White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 PM
WSI Regular

Default Alou Lost in the Ivy

Outside of a ball bouncing off of a washed-up one-time Sox player's head, I cannot recall a funnier highlight than Moises Alou losing the ball in the ivy last night. You could tell Chip and Stone were ready to start yelling "It's RIGHT THERE!!!" just like every Cubs fan sitting in front of a TV last night. It really was right there too.

Then he starts tearing out the ivy, further obscuring the ball. Sticking his cleats into the foilage, ripping large divots out of the historic wall. CLASS-IC. He must have skipped his golden shower that morning.

Too bad Biggio's error was the more significant one.

Share your favorite funny plays of recent history. I'm up for some laughs.

'Stache rides again.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

one of the coolest things i think i remember is beltran in the game a couple nights ago. he leaped over the wall, trying to steal a homer away from someone. he came down and sat against the wall like he didnt have the ball. the guy was trotting around the bases like he hit a homer. then beltran stood up and flashed the ball to the ump. he had caught it! it was amazing.

and funny.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:54 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbooyah
one of the coolest things i think i remember is beltran in the game a couple nights ago. he leaped over the wall, trying to steal a homer away from someone. he came down and sat against the wall like he didnt have the ball. the guy was trotting around the bases like he hit a homer. then beltran stood up and flashed the ball to the ump. he had caught it! it was amazing.

and funny.
The way he was sitting on the warning track with his mitt covering half of his face, as if to say "how could I have missed that?", was an Oscar-worthy performance.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_valenstache
Outside of a ball bouncing off of a washed-up one-time Sox player's head, I cannot recall a funnier highlight than Moises Alou losing the ball in the ivy last night. You could tell Chip and Stone were ready to start yelling "It's RIGHT THERE!!!" just like every Cubs fan sitting in front of a TV last night. It really was right there too.

Then he starts tearing out the ivy, further obscuring the ball. Sticking his cleats into the foilage, ripping large divots out of the historic wall. CLASS-IC. He must have skipped his golden shower that morning.

Too bad Biggio's error was the more significant one.

Share your favorite funny plays of recent history. I'm up for some laughs.
I heard Moises in an interview admit that when "he knew he had no chance, he started kicking the ball away" Funny
Old 06-30-2004, 05:17 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

He didn't want to stick his hands all the way in there; the urine might have killed the ivy. Then again, if it died Monday they could have blamed Sox fans again.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbooyah

and funny.
Weren't there not one but two occasions when it looked like Beltran caught the ball over the wall against us in KC but didn't? One of them was a PKGS.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Banned

Matsui smashing his head on a seat at US Cellular attempting to catch a fly ball.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10
Matsui smashing his head on a seat at US Cellular attempting to catch a fly ball.
That gets my vote!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think Patterson getting tricked by Harris and Valentin is hilarious. It's even funnier that he gave them a hard look as if to say they did something illegal. Everytime I watch him play he becomes whinier and whinier, and I'm waiting for him to become as much of a bitch as sosa.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:19 AM
WSI Personality

During a recent game at USCF Ozzie was tossed after arguing with the home plate umpire. Shortly afterwards, an opposing batter (don't remember who) hit a hard foul ball straight back and knocked the ump's face mask off. The entire crowd stood up and cheered. Wish I would have been there to see it.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:16 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23ventura
During a recent game at USCF Ozzie was tossed after arguing with the home plate umpire. Shortly afterwards, an opposing batter (don't remember who) hit a hard foul ball straight back and knocked the ump's face mask off. The entire crowd stood up and cheered. Wish I would have been there to see it.
Even funnier was the "I deserved that" smile the ump had when he took off his mask. I remember Hawk chuckling at that one.