farmer vs Novak to start brewing.
__________________
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
illiniwhitesox illiniwhitesox is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 156
Default Hawk on Moronotti

I was running back and forth between getting the kids ready for bed and watching the game.

Hawk referred to Moronotti twice as the SpinMeister. I stopped dead in my tracks to see if he would go further. He didn't - at least while I was watching.

Did anything come up during the commentary that I missed. I'm hoping that Hawk, in part of the telecast I missed, ripped on the Moron for being a windsock.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2004, 07:49 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,200
Default

Hawk has to let it go...This Mariotti thing is out of control. He's a pud - who cares? Broadcast the game and stop worrying about Jay.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
BeerHandle BeerHandle is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Loop (Chicago)
Posts: 879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniwhitesox
I was running back and forth between getting the kids ready for bed and watching the game.

Hawk referred to Moronotti twice as the SpinMeister. I stopped dead in my tracks to see if he would go further. He didn't - at least while I was watching.

Did anything come up during the commentary that I missed. I'm hoping that Hawk, in part of the telecast I missed, ripped on the Moron for being a windsock.
During the click to pick, Hawk said that he and Chicago's very own, Jay Marriotti "the best spinmeister" are picking Crede (I think) as their click to pick. He followed it right up by repeating again the Marriotti is the Best Spinmeister ever!

TAKE HIM DOWN HAWK.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-01-2004, 09:19 AM
SSN721 SSN721 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In da Heights, Arlington that is
Posts: 2,050
Default

Personally I like it, he seems to represent a good number of fans (not all, but a lot I would think) who have no voice and can say nothing to Jay on a bigger stage. I know it will only cause retaliation after retaliation but I like it. Kind of looking forward to the next salvo by Mariotti.
__________________
END OF LINE
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Dan H Dan H is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Highland
Posts: 1,941
Default Hawk and Mariotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch
Hawk has to let it go...This Mariotti thing is out of control. He's a pud - who cares? Broadcast the game and stop worrying about Jay.
I agree. Hawk acts like people actually listen to Mariotti. Harrelson has plenty to talk about during the game itself. Fans will make up their own minds about Mariotti, and from all appearances, have done that already.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
SEALgep SEALgep is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,122
Default

Jose is the three run homerun Meister, I believe he refers to Mariotti as the Spin Master.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-01-2004, 10:26 AM
southsidegirl southsidegirl is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: i may live in the western burbs, but my heart is in the southside
Posts: 520
Default

I don't Hawk taking shots at the Moron as long as he doesn't go off on some Jay-dissing tangent in the middle of an at bat.
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...homasdiet2.jpg

I lost 50 pounds and 6 dress sizes on the Frank Thomas diet!!!!!!

http://www.xanga.com/layla239
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-01-2004, 10:41 AM
itsnotrequired itsnotrequired is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: new mexico!
Posts: 18,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidegirl
I don't Hawk taking shots at the Moron as long as he doesn't go off on some Jay-dissing tangent in the middle of an at bat.
I really like that Hawk will just sort of drop a name and then say no more. Those who are "out of the loop" probably wonder what is going on but I'd much rather have that than some 2 batter long rant.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.